SNAP 2018 FAQs-The exam overview can be seen by the FAQs on SNAP. These are made available by the examination bodies to describe the process of the admission to the candidates about all the aspects of the examination and other things which are related in a finer way. The SNAP 2018 FAQs will make the candidates understand all the details of the examination in a Q&A way. This way of understanding is suitable than the illustrative manner and is successful for the exam. The below is the section that will provide the candidate with all the details through the SNAP 2018 FAQs as deliver by the examination bodies.
SNAP 2018 (FAQs) consists of 3 sections for fuller acknowledgment of the applicants and the sections are:
First- General FAQs
Second- Frequently Asked Questions on SNAP enrollment
Third- FAQs on Registration for Institutes
SNAP 2018 FAQs – General Questions
This is the first section which comprises of many queries such as:
- Cities where the Exam Centers for SNAP 2018 will be formed
- Colleges and Courses for which SNAP 2018 is compulsory
- Colleges and Courses for which SNAP 2018 is NOT compulsory
- Examination Structure
- Admissions of global Scholars and Reservation Details
The examination design of SNAP 2018 FAQs is as follows:
|Exam section||Concept|| Questions
|Analytical & Logical Reasoning||Reasoning Questions||60|
|General Awareness||Current Affairs, General Knowledge and Business Scenario||40|
|General English||Reading Comprehension, Verbal Ability and Verbal Reasoning||40|
|Quantitative||Data Sufficiency and DI||40|
- The examination will be held on the 3rd week of December 2018.
- The applicants should carry their own stationeries.
- The question paper will be consisting of 180 questions and which are to be answered in 2 hours.
- The answers are to be marked with BLUE and BLACK pen only on an OMR sheet.
- The SNAP exam is Multiple Choice Questions based in which each question will contain 4 options and among all the four options, one option will be right which you are supposed to choose.
- The number of questions answered incorrectly will result in negative marking of ¼ marks.
- Read the questions twice to reduce the confusion.
- Manage your time according to the questions.
The courses and colleges for which SNAP 2018 FAQs is OBLIGATORY
|NAME OF THE COLLEGE||COURSES|
|Symbiosis Centre for Information Technology (SCIT)||MBA (Information Technology Business Management)|
|Symbiosis Centre for Management and Human Resources Development (SCMHRD)||MBAMBA (Infrastructure Management)|
|Symbiosis Institute of Business Management (SIBM – Pune)||MBAMBA ( Intrapreneurship and Innovation )|
|Symbiosis Institute of Business Management, Hyderabad (SIBM-Hyderabad)||MBA|
|Symbiosis Institute of Business Management, Bengaluru (SIBM – Bengaluru)||MBA|
|Symbiosis Institute of Computer Studies & Research (SICSR)||M.Sc (Computer Applications) MBA (Information Technology)|
|Symbiosis Institute of Health Sciences (SIHS)||MBA (Hospital & Healthcare Management)|
|Symbiosis Institute of International Business (SIIB)||MBA (Agri Business), MBA (International Business) MBA (Energy & Environment)|
|Symbiosis Institute of Management Studies (SIMS)||MBA|
|Symbiosis Institute of Media & Communication, Pune (SIMC- Pune)||MBA (Communication Management)|
|Symbiosis Institute of Telecom Management (SITM)||MBA (Telecom Management)|
|Symbiosis Institute of Operations Management (SIOM- Nashik)||MBA (Operations Management)|
|Symbiosis School of Banking and Finance (SSBF) (Formerly Symbiosis School of Banking Management)||MBA (Banking and Finance)|
|Symbiosis School of Media & Communication, Bengaluru (SSMC, Bengaluru)||MBA (Communication Management)|
The colleges and courses for which SNAP is not compulsory
|College Name||Course Name|
|Symbiosis College of Nursing (SCON)||M.Sc. (Nursing)|
|Symbiosis Institute of Geoinformatics (SIG)||M.Sc. (Geo-informatics)|
|Symbiosis Institute of Health Sciences (SIHS)||M.Sc. (Medical Technology)|
|Symbiosis Institute of Media & Communication-Pune (SIMC- Pune)||MA(MC)|
