PU MET 2019 – Punjab University Management Entrance Test or PU MET is organized by Punjab University. This exam is the entry gate for the candidates to get admission in MBA Programs at UIAMS or University Institute of Applied Management Sciences. The following management courses are provided at UIAMS:
- MBA in Retail Management
- MBA in Banking and Insurance Management.
- MBA in IT & Telecommunications Management.
- MBA in Pharmaceutical Management
PU MET 2019 will take place in the third week of March 2019. The test-takers will get the access to download their admit cards from the official website before one week of the examination date.
The candidates who attain a valid score in PU MET 2019 will be called further for the process of GD or Group Discussion and PI or Personal Interview. Following is the details of the marks allotted for each section:
- For Written Test, the marks are 85%
- For Group Discussion, it is 7.5%
- For Personal Interview, it is 7.5%
Note that the admission for Infrastructural Management MBA will be given only on the grounds of Group Discussion and Personal Interview. There won’t be any provision of conducting the entrance test in this case.
PU MET 2019 Exam Dates
See the elaborative information about the important dates of PU MET 2019 like date of examination, date of registration, application form filling date, result announcement and much more. We make every effort for the candidates to get updated with all the related and never skip a single date of examination which may lead to chaos.
|PU Met Events 2019||Dates (tentative)|
|Official Notification and Online Application Form rolls-out for PU MET||Fourth week of Jan 2019|
|Final Day to submit information online and Generation of Bank Challan for PU MET||First week of Mar 2019|
|Closing Date to submit the Application Fee using Bank Challan for PU MET||Second week of Mar 2019|
|Deadline to upload the photograph, signature after successful submission of fee for PU MET exam||Second week of Mar 2019|
|Last day to correct the details in the Application Form of PU MET||Third week of Mar 2019|
|Last Date for submission of printed copy of the filled Application Form to Assistant Registrar, UIAMS, P.U. South Campus, Chandigarh||Third week of Mar 2019|
PU MET 2019 Exam Procedure
Step 1: Filling up of the Application form
The candidates who are aspiring to appear in this exam will have to register themselves for the same. Those who belong to General category will have to make the payment of Rs 2100 and applicants who belong to the category of SC or ST or PWD (Persons with Disability) need to pay the fee amount of Rs 1050.
The candidates need to submit the fee in the SBI Bank with the help of the challan that they can generate from the official website.
Step 2: Downloading the admit Card from website
The applicants who fill the application form correctly and register successfully for the exam will get their Roll number slip ten days before the exam. This slip will be given online and candidates can anytime visit the official website and download the same. In order to get the admit card, the applicants will have to use their credentials and enter login id and password to access the link for admit card.
Step 3: Appearing in the examination hall
The candidates, who have successfully registered for the exam and have got their admit cards, are eligible to apply for Punjab MET 2019. The exam will be held for the time duration of 2 hours and the candidates will have to answer the questions from the topics like General Knowledge, English Comprehension, Economics and Business Environment Awareness, Verbal Ability/ Reasoning, Numerical Ability and Data Interpretation and problem solving.
Step 4: See the result of the exam on the given date
The applicants can get the result of the examination to be announced within the time of one and a half month from the date of examination. The candidates should not expect the result of the Entrance exam to be sent to them individually on email address. They are free to see their scorecard on the official website by mentioning their application number and password.
Step 5: Group Discussion and Personal Interview for selected candidates
The candidates who have passed the exam of PU MET 2019 will be called by the authority for GD or Group Discussion and PI or Personal Interview. The applicants should be aware of the fact that the total number of candidates that will be selected for the GD and PI rounds will actually be eight times the total number of seats of all the above-mentioned courses in every category.
The application form for PU MET 2019 will be available online on the website of PU MET. The amount of application fee for this exam is Rs 2100 and this is for the candidates who come under General category and for those who belong to Sc and ST will have to pay the fee of Rs 1050. The candidates will have to submit the fee through challan which they can generate online from the SBI website.
The process for this entrance test will be started in the month of January 2019. The candidates need to know everything about the eligibility before applying for this exam. For registration in this entrance test, the aspirants will have to follow certain instructions; else they will land up on the cancellation of their application forms. Below mentioned steps need to be remembered by the candidates at the time of registration:
- Go to the official website of PU MET.
