TISSNET 2019 Result – The most awaited time comes to an end with the announcement of the TISSNET result. TISS, Tata Institute of Social Science, the exam conducting body has announced the result on 4th February 2019 which is in a form of a scorecard. Moreover, the result declared is made available online which a candidate can download from the official website by using their login ID and password. The candidates who have appeared in the TISSNET 2019 exam can check their result also on this page, a link is posted below to download the TISSNET 2019 Result. The candidates must note that no hard copy of the result will be sent to them. The result of TISSNET displays the following information such as candidate’s score and qualifying status as well as the name and roll number. After the declaration of the result, the participating institutes will announce their cutoff and the list of the shortlisted candidates. The candidates who will be shortlisted will be called for the further round of selection procedure that is for Pre- Interview Test (PIT) and Personal Interview (PI) round. The qualifying marks set up by the authority are 45 % for General and OBC while 35 % for SC/ST category. TISSNET exam is conducted every year for the candidates are willing to pursue Masters, Social Sciences and other 54 programs offered by TISS. The exam is held at 100 exam centres spreading across 39 cities of the country. To get more information on TISSNET 2019 Result along with the selection procedure, important dates and events and much more.
Latest Update: Tata Institute of Social Science (TISS) has announced the TISSNET 2019 Result on 11 February 2019. The candidates can check the same by clicking on the link given below:
Click here to check TISSNET 2019 Result
TISSNET 2019 Result – Important Dates
The candidates who have made up their mind to appear for TISSNET Exam in the year 2019 must know the important dates related to it. Therefore, the tentative important dates pertaining to TISSNET 2019 is furnished in the table below which is of the previous year and it is expected that the dates will remain the same, in case, if there are any changes made then the table will be updated immediately with the latest information. Till then let’s have a look at the table given below:
|TISSNET Events 2019||Dates|
|Exam Date||13th January 2019|
|Result Declaration||11 February 2019 (Declared)|
|PI & PIT Admission Rounds||5th March to 4th April 2019|
|Final Selection Announcement||Last week of April 2019|
Steps to Download the TISSNET 2019 Result
The result is made available online on 11 February 2019 and the candidates can download from the official website. No hard copies of the result will be sent. The candidates must follow the below-given steps to download the result:
- The candidates must first go to the official website of TISS
- Then log in by using the login ID and password which was provided to them while registering.
- Furthermore, enter the Captcha code and click on the ‘login’ button.
- Now take the print or download TISSNET result cum scorecard.
Details available on the TISSNET 2019 Result
The details mentioned in the result of TISSNET will contain the following details such as
- Candidates name
- Candidates roll number
- Registration number
- Score or marks obtained
- Qualified or not qualified
Tie-breaking of TISSNET 2019 Result
The candidates whose marks are equal the following policy will be brought into considerations which are as given below:
- Suppose a candidate has scored equal marks, then the marks of PI round will be considered or you can say that a candidate who has scored more marks in PI will be considered.
- It might happen that marks of two candidates in PI round might be same then, in that case, PIT round marks will be considered.
- In case there is a tie in PIT marks too, then the marks of the entrance exam of TISSNET will be bought into consideration.
- However, if the score of the entrance exam marks is the same then the higher age of the candidates will be considered.
TISSNET 2019 Result – Cutoff
The cutoff is the minimum qualifying marks candidates need to score in order to get eligible for the next round of the selection procedure. The cutoff marks are released with the announcement of the result. The cutoff set up by the authority is
- For General and OBC candidates the cutoff is 45%
- For SC and ST the cutoff marks are 35%
Now let’s see the expected cutoff category wise as stated by the experts
|Category||Career Launcher||IMS||T.I.M.E||Bulls Eye|
|General and OBC||76||77-78||72+ / -2||75+|
|SC/ ST||64- 65||–||–||–|
TISSNET 2019 Result – Selection Procedure
The selection procedure of TISSNET consists of different stages such as entrance exam, Pre Interview Test, and Personal Interview. The selection procedure begins soon after the declaration of the result. The shortlisted candidates are called for PIT and PI round. Let’s see the selection procedure
- TISSNET entrance exam – The candidates must appear for the entrance exam in order to get eligible for admission. Moreover, the candidates must score the minimum qualifying marks that for general and OBC category the candidates must score 45 % and for SC, ST category the candidates must score 35 %.
- Pre Interview Round (PIT) – This is the second stage of selection round that the candidate’s communication skill and analytical ability is checked.
- Personal Interview (PI) – This round is conducted to know the candidates more. They are asked about their academics, the goal of life, work experience, and current affairs etc.
To get admission the candidates must perform well in all the stages of the exam whereas the weightage of all the three stages of the selection process have different weightage. The below-given table clear the point:
|National Entrance Exam (TISSNET)||100|
|Pre-Interview Test/Group Discussion||50|
TISSNET 2019 Result – Merit List
The final merit list will be prepared after all the stages of the selection procedure are completed. The merit list prepared will be based on the marks scored in the entrance exam, performance in the PIT and PI. Also, the other academic records and work experience are considered to prepare the merit list. Once the list is announced the candidates to confirm their admission must submit the following documents
- Admission acceptance letter
- Scanned copies of fees paid challan ( note- the candidates can pay the fees only through any SBI branch)
- Mark–sheet of 10th, 12th, and graduation
- Caste certificate for SC, ST candidates, even income certificate should be submitted.
Weightage Given to Prepare Final Merit List
Written Test for TISSNET 2019 (NET)
Personal Interview (PI)
Pre-Interview Test (PIT)
The above all documents must be sent for verification to the TISS office. Moreover, the selected candidates must go for the medical check too which will be conducted by the medical officer institute.
Solve your queries related to TISSNET 2019 Result by leaving your comment in the below-given comment box.