SNAP 2018 – SNAP, a national level entrance test that abbreviates for Symbiosis National Aptitude Test conducted every year for the candidates willing to seek admission in Symbiosis University or its associated institutions across the country for postgraduate management programs. The entrance test of SNAP is conducted by the administrating body i.e. Symbiosis International University (SIU). Candidates after clearing the entrance examination of SNAP that will be conducted on 16th December 2018 can take admission for the 2019 session. Moreover, it is mandatory for the candidates to check the eligibility criteria first and then proceed for doing the registration that has been started from 28th August 2018 followed by filling the application form in order to appear in the SNAP 2018 exam. In case any candidate fills their form without fulfilling the eligibility criteria, it can result in the rejection of the form by the examination conducting authority i.e. SIU. Now, the aspiring candidates to fetch the significant details must check all the information provided below in this article.
SNAP 2018: Important Dates to Remember
The important dates for SNAP 2018 have been released by the administration body on its official website. Therefore, all the aspiring candidates need to get updated with dates of each imminent event in order to go for the particular event on a priority to avoid last minute rush. Thence, let’s have a look at the following table to have detailed info about SNAP important dates 2018:
|Events of SNAP 2018||Date|
|Online Registration date||28th August 2018|
|last date for the Submission of Application Form||26th November 2018|
|Admit Card Available date||1st December 2018|
|Examination Date||16th December 2018|
|Result Declaration date||2nd week of January 2019|
SNAP 2018 Application Form
Read to below points to get familiar with the process of filling SNAP Application Form 2018
- The complete registration process will be done online only.
- The online application forms of SNAP 2018 has been made available from 28th August 2018.
- SNAP Registration 2018 window will be open till 26th November 2018.
- Only use a recent photograph to upload on the application form.
- Both the fee payment modes will be effective: online & offline.
SNAP 2018 registration start Apply Now
SNAP 2018 Registration Fee
- The registration fee for SNAP 2018 will be paid both through online as well as offline mode at the time of registration.
- Billdesk Gateway, Axis Bank Gateway, Indian Bank Gateway & Demand Draft, etc. will also be made available for online payment.
- The registration fee for SNAP 2018 will be Rs. 1750/- for all the candidates.
- Demand Draft issued in favor of “Symbiosis Test Secretariat” payable at Pune will be acceptable.
The candidates, who are willing to make the payment of fee through DD, will have to send DD along with the required documents at the address as mentioned below:
Symbiosis Test Secretariat
Symbiosis International University
Gram: Lavale, Tal: Mulshi, Dist.: Pune-412115
- Nationality: Apart from Indian citizen, Person of Indian Origin (PIO), Overseas Citizen of India (OCI), Non-Resident Indian (NRI) and Foreign National (FN) are also eligible to apply for SNAP 2018.
- Qualification: Candidate must have qualified graduation degree (with minimum 50% marks for general and 45% for SC/ST candidates) from a recognized educational institution.
- Foreign Qualification: Candidates, who have completed their graduation from a place out of India, will have to get the equivalent certificate from the AIU (Association of Indian Universities).
- Age- There is no age bar for the candidates to apply for SNAP 2018.
- Mode of Exam: The exam will be conducted through online mode.
- Time Duration: Candidates will have to finish the paper in 2 hours (120 Minutes).
- Type of Questions: MCQs (Multiple Choice Questions) with 4 options to choose the right answer. Moreover, 20 Non-MCQ questions are introduced this year as special questions.
- Marking Scheme: Each right answer will obtain one mark (for normal questions) whereas, in case of special questions, each correct answer, candidates will acquire 2 marks.
- Negative Marking: 0.25 marks will be deducted for each wrong answer (for normal questions). On the other hand, in case of special question, 0.50 marks will be deducted for each incorrect answer.
|Section||Normal Question||Special Questions||Total No. of Questions||Total Marks|
|General English: Reading Comprehension, Verbal Reasoning, Verbal Ability||30||5||35||40|
|Analytical and Logical Reasoning||30||5||35||40|
|Quantitative, Data Interpretation and Data Sufficiency||30||5||35||40|
SNAP 2018 Syllabus
The SNAP Syllabus 2018 will be vast and comprises of Data Interpretation & Data Sufficiency, Analytical and Logical Reasoning, General English and Quantitative, General Awareness. Kindly read further to get information about detailed syllabus:
Finance, Sports, Automobiles, Entertainment, Major corporate events, Social issues, Science, World Records, Famous award and prizes, Geography, International organizations, Books and authors, Business, Current Affairs, Politics, History, Punch line of companies, Top officials of big companies, etc.
