TISSNET 2019 Preparation Tips – The entrance test of TISSNET that is an elision for Tata Institute of Social Science National Entrance Test will be conducted in the month of January 2019 tentatively by the conducting body i.e. Tata Institute of Social Science (TISS) for the candidates willing to seek admission in any of the TISS that are in Hyderabad, Chennai, Mumbai, Guwahati and Tuljapur. Now, the candidates to know the preparation tips must read this article thoroughly as hereby, we have provided in a detailed form. So, the candidates to score high in the TISSNET 2019 exam must first of all go through the syllabus and exam pattern. Secondly, strategize the study chart on a daily, weekly or monthly basis as per the candidate’s convenience. Hence after all these, candidates must pick those topics in which they are weak or face the problem so that they can strengthen it by the time of TISSNET 2019 exam. Take an online mock test to improve your accuracy and boost the speed. Besides, purchase the best reference books for learning different methods or tricks for solving complex questions and also solve previous years’ question and sample papers as it contains question from all three sections and candidates easily get to know the overall pattern of the exam and the difficulty level too. Therefore, at last, the candidates are suggested to prepare according to the tips that are cited or furnished in this article.
TISSNET 2019 Preparation Tips about Exam Pattern
Before we move on to the further section of TISSNET 2019 preparation tips, it is essential for the candidates to understand the test pattern of TISSNET
2019 as it will help the candidates to get an idea about the number of sections, a number of question asked, and duration to complete the exam etc. Candidates can also get an idea about the marking on each topic. The exam pattern is of the previous year and is assumed to be more or less similar. The table given below will clarify the TISSNET exam pattern in 2019.
|S. No.||Name of the Sections||Number of questions asked||Duration|
|1||English Proficiency||30||1 hour 40 minutes (100 minutes)|
|2||Maths & Logical Reasoning||30|
TISSNET 2019 Preparation Tips – Section wise
Detailed section-wise preparation tips are given below. Candidates must read it and start preparing accordingly.
The questions asked in this section check the writing ability, grammar, word power etc. of the candidates. Now, let’s have a look at the following topics covered under this section:
- Odd word out
- Sentence Correction
- Fill in the Blanks
- Idioms – Match the following
- Word Substitute in the sentence
- Error Spotting
- Passage-based questions
- Purpose of the passage etc.
There are two sections which are broadly divided into Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension. For the TISSNET 2019, there are some useful preparation tips on the English Proficiency section which are as follows
- Candidates are advised to read the newspaper daily for the improvement of English as it increases the knowledge because by reading newspapers you will come across many new words which are an excellent source for improving your vocabulary. Candidates must read the Editorial section also. Even they should note down the difficult words from the paper and try to find out the meaning of those words. Reading newspaper not only improves in comprehension but also helps you in sentence structuring. If candidates can’t read newspaper in one go, they can read it in sections.
- Practice at least 3-4 passages a day as this will help the candidates to write their answers in proper and effective way. Also, in this section, candidates’ point of view, writing skills are checked.
- Next and the most important part of TISSNET 2019 preparation tips
- In the English section the topics covered already mentioned above. Therefore numbers of questions are based on idioms, synonyms, and antonyms. For the preparation of English, section candidates must focus more and more idioms, synonyms, and antonyms.
- Lastly, for the preparation of TISSNET 2019, English Proficiency is learning the rules of the Grammar. This will help the candidates to understand and answer the question which is based on sentence correction and error spotting.
- Solve the sample papers and question papers of the previous year to know the level of difficulty of TISSNET exam and the overall pattern of the test paper. Apart from this, when 3 months are left for the commencement of the exam, begin to take online mock tests to improvise your accuracy and to overcome the weaknesses.
Books for the preparation for English Proficiency
- Objective General English – S.P Bakshi
- Word Power Made Easy – Norman Lewis
- A mirror of Common Errors – Dr. Ashok Kumar Singh
- 30 days to more powerful Vocabulary – Norman Lewis
- Grammar Error Spot – A. Upadhaya
- Better English – Norman Lewis
Maths & Logical Reasoning
Candidates for this section must practice the topics which are mentioned below. However, the topics aim at checking the mathematical skills of the candidates. Therefore, let’s have a look at the following:
- Number Series
- Venn Diagram
- Ratio and Proportion
- Basic Geometry
- Logical Connectivity
- Alphabet Series
- Profit and Loss
- Statement Conclusion/Assumption
- Eye for detail
- For the Maths portion, the questions mostly asked are based on basic Mathematical concepts. To qualify this section, candidates need to be proficient with Class 10th and 12th Maths.
- Candidates need to practice and solve as many questions as they can.
- The sample papers of TISSNET 2018 can also prove to be helpful for them in qualifying this section. It is important and necessary to know shortcuts which will help them to save time in solving the questions. Candidates need to practice questions related to alphabet series, number series, logical connectivity, and puzzles etc.
- To qualify this exam candidates to need to revise the formulas and theorems perfectly as it will in scoring good marks. Solving as many questions will not only improve your mathematical skills but will also increase your speed.
- Take the help of the reference books in order to learn different tips and tricks to implement it while solving the complicated questions.
Preparation Books for the Maths and Logical Reasoning
- Verbal and Non-Verbal Reasoning – R. S Aggarwal
- A complete Manual Book for CAT – Arihant
- Data Interpretation and Data Sufficiency – Arihant
- Quantitative Aptitude Quantum CAT – Sarvesh K. Sharma
This section comprises of questions that aim at checking the awareness of the candidates regarding the latest updates of the topics that are mentioned below:
- Famous Personalities
- General awareness, section candidates must be updated with the latest events happening in the world. Apart from newspaper, the candidates can explore the internet to enhance your knowledge on current affairs.
- While preparing for TISSNET 2019 candidates must not only focus on current events but also explore the topics that are mentioned above. To score good marks candidates are advised to broaden and expand their knowledge.
- Remain active on social media specially on twitter as it is supposed to be the good source of the news and so the candidates must keep themselves updated with all the current affairs.
Preparation Books for the preparation of General Awareness
- Objective General Knowledge – Lucent
- Indian Polity by M.Laxmikant or The Indian Constitution by PM Bakshi
- NCERT’s books from standard 6th to 10th
- Manorama Year Book – Pratiyogita Darpan
- The Mega Year Book – Disha Experts
- General Knowledge – Arihant
- Yearbook 2018 – Competition Success Review
Some general preparation tips
- first of all, strategize the study plan on a regular basis as per the convenience of the candidates.
- Prior to preparing the study chart, go through the exam pattern and syllabus of AP ICET 2019
- Solev the previous years’ question as well as sample papers in order to know the difficulty level of the exam, types of questions that might be asked in the upcoming examination of AP ICET 2019
- Purchase the reference books of best author and publishers to learn different methods, tips, and tricks for solving complex questions.
- Before 3 months of the commencement of the exam, start taking online mock tests to learn time management skills and also to enhance the accuracy.
- Lastly, stay calm and confident.
To solve your queries related to TISSNET 2019 preparation tips, you can leave your comment in the below-given comment box.