SET BBA 2019 – SET BBA or Symbiosis Entrance Test 2019 will be conducted by the Symbiosis International University. This exam is basically university level where the candidates try their luck and skills to get admitted in a wide range of Under Graduate courses and programmes. Symbiosis conducts this test once in every year. For BBA course, there are two institutes of Symbiosis that look after this programme and the candidates will be given admission thereafter selection. These are:
- SCMS or Symbiosis Centre for Management Studies, Pune – BBA
- SCMS or Symbiosis Centre for Management Studies-Noida – BBA
This article discusses SET BBA 2019 that includes the application form submission process, examination dates, pattern of the exam, eligibility criteria, syllabus, result declaration, admit card availability, tips for preparation, admission process etc. The candidates are advised to read the content below, gather important information and then apply for SET BBA 2019 exam.
Some facts about SET BBA 2019
- The expanded form of SET is Symbiosis Entrance Test.
- The apex body that is responsible to conduct this SET BBA exam is Symbiosis International University.
- The category of this examination is UG or Under Graduate.
- The courses that come under this examination are from the streams of design, law, engineering, and general.
- The mode of SET BBA 2019 registration will be online where the applicants need to fill the form which will be available on its official website.
- The mode of SET BBA exam will also be online which implies that the applicants will have to give computer-based test or CBT.
The schedule of the events like application form release date, last date for application submission, registration fee submission deadline, date of the exam, admit card availability date, result and counseling date etc should be known to all the candidates who are making up their minds to apply for SET BBA 2019. The related events and the tentative dates are mentioned below in tabular form:
|SET BBA Events 2019||Tentative Dates|
|Start date for online registration||Last week of December 2018|
|Last date for online application form submission||Second week of April 2019|
|Last date for submission of registration fee||Third week of April 2019|
|Availability of admit card online||Fourth week of April 2019|
|Date of examination||First week of May 2019|
|Declaration of result||Third week of May 2019|
The candidates are suggested to study the registration process and the instructions as prescribed by the authority before directly jumping into the online application form filling procedure. Keeping this in mind, there are certain guidelines in the below-mentioned points that the applicants should read before applying for SET BBA 2019 exam.
- The application form for SET BBA exam 2019 will be available online for the candidates. All they need to do is to visit the web portal and fill the application form online with correct details.
- It is mandatory for the applicants to fill the course of their choice and also the institute before submitting the form. The fee amount should also be deposited after form filling and that should be completed before the deadline time.
- The candidates will have to verify every detail before submitting the application form as there won’t be any provision of modifying the details once the registration is completed.
- The candidates will have to upload their latest colored photograph and signature online in the specified size and format during the process of registration. After doing this, they can click on the submit button.
- SET BBA registration process will be commenced from the last week of December 2018.
- Before the second week of April 2019, the candidates should be done with the process of registration and form filling else they won’t be able to appear in the exam.
- The application fee of SET BBA 2019 is Rs 1750/-. The candidates need to make the payment at the time of registration.
- The candidates can make the payment of the application fee through cash, DD, debit card, credit card and internet banking. The online payment gateway is secured and hence the applicants can fearlessly pay the fee online.
- For DD payment, the candidates should make the DD from Nationalized Bank which should be payable at Pune and needs to be in favor of ‘Symbiosis Test Secretariat’.
- If the candidates make the payment through cash, they will have to put the signature on the payment slip copy of the form that should be stamped by the banks like Indian Bank or Axis bank and post the same to this address:
Symbiosis Test Secretariat
Symbiosis International University
Gram: Lavale, Tal: Mulshi, Dist: Pune-412115
If the candidates straightforward jump into the process of registration without reading the mandatory eligibility requirements, they will have to face the consequences at any point in time. Below are the eligibility criteria for SET BBA 2019:
- The candidates should have passed the examination for class 12th or some other equivalent course from a reputed board.
- The candidates who are in general category should have at least 50% marks and those who fall under SC and ST category will be given relaxation of 5% and they need to have 45% marks.
The candidates should be aware of the exam pattern of SET BBA in order to strive hard for the preparations. Without knowing about the topics and the sample papers of previous years, the applicants will get confused about the type of questions that will be asked and the time duration of the paper. Also, the marking scheme should be known to the students so that they could be able to realize the weightage of every question and solve the same accordingly.
- Mode of exam: The mode of the exam will be online which is also called CBT or computer-based test. In this, the candidates will be given the system and the questions will be displayed on the screen. They will have to click on one answer.
