TISSNET 2019 Syllabus – The syllabus of Tata Institute of Social Science National Entrance Test (TISSNET) significant for the candidates as it is considered as the key to qualifying the exam easily. Therefore, the syllabus of TISSNET for the year 2019 will be prescribed by the conducting body i.e. Tata Institute of Social Science (TISS) for the candidates longing to seek admission in any of the campuses of TISSNET for postgraduate courses like M.A, M.H.A, M.Sc., M.P.H, and other such programs. However, the syllabus of TISSNET remains the same every year yet the candidates need to check it for own satisfaction and to prepare accordingly for acquiring high percentile. Hence, the candidates ought to formulate the study chart after scrutinizing the syllabus and exam pattern too by allotting equal time to every subject. Therefore, lastly, candidates are recommended to go through the article meticulously to fetch detailed info about TISSNET 2019 syllabus, exam pattern, preparation tips etc.
TISSNET 2019 Syllabus
Basically, the TISSNET 2019 syllabus is divided into three major sections and 3 minor sections. Overall, these 6 sections are divided to cover each topic to check the different skills of the candidates. Therefore, hereby, in the following table, we have provided the name of the section, its aim and also the topics covered in each section. Thus, let’s have a glimpse of it.
|Logical Reasoning – this section comprises of topics that aim at checking the problem-solving ability of the candidates.||Venn Diagram, Puzzles, Logical Connectivity, Statement Conclusion/Assumption/Arguments, Number Series, Puzzles, Eye for Detail, Cubes, etc.|
|Quantitative Ability – consists of topics that test the mathematical skills or ability to solve complex and most tricky questions.||Ratio and Proportion, Number System, Percentages, Averages, Profit & Loss, Basic Geometry, Time, Distance & Speed etc.|
|Reading Comprehension – This section includes those topics that test the opinion or view of the candidates’ answer for passage-based questions.||Purpose of the Passage, Flaw and Discrepancy, Author’s point of view, the main idea of the passage, Inference and Conclusion Drawn, Passage-based questions etc.|
|Data Interpretation – questions asked from this sections are based on graphs, tables etc, that check the statistical skills of the candidates.||Pie Chart, Bar Graphs, Tables, Multiple Graphs, Line Graphs, Case Lets, Data Comparison.|
|Verbal Ability-This section consists of questions that test the English Proficiency, writing skills of the candidates||Match the following, Sentence Correction, Odd one out, Word Substitute in a Sentence, Idioms- Fill in the Blanks, Analogies, Antonyms, and Fill in the Blanks- Homophones.|
|General Awareness – Questions asked in this section aims at checking the awareness of the candidates. Candidates to obtain good marks in this section need to remain updated with all the current happenings.||Politics, History & Geography, Governance, Law, Current Events, International Policies, Literature, Art & Culture, Media, Health, etc.|
TISSNET Exam Pattern Highlights 2019
Candidates intended to appear in the entrance test of TISSNET for the year 2019 must go through the exam pattern besides going through the syllabus to have detailed information about the test paper including mode, medium, marking scheme, time duration of the TISSNET 2019 exam.
- Mode of Examination– The entrance test of TISSNET 2019 will be conducted through online mode.
- Time Duration– The candidates will get 1 hour and 40 minutes to complete their paper.
- Number of Questions– Total no. of 100 Questions will be asked in TISSNET 2019.
- Questions-type – Objective- type questions
- Medium– the test paper of TISSNET 2019 will be in the English Language.
- Marking Scheme– The candidates will obtain 1 mark for each correct answer whereas, for the wrong answer, there will be no mark deduction.
|Mathematics and Logical Reasoning||30|
Tips and Tricks for the Preparation of TISSNET 2019
- Candidates must go through the TISSNET 2019 exam pattern and Syllabus first.
- Secondly, based on the topics in each section formulate the study chart and allot equal time to each topic.
- While solving questions, try to analyze the topic you generally face problem in and accordingly by practising more try to overcome the weakness and further fortify it to acquire good marks.
- Buy the reference books of best author and publishers to learn different methods and tricks that will help the candidates in solving complex questions.
- Also, solve previous years’ question as well as sample papers to analyze the difficulty level of the exam and also the pattern of test paper.
- For General Awareness section, read the newspaper, magazines on regular basis to remain updated with the current happenings related to sports, politics, social issues, literature, business, crime etc.
- For English Proficiency, candidates must read English magazines, journals, novels etc. to improvise your vocabulary, synonyms, antonyms, and also practice 3-4 passages a day. Besides this, also solve questions based on sentence correction, fill in the blanks etc.
- Start taking the mock test when only 3 months are left for the commencement of the exam to boost up the accuracy and speed for solving questions in the TISSNET 2019 exam.
- Lastly, stay calm and confident.
All the required details related to TISSNET 2019 Syllabus are prescribed in the above sections. By reading such articles, the candidates can go-off preparing for the entrance test of TISSNET 2019 by making their study plan. The candidates must strengthen their weak areas. Therefore, get updated from time to time. In case the candidates have doubts, they can post their query in the comment section given below.