- Mention the personal details like name of the candidate, father’s name, mother’s name, email id, mobile number and date of birth.
- After this, the system will generate the application number that you need to enter for login id and password.
- The candidates need to download and take the hard copy of the SBI deposit slip
- Once the bank slip is printed, the candidates need to submit the exam fee at any SBI branch.
- Once the fee submission has been completed, the candidate will have to wait for 24 hours and then visit the website again to enter the login credentials. After being directed to the link online, the applicant will have to upload the latest scanned photograph and signature and also need to fill other information such as categories, profile and academic qualification sincerely. Also note that once the details have been updated in the form and it gets submitted, the candidates won’t be able to modify the same.
- Then the candidate will have to take the hard copy of the application form and send the same with the all necessary documents to the address given below-
University Institute of Applied Management Sciences,
South Campus, Sector-25 (Behind Alumni House),
Punjab University, Chandigarh-160014
The candidates should make a note of the fact that if the Application Form is not filled and registered within the given date, it shall be rejected by the authority and the applicants will not be permitted to appear in the exam at any cost.
PU MET Eligibility Criteria 2019
The eligibility criteria for PU MET 2019 are mentioned below. The candidates are advised to read the same attentively before filling the form else they will have to suffer at the time of registration.
For MBA in Retail Management and MBA in Banking and Insurance Management
- The candidates need to have the degree of Bachelor or Master in any stream from Punjab University or of any other reputed college or university which has been recognized by the syndicate as equivalent thereto and the marks should be atleast 50% in the aggregate.
- The candidates need to score well in the final examination organized by the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India or England, or the Institute of Company Secretaries of India or the Institute of Cost and Works Accountants of India or England.
- The candidate need to qualify AMIE examination with 50% marks or more after having passed the diploma examination with 60% marks or above and should be having at least 5 years research/teaching or professional experience
For MBA in Information Technology and Telecommunications Management
- The candidate need to carry the Bachelor’s degree in the field of Engineering and Technology that is B.E. or B. Tech. in any stream of Punjab University or of any other University acclaimed by Punjab University as equivalent there to with minimum aggregate marks of 50% marks.
- The applicants should carry the Bachelor’s degree in any subject of science like Physics or Mathematics or both from Punjab University or of any other institute recognized by Punjab University as equivalent there to with the minimum scored marks of 50% in the aggregate.
- The candidates must possess the Bachelor’s degree in the field of Computer Applications or BCA of Punjab University or any of the other institute or college acclaimed by the Punjab University as equivalent thereto with minimum marks of 50% marks in the aggregate.
- The candidates should have passed AMIE examination with at least 50% or more marks in aggregate. Also, they need to pass the diploma examination with minimum 60% of marks or more and will possess the professional experience of minimum 5 years in research and teaching.
For MBA in Pharmaceutical Management
- The candidates need to carry the Bachelor’s degree in the stream of Pharmacy from Punjab University or of any other college or university that is recognized by Punjab University as equivalent there to with the minimum score of 50% in aggregate.
- The candidates need to have the degree of M.B.B.S from Punjab University or any other institute acclaimed by Punjab University as equivalent there to with the minimum score of 50% marks in aggregate.
- The candidate must possess the Bachelor’s Degree in any of the Science subjects from Punjab University or any other institute or college or University that holds the recognition from Punjab University as equivalent there to with minimum marks of 50% in aggregate and the Diploma in Pharmacy from Punjab University or any other college or university that is being acclaimed by Punjab University as equivalent there to with minimum 50% marks in aggregate.
PU MET Exam Centers 2019
The candidates need to be aware of the point that the examination of PU MET 2019 will be held at Chandigarh centre only. They need to ensure that the date and time will have to be noted and should be present there at least one hour in advance. The applicants who will visit Chandigarh for the first time should verify and cross check the examination date and the centre two three times and ensure that they reach the examination center one hour before the timing.
The applicants are advised to keep all the required documents with them before leaving for the exam. Also it should be ensured that they would not visit the exam place without carrying the admit card. Those who are not possessing the admit cards on the day of examination will not be permitted to sit in the examination hall.
