TISSNET 2019 – TISSNET, a national level entrance test that stands for TISS National Entrance Test conducted every year by the regulating body TISS for the candidates willing to pursue postgraduate programs such as M.A., M.H.A., M.P.H., M.Sc. etc. However, it is significant for the candidates to fill the application form that has been released from 30th October 2018 in online as well offline mode (for the candidates staying in the remote areas) in order to register themselves to for appearing in the entrance test. Now, the candidates, to fill the application form, have to make a visit to the website of TISS and then enter all the required details asked for i.e. personal as well as education details along with the scanned photograph, signature etc. Moreover, the successful submission will not be done until the payment of application fee that differs category wise. Therefore, candidates to know the detail information about the important dates, application form, admit card, exam, result etc. must read the article thoroughly and try to fill the form before the deadline i.e. 10th December 2018.
TISSNET 2019 Notification – Registration Started
TISSNET 2019 Registration live from 30th October 2018. Check here for apply online.
The important dates of TISSNET for the year 2019 have been released by the examination conducting authority for the candidates. Thus, Let’s go through the TISSNET 2019 important dates
|Release of TISSNET Application Form||30th October 2018|
|Last Date for the submission of Application form||10th December 2018|
|Last Date to submit the Receipt of Application Form via post||12th December 2018|
|Availability of TISSNET Admit Card||26th-27th December 2018|
|Pre-admission Orientation Program for Candidates belonging to SC/ST and PWD category will be conducted at Mumbai/Hyderabad/Guwahati and Tujlapur campus||23rd December 2018|
|Entrance Test of TISSNET 2019||13th January 2019|
|Declaration of TISSNET 2019 Result||4th February 2019|
|PIT and PI round at TISS Mumbai for the courses offered at TISS Mumbai and BALM, Chennai campuses||5th-15th March 2019 (Excluding Sunday) 16th-19th March 2019 25th-28th March 2019 1st-4th April 2019|
TISSNET Application Form 2019
Read everything about TISSNET Application Form 2019 before filling the same to eliminate the possibilities of any error while submitting the application form. Below all the important details regarding TISSNET application form are mentioned:
- TISSNET Application form 2019 has been made available through online mode from 30th October 2018 and will continue until 10th December 2018. However, candidates of rural areas can fill the application form in offline mode as well.
- Students from distant places need to pay the required fee to the Assistant Registrar (Academic), Tata Institute of Social Sciences, Deonar Mumbai, 400088.
- Aspirants can apply for 3 courses maximum across any of the 2 campuses of TISS.
- While filling up the TISSNET 2019 application form, upload the scanned signature, images, challan, and other important documents required therein.
- Students who will opt for online mode for submitting application do not require sending the printed application form.
- The conducting authority will accept application fee through online modes (Debit Card/ Credit Card/ Net Banking).
- The candidates can also pay the application fee through challan in any of the SBU Branches.
- Bank will charge an extra fee for challan issuance.
- Check below table to know about detailed application fee model:
|Paying through Online Mode|
|1-course Application Fee||Rs. 1030||Rs. 260|
|2-course Application Fee||Rs. 2060||Rs. 520|
|3-course Application Fee||Rs. 3090||Rs. 780|
|Application Fee through Challan|
|1-course Application Fee||Rs. 1000 + bank charges||Rs. 250 + bank charges|
|2-course Application Fee||Rs. 2000 + bank charges||Rs. 500 + bank charges|
|3-course Application Fee||Rs. 3000 + bank charges||Rs. 750 + bank charges|
TISSNET 2019 Reservation Policy
Candidates after clearing the entrance test of TISSNET can get into any of its four campuses that are TISS (Hyderabad, Mumbai, Guwahati, and Tujlapur). But it is important for the candidates to know that these institute of TISS have vacant seats for the candidates belonging to the reserved category. Also, the final selection of the candidates is done on the basis of seat reservation policy that is mentioned below in the given table:
|Categories||TISS Hyderabad||TISS Mumbai||TISS Guwahati||TISS Tuljapur|
|Armed Forced Employees’ Children||5%||5%||5%||5%|
|Candidates of North-Eastern State||—||—||66%||—|
TISSNET 2019 Eligibility Criteria
Know everything about the TISSNET 2019 eligibility criteria with the help of below pointers:
- Candidates to apply for TISSNET 2019 exam must have done with their bachelors from any of the recognized universities.
