Tips for Fast Track Preparation of CAT – CAT is considered one of the utmost tough entrance exams in India, but it’s not as hard as it looks like. Most of the areas tested in CAT are high school level topics. The level of difficulty is all about how aspirants look at it. Most CAT candidates quit with the supposition that they cannot score above a certain percentile without even giving a try. Here we have discussed about some Tips for Fast Track Preparation of CAT exams. It is probably a five-point rule which has to be followed by an aspirant. CAT is not a hard nut to crack. A devoted 400 hours is sufficient to brush up your basic theories and resolve some questions, and 12 mocks are enough for cracking the CAT, so totally around 500 hours should be more than adequate.
- Initial Step is building a strong foundation over the basic concepts.
- Next to do mocks every day.
- Finally revision
Quantitative aptitude: 4 hours a day
Verbal Ability: 3 hours a day
Logical Reasoning: 3 hours a day
Tips for Fast Track Preparation of CAT: Fix a Preparation Strategy
CAT is split up into three sections, in which the understanding of verbal ability, interpretation of logical reasoning and numerical ability are divided into three sections. Each of the sections requires the same effort and attention. It is better to arrive at a preparation strategy before you begin with the preparations. There are plenty of mentors and websites whom you can bump into. You only require 3 to 4 hours a day constant over a 3-4 month period to crack CAT. Anything more than 5 hours a day can and will exhaust you.
Tips for Fast Track Preparation of CAT: Important Tips to Note
- Recognize your weakest section. This is about improving your performance for specific sections
- For DI/LR, always practice the mock tests so that you get an idea if there’s a technically-too-trick you don’t know.
- For Quant, develop mental computing skills. Avoid calculators. Also, don’t try to use pen and paper.
- In Verbal, make sure to solve as many reading comprehension passages as possible in the allotted time.
- Read a newspaper everyday may be 30 minutes a day
- Solve at least two passages of reading comprehension per day
- Practice verbal ability type of puzzles daily.
- Follow a schedule and try to take at least one section test a day for the three months. In the last 45 days, you can also take 10 mock tests in addition to the daily section tests. This could be a pretty good timeline you can track, but you can certainly tailor it according to your own needs.
- Speed and accuracy are assessed CAT. So make sure you set timers for your practice while preparing.
- Develop the art of leaving questions. In addition, there is a lot of study and practice.
- Follow the time and estimate the time it takes to crack different types of problems. Try to minimize the time as much as possible for the sections you are strong. This approach will help you allocate more time to tough questions during the CAT exam. Time plays a big distinguishing role in the ultimate score.
- Try different methods in different mock CATs so that on the day of the real exam you only know which tactic works best for you. At all times hold a buffer time for each section during spot CATs to cross the review and try to answer the one you marked for later.
- Give your weakest section time, but don’t forget to work on your strength either.
- If you only give three months of CAT preparation anyway, you need to be steady and self-controlled in your approach. Preferably, you shouldn’t even miss a day without practicing. And after a backlog, it could be difficult to get back on trajectory. And you can safely take a few hours to relax every day, but skipping complete days should be avoided.
- By following these Tips for Fast Track Preparation of CAT you should be competent enough to understand the aptness and meaning as soon as you read them and you should also be clear with the fundamentals and shortcuts. It will be a good idea to start preparing by referring to last year’s question papers and solving them by the fastest. Make sure to clear the doubts as and when needed. Good luck, spend your utmost time in preparation.
This is all about how you can prepare for CAT when left with very limited time. Stay tuned to us for more valuable suggestions.