Analytical & Logical Reasoning:
Statements and assumptions, Bar Graphs, Visual reasoning, Coding and decoding, Probably false, definitely true, Graphs representing Area, Syllogisms, Matrix arrangements, Functions, Family tree – Symbol Based problems, definitely false kind of statement, Sequencing, Puzzles, , identifying relationship among group of people, Identifying next number in series, Data Interpretation based on text, graphs and tables. Graphs can be Column graphs, Line charts, Venn diagram, Linear arrangements, Pie Chart, etc. Critical reasoning, Assertion and reasons, Assumption-Premise-Conclusion, Identifying valid inferences, Identifying Strong arguments and Weak arguments, Cause and Effect, Identifying Probably true, Statements and conclusions, etc.
Geometric mean, Set Theory, Simple Interest & Compound Interest, Work and time, Harmonic mean, Venn Diagram, , Allegation & Mixtures, Mode, Median, Clocks, Probability, Installment Payments, Work, Pipes and Cisterns, Vectors, Binomial Expansion, Permutations & Combinations, Work and time, Co-ordinate geometry, Trigonometry, Time-Speed-Distance, Calendar, Logarithm, Geometry, Percentages, , Arithmetic mean, In-equations Quadratic and linear equations Algebra, Ratios and Proportion, Partnership, Averages, HCF & LCM, Number system Geometric Progression, Arithmetic progression, Number Base System, Mensuration, BODMAS, Maxima & Minima Progression, Profit & Loss, Surds & Indices, Complex numbers, etc.
Jumbled paragraphs (6 sentences with first and last fixed), Sentence completion, Foreign language words used in English, Syllogisms, Sentence correction, Sentence Correction, Verbal Reasoning, Comprehension of passage (Poems can also come), Odd one out, Analogies, Antonyms, Contextual usage, Fill In the Blanks, Jumbled paragraphs with four or five sentences, One word substitution, Idioms, Different usage of same word, etc.
SNAP 2018: Preparation Tips
- First of all, get ample and exact information about SNAP syllabus 2018.
- Explore the internet and book markets to find the most authentic study material and score with flying colors in SNAP Exam 2018.
- Previous years’ question papers are the treasure of information. Just go for them.
- Never start a fresh topic when the exam is approaching.
- Don’t be stressful and always adopt healthy habits.
SNAP Admit Card 2018
- SNAP 2018 Admit Card will be available to download on the official website.
- The admit cards will be issued from 1st December 2018.
- All candidates need to carry admit card along with a valid photo ID proof at the test center to get an entry in the examination hall.
- Please make sure that your recent color photograph is pasted on the admit card at the right place; without a photograph, it will not be valid.
- Keep your admit card safely until the admission process gets over.
SNAP Exam 2018 will be conducted online only. No answer key will be published for the same by the official authority. However, the renowned MBA coaching institutions release their exclusive answer keys. The aspirants can find the right answers to all the SNAP paper questions in such answer keys. Answer key will be helpful in getting the fair idea of marks.
SNAP 2018 Result
- The SNAP Result 2018 will be announced in the last week of January 2019
- Like every year, the results will be declared on the official website.
- Along with SNAP Score, candidates will have to perform nicely in other rounds as well, such as Group Discussion, Writing Ability Test (WAT), Personal Interaction, etc.
Take a look at below table to get an idea about the SNAP merit list:
|SNAP score out of 180 marks scaled down to 50 marks
|Group Exercise (GE)
|Personal Interaction (PI)
|Writing Ability Test (WAT)
SNAP 2018 Cutoff
Cut-off, as you all know, is referred to as the minimum marks scored by a candidate to crack an entrance exam. The merit list is prepared taking reference from the cut-off. The factors that will decide the SNAP cut-off for 2018 will be SNAP score, GE, PI, and WAT. The official website of SNAP 2018 will exhibit the category-wise cut off for merit list for the candidates to move ahead for selection procedure round.
SNAP 2018 Admission
- SNAP Admission Procedure 2018 will start once the result will be declared and the cutoff is released.
- The SNAP Score Card 2018 will be followed by further rounds- GE, PI, and WAT.
- Admission will be confirmed on the basis of the performance of the candidates in SNAP Exam 2018 and further rounds collectively.
- Candidates’ rank, availability of the seats in colleges, etc. will be the most determining factors for the process of SNAP Seat Allotment 2018.
FAQs about SNAP 2018
Q.1– Can NRIs apply for SNAP 2018?
Ans- Yes, NRIs are allowed to sit in this exam.
Q.2– Can I correct the mistakes after final submission of the form?
Ans- Yes, after submission of your application you will receive SNAP ID & Password using which you can amend your application form later.
Q.3– Will I be allowed to keep calculator to solve mathematical section in the paper?
Ans- No, the use of a calculator is strictly banned.
Q.4 Is SNAP Score valid in other institutions?
Ans. No, it’s a university level exam and only Symbiosis University validates the same.
Feel free to resolve all your SNAP 2018 related queries by posting the same in the comment box below. Our experts will get in touch with you in no time.