TISSNET 2019 Selection Procedure – The candidates willing to take up TISSNET 2019 exam must know the selection procedure to prepare well. The selection procedure of TISSNET 2019 will comprise of several stages, namely, TISSNET exam, Pre-interview test or Group Discussion and Personal Interview; only those candidates will participate in these rounds who will obtain the minimum cutoff marks. The candidates must make sure they meet the eligibility criteria as prescribed by the TISS, Mumbai and the selection procedure will begin soon after the announcement of the result and will be selected for PIT and PI round based on the performance in the TISSNET examination. The PIT and PI round will be conducted at Mumbai campus for programs offered at Mumbai, Tuljapur, Chennai, Ranchi, and What whereas for Hyderabad and Guwahati the PIT and PI round will be conducted in their respective campuses. Candidates must keep in mind that they need to travel to attend PIT and PI round if they had applied for programs at one or more campuses. TISSNET is the nationwide entrance exam for admission in Masters, Social Science and other 54 programs offered by TISS. The exam is held in the month of January. Candidates must read this article in order to get more information on TISSNET 2019 Selection procedure.
Important Dates related to TISSNET 2019 Selection Procedure
The tentative important dates are given below for the candidate’s references. As soon as the actual dates will be released the table will be updated below
|1||Application Forms will be available from||October|
|2||Last Date to submit online application form||December|
|3||Last Date to submit the application form through post||December|
|4||Issue of Admit Cards||December|
|5||TISSNET 2018 Exam||January|
|6||Announcement of TISSNET 2018 Result||January|
|7||Pre-Interview Test and Personal Interview at TISS Campuses (Mumbai and Chennai)||March|
|8||Pre-Interview Test and Personal Interview at TISS Hyderabad Campus||March|
|9||Pre-Interview Test and Personal Interview at TISS Guwahati Campus||March|
|11||1st Submission of documents to confirm provisional admission||April|
|12||First Waiting List for admissions in TISS||May|
|13||2nd Submission of documents to confirm provisional admission||May|
|14||Second Waiting List for admissions in TISS||May|
|15||3rd Submission of documents to confirm provisional admission||May|
|16||Commencement of the Academic Session, 2018-2020||June|
Details of TISSNET 2019 Selection Procedure
There are three steps that are covered under selection procedure which are as given below
- TISSNET entrance exam: The candidates must qualify TISSNET 2019 to get selected which will schedule in January 2019. The percentage candidates need to secure is as follows for general category is 45% and 35 % for SC and ST category. Those candidates who qualify and meet the criteria will be called for the next round of selection procedure. The test paper of TISSNET consists of 100 marks which carry 100 multiple objective type questions and must complete within 100 minutes of duration.
- Pre – Interview Test/ Group Discussion (PIT – GD) – This is the second stage of the selection procedure and the candidates are shortlisted based on the CAT scores. The authority will check the communication skills as well as the analytical ability of a candidate. This section carries 50 marks.
- Personal Interview (PI) – This is the third and final round of selection procedure, even the most essential round where the candidates overall personality will be judged and the documents will also be verified. Your expression and the way of talking will also play a vital role. The candidate must know well about their academics and work experience as the judges will ask about it. They will even ask about the current affairs and goals in life.
The marks allotted to each section are given below in the table for the candidate’s reference so that they can prepare accordingly. Candidates must perform well in all the three sections in order to get admission in TISS, thought the TISSNET exam has maximum weightage the candidates will be offer admission based on the cumulative performance. Let’s have a look in the table given below to get more idea.
|01.||National Entrance Exam (TISSNET)||100|
|02.||Pre-Interview Test/Group Discussion||50|
Know marking scheme of TISSNET 2019 selection procedure
The marking scheme of TISSNET is distributed into three sections according to the exam pattern. The weightage assigned to each section is given in the table below
Weight-age to each section of TISSNET
|01||General Awareness/Social Sensitivity||40|
|03||Maths & Logical Reasoning||30|
TISSNET 2019 Selection Procedure Cutoff Details
The minimum marks required to qualify the entrance exam is known as Cutoff. According to the experts, the cutoff of 2018 for general categories ranges from 72 + / -2. TISS Mumbai decides the cutoff marks for TISSNET. On the basis of cut off, the candidates are selected for the next round that is for GD & PI round. The cutoffs for different categories are given below:
TISSNET Qualifying Cutoff
|Other Categories (General, OBC etc.)||45%|
Preparation of final TISSNET 2019 merit list
The final merit list will be prepared once the selection procedure round is completed and the merit list prepared depends on various factors which are given below:
- The merit list prepared consists of TISSNET scores, PIT, and PI percentage for General category and reserved category. The weightage assigned are as TISSNET – 40%, PIT – 30 %, PI – 30%.
- The list prepared is based on merit as well as the exam centres and courses selected at the time of filling the application form.
- In case, if two candidates score equal marks at the end of the selection procedure the PI marks of both the candidates will be compared and the one who scores more marks will be eligible for admission. In case if PIT marks are equal then the entrance marks will be compared. But if there are tie-in TISSNET marks then one who scores higher of all the sections will be eligible for admission.
For any clarification related to TISSNET 2019 Selection Procedure, you can leave your comment in the below-given comment box.