SNAP 2018 Reservation Policy – Candidates willing to take up SNAP 2018, must know about the reservation policy and the eligibility criteria to fill the application form and to get admission into SNAP’s participating institute. According to UGC regulations, the institutes must follow the rule and keep seats reserved for the candidates belonging to SC, ST, and Differently Abled Categories. Apart from these, seats are reserved for Kashmiri migrants. All the colleges associated to SIU follow the SNAP 2018 reservation policy accept SIMS (Symbiosis Institute of Management Studies) which has its own reservation policy. The candidates must keep in mind the reservation policy while applying and must submit the valid documents. SNAP 2018 is a nationwide entrance exam conducted by SIU every year.
The examination conducting authority i.e. Symbiosis International University (SIU) has divided the reservation policy into two different parts. To know in details, candidates must go through the below-given pointers:
- Within Sanctioned Limit:
- Seats reserved for SC categories – 15%
- Seats reserved for ST categories-7.5%
- Those who are Differently Abled (DA) – 3% reserved seats
- Some seats are also reserved for children/wards of Defence Personnel
2. Over and Above Intake
- Under this reservation policy, 2% seats are reserved for Kashmiri Pandits
- For Foreign National candidates, 15% seats are reserved
The eligibility criteria of SNAP are set by SIU and the applicant must check the criteria before filling the application form. The candidates apart from the SNAP eligibility criteria must meet the institution’s criteria which may not be similar to the common SNAP eligibility criteria. The common criteria – the candidate must possess a graduation degree with at least 50% of aggregate for general category and 45% for SC and ST from any recognized institution or university. If anyone has studied from a foreign university, then he/she must have the degree. In this article, candidates can fetch the complete information on SNAP 2018 Reservation Policy.
Complete information on SNAP 2018 Reservation Policy
The table given below will give you a fair idea on SNAP reservation policy. All SIU institutes accept the UGC reservation policy except SIMS. 15% of seats are reserved for the SC category. You need to submit the relevant documents and if you fail to provide the documents, you may be disqualified from the admission.
|Category||Within Sanctioned Intake||Over & Above Intake|
|Scheduled Tribe (ST)||7. 5%||–|
|Scheduled Caste (SC)||15%||–|
|Differently Abled (DA)||3%||–|
|International Candidates (IC)||–||15%|
|Kashmiri Migrants (KM)||–||2 seats per programme|
In case, if a candidate falls under more than one category, then they need to select any one category for example if they belong to SC category and is disabled they need to select either SC or Disabled category while filling the application form.
SNAP 2018 Reservation Policy for Differently Abled Category
As mentioned in the table given above, in SIU colleges has made provision of reserving 3% of seats Differently abled category. All disabled candidates are not eligible to apply only the given below types of candidates are applicable.
- Vision Impairment
- Locomotors Disabilities
- Hearing Impairment
- Mental Retardation
- Multiple Disabilities
The candidates need to submit the necessary documents to prove their disability and they need to take ‘Authentication Certificate’ from Symbiosis Centre of Health Care (SCHS), then only the admission will be confirmed.
Note: If any documents or information are found incorrect the authority has right to cancel the form of the candidates.
SNAP 2018 Reservation Policy for Symbiosis Institute of Management Studies (SIMS)
As mentioned above SIMS has its own policy which is as follows:
Seat reservation within the intake:
- Defense category – General – 80 % of seats are reserved for the Child/Ward of the defense personnel.
- Defense Category – Special – 10% seats are reserved for Child/Ward of Defense personnel killed or disabled with more than 50% disability in action, as per merit.
- Open Category – 10 % seats are reserved for the civilian candidates.
Defense personnel is those who are serving or are retired from Airforce, Army, Navy or ex-serviceman.
Seat reservation within over and above intake:
The defense personnel that is on study leave granted by their service headquarters will be granted admission on meeting the SNAP 2018 eligibility criteria which are mentioned below:
- Candidates belonging to the reserved category which are SC/ST/Differently Abled/ Kashmiri Migrants will have to submit the authentic certificate issued by competent officials.
- Also, the verification and authentication of the documents of such candidates will be checked at any level of the admission process.
- In case, a candidate belonging to the reserved category have the combination of two such as he/she has to select either of the two while filling the application form
- Further, the category which the candidates will fill during the registration process will be considered for the entire admission process and accordingly, the benefits will be given to them for taking admission into the participating institute of SNAP
- Those belonging to the general category or apart from the reserved category won’t be able to claim for any kind of benefits under any circumstances.
To solve your queries related to SNAP 2018 reservation policy, you can leave your comment in the below-given comment box.