Strategies Toppers use to Crack CAT 2018 – The candidates willing appear for CAT exam always has a query is “how to prepare for the CAT 2018? and from where to start the preparations? Cat exam is scheduled to know the candidates interpretation ability and understanding skills, as well as aptitude ability. Moreover it is important to know where you stand as everyone has their way through they prepare for CAT exam. Each topper has a different preparation strategy which is based on different factors ranging from knowledge level to the availability of study materials etc. Here are some tips and strategy from toppers to crack the exam with good percentile. Follow all the tips with the utmost discipline to crack the CAT exam in the first attempt.
- Time is the most valuable resource, not only for the CAT but everywhere. As the sections are time-boxed, you may have to be clear about the timing that you will be allocated for each of the section, especially for the quant section.
- According to the specialists and CAT toppers, this section appears last during your exam. The limited time available to solve the questions in the CAT exam is the important point to note while preparing for the same.
- While most of the questions being asked in CAT are plain, what makes them hard to crack is the restricted timeframe. Therefore, make sure that you follow time-boxed practice sessions as part of your preparations.
- Of all, make sure to practice this with both multiple choices and non-multiple choice type of questions. This will help you improve your speed of attempting the questions. So make sure to manage your time with the other sections, so that you get ample time to solve the quant section.
Mock Test is a Must
- Mock tests are kind of revision tools that will help you recall whatever you have studied. Also, students tend to get pressurized before the exams.
- So these mock tests will help you feel comfortable about the actual exam and stress-free. The candidates must take CAT 2018 mock test at least twice or thrice a week. They not only help you to check and exercise whatever you have prepared, but they also give you a vision of what’s really working in your homework plan and helps you to readjust the same for the future days.
- It is not only about taking the mock tests but keeps in mind you should inculcate the art of endurance to sit in front of the computer for three hours without obstructing the focus and attention.
- Mock tests help you a lot. They actually give you a simulated environment of the exams which will help you a lot.
Practice Speed Calculation
- The speedy calculation will certainly save your time. For calculation purposes start practicing the method of manual calculation, as the screen-based calculator may consume time. Dedicate some time to improve your calculation speed.
- Dedicate some time to improve your calculation speed. For trying a question, try diving the time into two parts, to clinch the question and to determine it further.
- For trying a question, try diving the time into two parts, to clinch the question and to determine it further.
Practice Reading Every Day
- Reading is one way not only to keep yourself up to date but also it is going to help you score well in the CAT exams. Don’t restrict yourself towards what you are reading.
- Start reading a newspaper daily. Skimming & scanning are the best ways to read a newspaper. This will help you in the reading comprehension section. If you have a good reading speed you can definitely finish the VARC section way ahead of the time.
- Try to read as many novels, books as you can and remember to finish them within two to three weeks of time. If you can, then you are the one! Try reading books from various genres. Who knows you RC passage may be from any one of them!
Learn to Analyze the Mistakes
- If you consider you are one good learner, then IIMs is your ultimate destination. Don’t panic about the mistakes you make. But if you think that you are blunder proof, just give it a second thought!
- Remember you will have to avoid committing silly mistakes and to identify what blunders you have made, you have to analyze and try not committing those mistakes again. We have negative marking scheme, so you need to be very cautious while selecting the answers.
- For every right answer it is 3 marks and for every wrong answer, one mark would be reduced. Formula-based questions are easier to solve and try attempting those questions first during the exam. The answers from formula-based questions are of utmost accuracy.
- If you fine with the formulae, it is going to save your time in increasing your attempts in the quantitative section.
Now religiously following the aforesaid strategies of toppers to crack CAT 2018 will definitely let you score in CAT 2018 exam remarkably.