SNAP 2018 Exam Pattern – Candidates longing to appear in the entrance test of SNAP and to qualify it in a single attempt must go through the SNAP 2018 exam pattern in order to know the detail information about the whole pattern of SNAP test paper in order to know the mode in which SNAP test will be conducted, number of questions that will be asked in the examination, time duration allotted for the completion of exam, and most importantly the marking scheme. Apart from knowing the details of exam pattern, candidates must also check the syllabus to know the information about each section and also the topics covered under each section. However, post going through the SNAP 2018 exam pattern and syllabus must formulate the study chart and prepare accordingly for the preparation in a systematic way. Hence, candidates are recommended to read the article diligently and remain upgraded with all the information related to it for clearing the entrance test easily.
The exam pattern for SNAP 2018 has been changed by the examination conducting authority for the current year i.e. SNAP 2018 to be conducted on 16th December 2018. Now, as per the new exam pattern prescribed, besides the MCQs questions, 20 Non-MCQs are introduced. Therefore, the candidates should be aware of the changes that have been implemented to diverge the question into two section: normal questions and special questions.
The key components in SNAP 2018 exam pattern are mentioned below in the tabular form:
|Section||Normal Question||Special Questions||Total No. of Questions||Total Marks|
|General English: Reading Comprehension, Verbal Reasoning, Verbal Ability||30||5||35||40|
|Analytical and Logical Reasoning||30||5||35||40|
|Quantitative, Data Interpretation and Data Sufficiency||30||5||35||40|
Highlights of SNAP 2018 Exam Pattern
- Mode of Examination – The exam will be conducted via online mode.
- Duration – The time duration will be of 2 hours.
- Question type – Questions will be both MCQ as well as Non-MCQs
- Marking Schemes – Each correct answer will be given one mark (for normal questions) whereas, for special questions, +2 marks will be bestowed.
- Negative marking or wrong question – For each wrong answer 25% marks will be deducted (in case of the normal question). On the other hand, 50% marks will be deducted for writing an incorrect answer to the special questions.
SNAP 2018 Exam Pattern: Salient Features
- Online Computer Based Exam: SNAP 2018 exam pattern will be based on online mode.
- MCQs + Non- MCQs: the total number of 110 questions will be of MCQ type and rest of the 20 questions will be Non- MCQs.
- Questions: SNAP 2018 exam pattern consists of 130 questions divided into normal and special questions type and the time allocated to the candidates will be 120 minutes (2 hours)
- A choice to Attempt Any Question from Any Section: SNAP 2018 Test Taker can choose to attempt any question from any section within an overall time limit.
- Exam with Moderate Difficulty Questions: Barring a few questions, the majority of the questions in SNAP exam has moderate difficulty level as against IIMs-CAT and XLRI-XAT exams.
- Negative Marking: each wrong answer selected for the normal question, 25% i.e. 0.25 negative marking will be done. Additionally, for special questions, 0.50 marks will be deducted.
- Uniform Marking Scheme: Another important feature of the SNAP exam pattern is its uniform marking system. Each correct answer is awarded with one mark and zero marking for unattempted questions.
- SNAP Syllabus: As mentioned above, the SNAP 2018 syllabus is divided into four section that is Analytical and Logical Reasoning, General English: Reading Comprehension, Verbal Reasoning, Verbal Ability, General Awareness: General Knowledge, Current Affairs, Business Scenario, and Quantitative, Data Interpretation and Data Sufficiency.
For any queries related to SNAP 2018 exam pattern leave your comments in the comment box.