- Candidates who are still pursuing the final year of graduation and fulfill the other requirements can also apply for the same.
- Candidates who are still pursuing the graduation of 3 years should have passed in all the four semesters and those pursuing 4 years of graduation must have cleared all the 6 semesters with no back in any subject.
- Further, there is no age bar or no any kind of restrictions on the number of attempts.
TISSNET 2019 Exam Pattern
Have a look at the below information to get comprehensive details about TISSNET 2019 Exam Pattern:
- Exam Mode: The exam will be conducted in online mode only i.e. computer-based.
- Question Type: the test paper of TISSNET 2019 will contain only objective-type questions.
- Exam Duration: The time duration allotted to the candidates will be 1 hour and 40 minutes for completing the TISSNET 2019 test paper.
- Subjects: questions will be based on the 3 subjects that are mentioned below.
- Negative Marking: No negative marking will be applicable for attempting wrong answer.
|Logical Reasoning & Mathematics||30|
TISSNET 2019 Syllabus
Find the detailed subject-wise syllabus to prepare specifically for TISSNET 2019 syllabus of Exam:
|Analytical and Numerical Ability This section comprises of questions that test the mathematical skills of the candidates. Hence, to score good marks, candidates must start practicing the topics which are mentioned in the parallel box.||· Ratio · HCF and LCM · Basic Geometry · Time-Speed and Distance · Time and Work · Mixtures and Allegations · Square Root and Basic Algebra · Areas, Volumes · Time and Distance · Simple Interest · Compound Interest · Properties of Shapes · Basic Set Concepts · Percentages and Averages|
|Awareness of Social and General Issues For this section, candidates need to remain updated with all the latest updates and current happenings. Thus, aspiring candidates must focus on the topics which are mentioned in the box opposite to it.||· General Geology · Personalities · Films · History · Geography · Fine arts and Music · Recent Social Issues · Literature · Sociological Awareness · Meaning of Terms · Current Affairs · Economic Processes|
|English Proficiency This section aims at checking the writing skills, grammar, word power etc. of the candidates. Therefore, candidates ought to practice according to the topics which are mentioned equivalently.||· Analogy · Reading Comprehension · Synonyms and Antonyms · Fill in the Blanks · Pairing of Words · Vocabulary · Rearrange the Sentences|
The way to success goes through proper planning and preparation. Swirl your glimpse over the below-given points:
- First of all, go through the exam pattern and syllabus to know the detail information about the subjects and the topics covered under them. Also, candidates will be able to know the overall pattern.
- Strategize the study plan as per the convenience and allot more time on the topic which seems tough for the candidates.
- Solve the sample papers as well as the question papers of the previous years to have in-depth information about the exam pattern, difficulty level of the exam, question-type etc. Also, the candidates can analyze their weakest area to practice more and overcome the weakness to score well in the exam.
- Before three months of the commencement of the exam, candidates must start taking an online mock test to enhance the accuracy and to learn time management skills.
- Purchase the reference book of each subject to gain detail information about each topic in each subject.
- Lastly, stay happy, calm and confident.