PU MET Exam Pattern 2019
The examination pattern for PU MET 2019 should be known to all the aspirants who are planning or have already applied for this test. The details for the same are given below:
- The total marks of the written entrance test will be 85%. On the other hand, the marks allotted for GD or Group Discussion and PI or Personal Interview will be 7.5% for each.
- The total time duration of the exam will be 2 hours. The applicants will have to submit the paper within this specified time only.
- PU MET examination 2019 will include multiple- choice questions where the candidates will be given the options to choose from.
- Each question in the paper will carry four alternatives and the applicants need to pick the right one.
- The questions in the exam paper will carry total six numbers of sections that include General Knowledge, English Comprehension, Economics and Business Environment Awareness, Data interpretation and problem solving, Verbal Ability or Reasoning and Numerical Ability.
PU MET Syllabus 2019
The applicants will have to answer the multiple choice questions as all the sections contain the same type. Below mentioned are the section wise details of the syllabus of the entrance examination:
Data interpretation and problem solving
- Line graphs etc.
- Percentages and its applications
- Ratio and its applications
- Numbers and its applications
- Geometry and its applications
Verbal Ability/ Reasoning
- Blood Relations
- Direction Sense
- Data Structures
- Clocks and Calenders
- Critical Reasoning (and its numerous applications)
- Reading Comprehension
- Awards and winners
- Government and Politics
- Famous Personalities
- Current affairs
- Important happenings around the World
- Static GK
- Economics and Business Environment Awareness
The admit card for PU MET 2019 will be available on its website for the candidates to download from second week of March 2019. The admit card will be provided by the authority online and the applicants need to visit the official website to get the same. The admit card can be taken by the candidates from the website by simply entering the login ID and password. The applicants should ensure that the login credentials are same as they have mentioned at the time of bank challan generation.
The admit card is an important document that needs to be carried to the exam centre. The same will be provided only to those candidates who register successfully for the exam. Candidates must note that there will be no physical communication for this purpose, and hardcopy of the admit card will not be sent to any candidate.
The following are the steps that need to be taken by the candidates if they want to download the admit card from the website:
- The applicants should go to the official website of PU MET
- They need to click on the link which is named as PU MET Admit Card.
- Once the link is being clicked, the applicants will be redirected to the page where they will have to enter their login Id and password.
- After entering the Login ID and Password which would be the same as entered at the time of generating Bank Challan, the admit card will be displayed on the screen.
- The candidates will have to take the print out of the admit card and keep the same handy from the time of examination till the process of admission.
The candidates should have to ensure that all the information given on the admit card are right and there is no discrepancy in it. Following are the details that you should verify being the applicant of this written test:
- Name of the candidate
- Roll Number of the candidate
- Examination Centre
- Time of reporting
- The given instructions about the exam
In case you do not find the above mentioned details in your admit card correct, the issue should be instantly reported to the conducting authorities.
Not only this, the candidates need to ensure that they bring their respective admit cards to the examination hall. If they fail to carry the same, they will not be allowed to appear in the examination hall.
The declaration of the result will be made online and the applicants will have to visit the official website of PU MET. Note that the hard copy of the result will not be given to the candidates personally to their addresses; hence they should not expect for the same and access the scorecards from the official website of PU MET only. This written examination carries the overall weightage of 85% and this is well considered at the time of merit list preparation.
In order to see the scorecard online, the candidates should follow the below mentioned instructions:
- They should go to the official website of PU MET.
- There will be the tab in the name of PU MET 2019 Result that the candidates will have to click.
- Once they do that, they will be taken to a page where they need to enter their login credentials.
- After entering the Login ID and password, the candidates will have to click the submit button.
- Once the login details are submitted, the scorecard of the candidate will come on the screen page.
- The candidates are recommended to take the hard copy from the website as this will be needed anytime till the time of admission and counseling.
The candidates will get admission on the grounds of the below mentioned weightage:
|PU MET exam||85%|
The candidates who have passed the PU MET written exam will be called for the process of GD or Group Discussion and PI or Personal Interview rounds. They are suggested to keep the hard copy of the scorecard with them till the whole process of admission is completed as this can be required anytime during the selection procedure.