Things to be done before the CAT 2018 Registration Process-With an intent to ‘live life, king-size’, millions of graduates pursue their higher education in the field of management. The top B-Schools like IIMs screen the right candidates through India’s toughest management entrance exam i.e. CAT (Common Aptitude Test) which is a national level entrance test conducted on a rotation basis. CAT 2018 Registration begins during the second week of August 2018. Engrossed aspirants can smear through online registration mode. CAT 2018 Registration should begin from the first week of August. The actual registration dates will be published once the notification expires in July. CAT application process involves 4 basic steps namely- registration, filling out the application form, downloading documents and paying fees.
CAT 2018 Registration Process – An Overview
- The application form will be published from the second week of August 2018.
- The last registration date will be until the third week of September 2018.
- Candidates can apply only via the online mode.
- Applicants must upload the scanned images of the photo, signature and other documents into the application form.
- After completing all the details and submitting the form, candidates can use the printout of the completed application for further use.
- The modification facility in the CAT application form will begin from the last week of September.
Some important things to be done before the registration process begins
- Make a checklist beforehand you start the registration process. The registration window is open only for a timeframe od half an hour. So make sure to complete the process within the time limit. Else you will have to re-enroll from the start.
- Prepare a usable and distinctive email address for CAT 2018. All communication until the end of CAT 2018 and during the selection phase, the communications will be conversed through this email address only.
- When the registration window opens, if you have already registered you may navigate by clicking ‘existing user’ option and continue.
- Have your net banking/ credit/debit card data all set to pay the registration fee for CAT 2018
- A higher secondary(Class 12th) certificate is compulsory to fill your name. Name of the applicant should be precisely like in the certificate, or else you may need a evidence of the name change.
- If there is any name change that has happened recently, you may enter your altered name and you will also need to provide evidence of name change at the time of the exam, the interview, and the admission process
- Keep your date of birth as well as the corresponding certificates ready. Make sure it matches everywhere.
- To complete the other education-related data, you must have the grades of 10th, 12th, under graduation degree, post-graduation degree, other degrees. If you are in the last year of bachelor’s studies, you must state the total percentage until the last statement received from the university.
- A certificate of work experience is required to complete the details in the Work Experience column of the 2018 CAT registration form. You will be required to enter your experience in the full months until July 31, 2018.
- Work experience refers to all paid and full-time work done after the end of your bachelor’s degree. As a result, you must check in the 2018 CAT registration form all the areas of work that apply to you, with the work experience in months for each area.
- You will need to have your digitally signed passport size photograph ready. The dimension of the photo should be 35mm to 45mm. The photo should not be older than 6 months and should have a white background.
- Digital copy of your signature of the dimension 80mm*35mm should also be ready.
Applicants must apply online for the CAT registration 2018. The application process for completing the application form is mentioned here:
- Take a look at the official Link
- Register by entering your email ID and mobile number.
- Upon completion of the registration process, the user ID and password are generated. It will be sent to the candidate’s e-mail ID and registered mobile number.
- Log in with the system-generated user ID and password.
- Application process comprises 5 sections, namely personal data, academics, work experience, programs, and payment.
- Candidates must upload the scanned images of photo, signature, category and PwD certificate in the prescribed format.
- Pay the required registration fee in online mode.
- Finally, print out the completed application form and keep it for future reference.