Preparation Books for TISSNET 2019
Below-mentioned are the names of the books along with the author and publisher. Therefore, candidates willing to crack the exam with good marks must start their preparation by taking the help from the books mentioned below. Solving questions from the below given books, candidates will get to learn different methods and tricks for solving complex questions in less time duration. Thus, candidates must purchase the reference books of best authors and practice accordingly on a daily basis.
|Book Name||Name of Author/Publisher|
|How to prepare for Logical Reasoning for CAT||Arun Sharma|
|Objective English for Competitive Examination||Hari Mohan Prasad|
|Indian Polity||M. Laxmikanth|
|An advanced Approach to Data Interpretation|
|Quantitative Aptitude by R.S Aggarwal||R.S. Agarwal|
|Proficiency in Reading Comprehension Simplifying the “Passage” for you||Ajay Singh|
TISSNET 2019 Admit Card
Candidates to appear in the entrance test of TISSNET for the year 2019 have to download the admit card which will be made available on 26th-27th December only through online mode and will not be sent to any candidates via post. Further downloading the admit card, it is significant to check all the details mentioned on it as in case candidate finds any discrepancy on the admit card, they should get it rectified by consulting the examination conducting authority before the commencement of the exam. Also, it is mandatory for the candidates to carry their admit card because if any candidate forgets to carry his/her hall ticket, he/she will not be allowed to enter the examination hall under any circumstances. Now, let’s have a look at the steps required to download the admit card which is mentioned below:
- Visit the official website of TISS
- Click on the link of TISSNET 2019 Admit Card to download
- A dialog box will appear, enter the registration number and date of birth in it.
- The admit card of the candidate will display on the screen. Download it and take the print out for the further reference.
Note* – In case any discrepancy occurs, candidates can call TISS CARE i.e. on 022-2552 5252 or can make a complaint by sending a mail to email@example.com
However, along with the admit card, candidates must carry any of the documents from aadhar card, passport, driving license, passport size recent photographs as an identity proof.
TISSNET 2019 Exam Centres
Below-mentioned is the table that contains the list of exam centres in different region across the country. However, candidates will be allotted to the one among 39 exam centres. Hence, let’s have a look at the below-given table:
Exam Centres/ Test Cities
Eastern/ North-eastern Region
· New Delhi
· Greater Noida
After the completion of the written exam of TISSNET 2019, candidates will eagerly wait for the declaration of result by the examination conducting authority i.e. Tata Institute of Social Sciences (TISS). Hence, to download the result of TISSNET 2019, candidates have to visit the official website as it will be made available in online mode form 4th February 2019 in online mode. Therefore, below-mentioned are the steps required to download the TISSNET 2019 result.
Steps to Download TISSNET 2019 Result
- Visit to the official website of TISSNET
- at the top of the page and Below the “Admission” tab, an option to download the result will be there, click on it
- Enter the user ID and password
- The result of TISSNET 2019 will appear on the screen.
- Download it and take the hard copy for the further usage.
TISSNET Cutoff 2019
The cutoff for TISSNET 2019 will be released after the declaration of TISSNET 2019 result. The cutoff percentile is the minimum qualifying marks set up by the institute for the candidates to fulfill in order to select them for selection procedure round. Therefore, according to the prescribed cutoff percentile of the TISSNET, candidates belonging to the reserved category i.e. SC/ST must have acquired 35% and those of general category must have obtained 45% in the written exam of TISSNET. However the cutoff percentile does not remain the same every year, instead it keeps changing due the factors that are mentioned below:
Factors Determining the TISSNET Cutoff 2019
- Difficulty level of the exam
- Availability of Seats
- of Applicants applying for TISSNET 2019
- Previous year’s cutoff percentile.
|Development Studies||General Category||75|
|M.A. in Human Resource Management and Labour Relations||General Category||82|
After fulfilling the cutoff percentile set up by the examination conducting authority, candidates will get shortlisted for the selection procedure that involves Pre-Interview Test and Personal Interview round. Further based on the marks acquired in TISSNET 2019 exam and performance in selection procedure round, the final merit list will be released. Therefore, to know the detail information about the same, let’s go through the following:
- Entrance Test of TISSNET
- Pre-Interview Test or Group Discussion
- Personal Interview (PI)
- Candidates on the basis of marks scored in TISSNET 2019 exam will get shortlisted for the Pre-Interview round.
- Pre-Interview test is a kind of written test in which candidates will be given essay to write in 1000-1500 words and the marks for this section will be 25-30.
