TANCET MBA 2019 – TANCET or Tamil Nadu Common Entrance Test is the entrance examination that comes under state level. It is conducted by the Anna University, Chennai and is all set to offer admissions to various courses like MBA, M.E., M. Plan, M. Tech, MCA and M. Arch. By appearing and qualifying this exam, the candidates can enjoy admission in Anna University and various other affiliated colleges of the universities of Tamil Nadu.
The content in this article will explicitly provide you all the necessary information about TANCET MBA 2019 that involves everything right from the events and important dates, procedure for admission form filling, registration process, eligibility criteria, pattern of exam, syllabus of the test, tips for successful preparation, result, admit card, counseling and frequently asked questions. The candidates must read all such data before appearing or applying for this examination.
TANCET MBA 2019 Exam Date
The examination dates and other important events of TANCET MBA 2019 are listed below in the given table. The candidates will get a great support from this information as they will have the tentative idea about the exam related events and dates.
|TANCET MBA 2019 Events||Dates 2019 (Tentative)|
|Commencement of Application form filling||Last week of January|
|Last date for Application Form||Third week of February|
|Downloading of Hall Ticket||Second week of March|
|TANCET Examination Date||Third week of March|
|Declaration of TANCET Result||Fourth week of March|
|Starting date for counseling process||In the month of May|
TANCET MBA 2019 Application Form
The candidates are suggested to first go through the information brochure thoroughly and then start the process of filling the application form. Following are the points to remember before making registration in TANCET MBA 2019.
- The candidates will have to get themselves registered through online mode in case they wish to apply in TANCET.
- The availability of online application form will be open from the last week of January 2019.
- The closing date for TANCET MBA 2019 application form will fall in the third week of February 2019.
- The candidates are allowed to fill the application form for one or more than one programme if they pay the additional fee.
- The candidates need to fill the application form correctly and upload their latest photograph in the application form.
TANCET MBA 2019 Application Fee
- The application fee for TANCET 2019 will be Rs. 500/-. This is for general category candidates. However, for SC and ST applicants, it is Rs 250/- for every programme.
- The candidates will have to pay the application fee through online mode only.
The candidates who are aspiring to nurture their career in management and for this they wish to appear in TANCET MBA 2019 should first apprehend the eligibility criteria for the same else they won’t be able to analyze whether they are eligible for the exam or not. The eligibility criteria to apply in the TANCET 2019 are mentioned below:
General Eligibility criteria:
- The candidates who are applying in the final year or semester of their qualifying examination in the month of April or May 2019 are also eligible to apply.
- The candidates of other states can also appear in this exam provided their eligibility will be evaluated by the respective authorities.
- The candidates who possess the valid GATE score cannot apply for TANCET 2019.
- The candidates who carry the valid GATE score in the streams of Engineering Science and Life Science will have to apply for TANCET exam.
TANCET MBA 2019 Eligibility :
- The candidates need to carry the graduation degree in any stream with the minimum tenure of three years.
- The applicants should qualify the bachelor’s degree with minimum 50% marks. This is for general category candidates. SC or ST candidates or those fall under reserved category need to have 45% marks in the graduation.
All the aspirants who wish to gather all the information about TANCET exam 2019 before appearing in the same should never ignore the facts of the examination pattern. The exam pattern for TANCET MBA 2019 will include the following points:
- The mode of the exam will be online wherein the candidates will give the computer-based test in which the correct answer will be clicked on the screen.
- The time duration of this exam is 2 hours. The candidates need to solve the question paper within the given time only.
- There are maximum 100 questions in the exam paper.
- The type of questions in the exam will be multiple choices where the candidates need to answer the right one from all the options given for a particular question.
- The applicants who answer the question correctly will be granted one mark.
- This paper has the clause of negative marking. If the candidate gives the incorrect answer, one-third marks will be deducted.
It is beneficial for the candidates to make themselves aware of the syllabus for TANCET MBA 2019. By knowing about the topics and papers in the exam, they can be able to prepare for the same in a streamlined manner. The syllabus for MBA course consists of the subjects like Verbal Ability, Quantitative Aptitude, Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning. As far as the other courses are concerned, the type of questions and the topics will be in accordance with their respective streams.
TANCET MBA 2019 Preparation Tips
- The candidates should plan their studies in a way to prepare for each and every subject as per the pattern of the exam and the syllabus.
- Being the applicant of the exam, you should keep a watch on the syllabus, paper pattern etc. This will help you to do the focused studies for TANCET MBA 2019.
- They should take the reference from the previous years’ question papers as they act as the sample papers that give a tentative idea about the exam.
- Make a proper routine to revise whatever you study else you won’t be able to remember the topics.
- Last but not the least is your health. Take care of it as if you are not healthy from inside, you cannot study well for the examination.
TANCET MBA 2019 Exam Centers
Chennai, Virudhunagar, Karaikudi, Thanjavur, Tirunelveli, Erode, Coimbatore, Villupuram, Madurai, Salem, Tiruchirappalli, Dindigul, Chidambaram, Vellore and Nagercoil.
The candidates can get their admit card by visiting the website, that means mode will be online only. The Anna University will publish the hall ticket of TANCET in the second week of March 2019. The candidates are advised to keep the admit card safe till the process of admission gets over as the counseling authority may need it.
No need to get baffled or irritated if you lost your admit card after the test as you can simply retrieve the same by submitting the fee of amount Rs 100 through Demand Draft and a request letter in writing.
TANCET Result 2019
The result for TANCET MBA 2019 will be released in the fourth week of March 2019. Once the result is published, the candidates can get their mark sheet after 10 days. The result can be easily seen by the candidates through login id and password.
TANCET Counseling 2019
After the announcement of the result, the candidates need to appear in the counseling procedure in order to get admission. The commencement of counseling process will be made in the month of May 2019. The official website of TANCET will give you the full details of rank list and counseling along with the given date and time.
The admission will be provided to the candidates on the grounds of their marks in TANCET MBA 2019 entrance test. The applicants will have to make their documents checked in order to get provisional admission. To get final admission, they need to bring all the necessary documents and present the same in the allotted college or institute.
Frequently Asked Questions or FAQ’s
Question: When will I be able to open the TANCET application form 2019?
Answer: You will be able to get the application form on the official website from the last week of January 2019. Note that you should register yourself for the exam in this time period only.
Question: If I wish to apply for more than one course, how many application forms do I need to fill?
Answer: Even if you have to apply for one or more than one course, only one application form will be filled.
Question: How much payment do I need to make the application fee if I apply for more than one programme?
Answer: If you wish to apply for more than one programme, the application fee that you will have to submit is Rs 500/-. Note that this amount is for general category candidates. For SC or ST in Tamil Nadu state, the fee amount would be Rs 250/- only.
Question: Is GATE score required for the student to apply in TANCET?
Answer: No. The candidate is allowed to appear in TANCET if he or she does not possess GATE score.
Question: Is there any provision for getting admission in Ph.D. through TANCET?
Answer: There is no such clause of admission in Ph.D. through TANCET examination.
Question: What do you mean by Domicile and Character Certificate?
Answer: The candidate will have to get the character certificate from the last passed institution or school. Domicile certificate depicts to which state you belong.
Question: Do the candidates from other states also eligible to appear in the TANCET 2019?
Answer: Definitely. The aspirants from other states if meet the eligibility criteria can apply for the exam.