- Time Duration of the test: The duration of SET BBA will be total 150 minutes and all the applicants will have to finish the test within this time limit only. There won’t be any relaxation for reserved category candidates.
- Type of Questions: The questions that will be in the exam paper are multiple choice or objective type only where four options are given and the applicants will have to select one answer.
- Negative Making: Do not get frightened with negative marking as in this examination, it won’t be applicable. The candidates should not leave any question blank even if they do not know the answer perfectly, rather tick mark all the answers as the negative marking scheme is not there.
|Section names||Number of Questions||Total Marks|
|Analytical and Logical Reasoning||30||30|
SET BBA 2019 Preparation Tips
The candidates are suggested to follow certain tips at the time of examination and these instructions are related to their preparations for SET BBA 2019. Let’s have a look:
- Before straining your brain for exam preparations, firstly go through the topics in the syllabus and the pattern of the exam through the sample papers and previous year exams. Once you are familiar with both the pattern and the syllabus of the exam, you could be able to study in an organized manner.
- Creating timetable or a routine schedule for studies is also recommended as every successful aspirant come out with the same mantra. They set the time for every subject and topic and then prepare for the exam.
- Refer the books of some good authors after analyzing the same on the internet.
- The internet is also the leading and authentic source of accurate study material provided you research it well.
- No need to trouble your health with sleepless nights as the adequate sleep is also required at the time of examination.
- Take good care of your mind and body and for this, you may opt for yoga and exercises. They will explicitly calm your mind and release the stress.
- Revision of the topics cannot be ignored else you won’t be able to remember the points at the time of the exam.
The web portal of Symbiosis has the details of the syllabus. The candidates can anytime visit the website and know about the topics that will be covered in the exam. The syllabus of SET BBA exam 2019 includes the subjects like logical reasoning, general knowledge, reading comprehension and analytical reasoning. First read the topics in the syllabus, after that collect the study material from some known source and then prepare for the paper to the best of your potential.
The authority will upload the admit card for SET BB 2019 on its official website in the fourth week of April 2019. The candidates will get the access of the same from that week till the date of examination. They can download it anytime within the given time range. As the mode of the availability of admit card is online, the applicants will be able to receive the same on its website and then they can take the print out of the same.
Once the hard copy is obtained, the applicants need to put their latest colored photograph on the given space and then bring the admit card to the examination hall along with the Id proof.
The candidates can see the result online by going to the web portal of Symbiosis and clicking on the given link. They need to login with their username and password and then they can access the scorecard online. The authority will publish the result in the third week of May 2019. Once the result in uploaded on the website, the candidates will be able to see the same for the time duration of one month.
Symbiosis will also publish the answer key for SET BBA 2019 exam online after the written entrance test will be over. The cut off marks will also be given by the university and the candidates who will be selected as per the cut off percentage will be called for the counseling.
All the Symbiosis institutes have their own process of selection and admission for the selected candidates as there is not any centralized process of counseling by the authority.
On the basis of the cut off marks published by the Institute for BBA course, the candidates will be called for the rounds of GD, PI, and WAT. The date and timing of counseling will be given by the university on its website and the applicants need to be there at the given time and date with the required documents.
Frequently Asked Questions or FAQ’s
Question: Is the candidate eligible to appear in two papers?
Answer: Yes, if you wish to apply for two papers then you can appear for one in the morning session and for other in the evening session.
Question: I have submitted the fee at the time of registration but as per the eligibility criteria, I am not meeting one of the conditions as prescribed by the university. Can I get my amount back?
Answer: No, there is not any provision of giving back the fee amount as it is non-refundable.
Question: How much percent of seats are there under reservation for Kashmiri Migrants?
Answer: For Kashmiri Migrants, the authority reserves 2% seats.
Question: Is there any option for online payment of application fee to the university?
Answer: Yes. The candidates have the option of net banking through which they can directly transfer the fee amount to Symbiosis account.
Question: What are the documents that I need to carry on the day of the exam?
Answer: You will have to carry the admit card along with any of these original identity proof – PAN card, Aadhar card, voter Id, passport and Driving License.
Question: How many times SET BBA exam will be organized by the conducting body?
Answer: SET BBA will be organized by Symbiosis University every year.
Question: Do I need to report to the institute personally at the time of counseling?
Answer: Yes. Once the result of SET BBA exam will be announced, the candidates will have to carry some required documents with them and report to the institute for the process of counseling.