- In section II, candidates will be given short case-let with 4 questions based on it and the mark allotted to this section will be 20-25 marks
- However, the time duration for the Pre-Interview round will be 35-40 minutes
Personal Interview Round
- Candidates after completing the PIT round will be called for the further round of Personal Interview.
- In this round, candidates’ communication skills and the soft skills (gesture, body language etc.) will be checked and after completion of these rounds, the final merit list will be released.
TISSNET 2019 Merit List
Post completion of the selection procedure, the final merit list will be released by the examination conducting authority containing the name of the selected candidates who can seek admission in TISS for postgraduate programs. However, candidates need to know the weightage which is given to the components required for preparing the merit list. Hence, let’s go through the following table:
|Parameters||Weightage Given||Total Marks|
|TISSNET 2019 Exam||40||100|
TISSNET 2019 FAQs
Q1. How to apply for TISSNET 2019
Ans. For TISSNET 2019, candidates can apply through both online as well as offline mode. For online mode, candidates have to visit the online mode, enter the details asked therein along with the application fee. On the other hand to fill the application form in offline mode, print the application form, fill it and sent it to Assistant Registrar office of Tata Institute of Social Sciences, Deonar, Mumbai. TISSNET 2019 application form is available from 30th October 2018 to 10th December 2018.
Q2. What are the documents required while filling the TISSNET application form?
Ans. Candidates before filling the application form must keep all the personal as well as education documents handy including the mark sheets of 10th, 12th, and graduation, scanned and recent passport size photographs and signature, Caste certificate for the candidates belonging to the reserved category, income certificate for the candidates of SC/ST/OBC (NC).
Q3. What are the programs offered by TISS?
Ans. Candidates on clearing the entrance test of TISSNET can pursue fulltime M.A. /M.Sc. / MHA/ Law Programs. Further, programs such as M.Phil. /Ph.D will be offered by TISS.
Q4. Is there any Reservation Policy in TISS?
Ans. Yes, TISS follows the reservation policy for the candidates of reserved category. Therefore, according to the reservation policy, 15% seats are reserved for SC, 7.5% for ST, and 27% for the candidates of other classes. Moreover, 3% seats are reserved for Person with Disabilities, 1% for the Kashmiri Migrants and for the children of Armed Forces Employees, 5% seats are reserved.
Q5. Can I apply for multiple programs in TISS?
Ans. Yes, TISS gives the opportunity to the candidates to apply for more than 1 program at a time. Thus, to apply for multiple programs candidates have to fill only one application form and select all those programs you wish to apply for and pay the fee for each program solely.
Q6. What is the application fee for TISSNET 2019?
Ans. Candidates belonging to the general category have to remit Rs. 1000/- + bank charges and for SC/ST candidates, the application fee is Rs. 250/-+ bank charges for single program and in order to apply for 2 programs, the application fee will be double and so on.
Q7. What is the total number of seats allotted for MA in HRM and LR programs?
Ans. For, MA in HRM and LR programs, 60 seats are allotted for the candidates.
Q8. What is the procedure of selection for TISS?
Ans. After the completion of TISSNET exam, candidates based on the marks acquired in the entrance test of TISS will be called for the selection procedure round that involves Pre-Interview Test and Personal Interview rounds. Post completion of these rounds, the final merit list will be declared containing the names of the candidates to seek admission in any of the TISS campuses.
Q9. What is the prescribed size for uploading the documents?
Ans. Candidates must follow the format and size to upload each document while filling the TISSNET 2019 application form. Now, as per the requirement, income tax certificate, caste certificate, Kashmiri Migrant Certificate, Armed Force certificate, PWD certificate should be uploaded in 500KB of Size.
Q10. What are the eligibility criteria for MA in HRM and LR program?
Ans. Candidates must have completed their graduation of 3 or 4 years from any of the recognized university.
Feel free to resolve all your TISSNET 2019 related queries by posting the same in the comment box below. Our experts will get in touch with you in no time.