|Symbiosis Institute of Technology (SIT)||M.Tech. (CAD & CAM)M.Sc. (Physics) M.Tech. (Geoinformatics & Surveying) M.Tech. (E&TC)M.Tech. (Computer Science)|
|Symbiosis Law School (SLS-Pune)||LL.M.|
|Symbiosis School of Biomedical Sciences (SSBS)||M.Sc. (Nutrition & Dietetics)M.Sc. (Biomedical Sciences)M.Sc. (Biotechnology)|
|Symbiosis School of Economics (SSE)||M.Sc. (Economics)|
The reservation policies of SNAP 2018 FAQS are as follows:
The reservation policies for SIU will be different from other institutions. Other colleges reservation norms except SIU are as follows:
- Differently Abled*: 3%
- Scheduled Cast: 15%
- Scheduled Tribe: 7.5%
Over & Above:
- International applicants: 15%
- Kashmiri Migrants: 2 seats per programme
KINDLY NOTE: The ones who want to avail this reservation benefit needs to submit all the required documents at the time of admission.
Norms for reservation at SIMS are:
- General category: 80% seats for dependents such as Children or ward of Defence personnel.
- Open Category: 10% seats for civilian candidates recommended or sponsored by the organisation.
- Special category: 10% seats for dependents of Defence personnel killed in action
The reservation for SNAP can be done by the following steps:
The applicants can register online through the official webpage of SNAP 2018 exam.
- SNAP 2018 Online Registration process
- The link which is mentioned above will take the applicants to the official website. To begin the online registration the candidate needs to click on the link “Online registration”.
- The below-mentioned details need to be added to the online form:
- Academic Details
- Contact Details
- Email ID etc
- Graduation Details
- Postal Address
- School Education Details
- In the registration form, the applicants also need to upload the scanned copies of their signature and photos.
- Before the submission of the above information, the candidate first should verify the data to make sure that the form has been filled correctly
Next is the fees section in which the candidate is asked to pay the fees for the form. The form submission will be incomplete until the fee is not submitted.
The different modes of payments of fee submission for the exam:
The entrance examination fee is Rs.1500 which is mandatory and can be submitted through the following modes:
- Online payment:
Net Banking, Debit or Credit Card
- Payment in cash:
Candidates can submit the fee in any branch of Axis Bank or Indian Bank after downloading the Bank Challan from the official web page .
- Demand Draft
The candidates who are submitting the fee via Demand Draft must draw it the name of “Symbiosis Test Secretariat” which is payable at Pune. They are also required to attach the copy of the filled form along with the Demand Draft to the admission office before the last date of form submission. The candidates must store a photocopy of the drawn Demand draft for future usage.
The Address only for the mode of Demand Draft Payment
Symbiosis Test Secretariat
Symbiosis International University
Gram: Lavale, TAL: MULSHI, DIST.: PUNE – 412115
TELE FAX: 020-39116228, PHONE: 020-39116226/ 27
The calculation of the final merit list is done on the basis of:
|SNAP Score (out of 180 scaled to 50)||Personal Interaction (PI)||Group Exercise (GE)||Writing Ability Test (WAT)||Total|
SNAP 2018 FAQs – Register for the Institutions
After registering for the exam the candidates are also required to apply for the different colleges and courses. All the necessary details have been specified in the earlier part of the article for which the SNAP exam is mandatory. It is necessary for the applicant to specify the names of the courses and colleges in the application.
Details for fee submission:
- The applicants need to pay Rs 1000 for every course and college. Every organization sofficial webpage is to be visited individually for enrollment.
- Once the fee is submitted, it will not be refundable. The organizations will not entertain any requests further or discussions with respect to the same.