PU MET 2019 Syllabus – The candidates willing to appear for the PU MET exam this year must start their preparation without wasting their time but before that the candidates must know the PU MET syllabus thoroughly. Once you are through with the syllabus you can plan your study accordingly and follow it. The candidates must note that there is no confirmed syllabus for PU MET but the topics that are included are based on the analysis of the previous year exam paper. In this articles, we are going to discuss in details about the syllabus. The test paper is divided into six sections such as Numerical Ability, Verbal Ability & Logical Reasoning, General Knowledge, English Comprehension and Economics and Business Environment Awareness. Therefore, the candidates must strategize their study plan on a monthly, daily, or weekly basis according to your convenience and allow the time to complete each section. Moreover, the candidates must have the knowledge of exam pattern so that preparation will become easier. PU MET exam is conducted by Punjab University every year for the candidates willing to pursue management program at UIAMS. The candidates must read this article to fetch the authentic information on PU MET 2019 Syllabus.
PU MET 2019 Syllabus – Section wise
For the ease of the candidates, the detailed syllabus section wise is mentioned below. The candidates who have made their mind to qualify the exam must cover each topic while preparing, in case, if you miss out on any of the topics from any of the section will lead to scoreless. Let’s see the syllabus and preparation tips section wise which is given below.
PU MET 2019 Numerical Ability Syllabus
In this section, the candidate’s mathematical skills are checked and the topics are based on mathematical aptitude. The candidates need to focus on the basic concept and regular practice is required to crack this section. Also, this section is considered to be the toughest is the combination of quantitative ability and data interpretation. The major topics which cover in this section are given below.
- Work and Wages
- Time and Work
- Time and Distance
- Square Roots
- Simple and Compound Interest
- Ratio and Proportion
- Races and Games
- Profit and Loss
- Pipes and Cistern
- Number System
- Mixture and Alligation
- C.F and L.C.M
- Fractions and Decimals
- Cube Roots
- Clock and Calendars
- Chain Rule
- Boats and Streams
- Areas and Volume
Preparation Tips on Numerical Ability
- To solve the tricky problems you must practice more and more formulas and be clear with the basic concepts.
- Develop shortcut tricks to solve the twisted questions.
- Learn tables up to 35 thoroughly.
- Similarly, learn squares up to 50 and cubes up to 20.
- Do revision frequently and mark the question in which you face problem and later solve them with new tricks.
- Above all, refer best books such as
- Fast track objective Arithmetic by Arihant publications
- Quantitative Aptitude by R.S. Aggarwal
- Mathematics Class 11th and 12th by R.D. Sharma
PU MET 2019 Verbal Ability and Logical Reasoning Syllabus
The candidates reading ability and decision-making ability is checked. This section is the combination of verbal ability and reasoning and the areas related are English Grammar and vocabulary whereas reasoning includes analytical and logical questions.
- Symbols and notations
- Syllogisms and analogies
- Statement Assumptions, Arguments and conclusion
- Problems based on visual ability and Symmetry
- Odd one out
- Linear and circular Arrangement
- Distance and direction
- Data sufficiency
- Data interpretation
- Complex arrangement
- Complete the series
- Coding and decoding
- Blood relationship
- Alphabet test
- Synonyms and Antonyms
- Sentence reconstruction, improvement, completion, formation
- Sentence correction
- Paragraph formation and completion
- One word substitution
- Jumble sentences and paragraph
- Inappropriate usage of words
- Idioms and Phrases
- Fill in the blanks and cloze test
- Error correction
Preparation tips for Verbal Ability and Logical Reasoning Syllabus
- The candidates must start reading the newspaper, magazines, novels, and journals to increase your vocabulary.
- Also, watch news channels to be updated with the latest news happening around you.
- Solve previous year’s sample paper and question paper to strengthen the weakest portion.
- Take an online mock test to boost up your confidence level.
- Above all, refer best books for both the sections – for logical section refer the following books
Logical Reasoning by Arihant publication and
Non-Verbal Reasoning by R.S. Agarwal.
- For Verbal Ability section the books recommended are as
Word Power Made Easy by Norman Lewis
Objective General English by S. P Bakshi
Better English by Norman Lewis
PU MET 2019 General Knowledge Syllabus
The questions asked in this section are based on current happening mainly related to social, political, or any other issues. Thus, it is obligatory for the candidates to remain updated with whatever happening or takes place around us. Therefore, the candidates to acquire good marks in this section must begin reading newspapers, magazine, and blogs right now. The important topics to read are given below.
- World Organisation
- Trade – Export and Import
- Important event and their dates
- General Geography, History, Economics, Politics, computer science
- First largest, smallest thing or event
- Famous Personalities
- Famous dances, Tribes
- Famous Buildings and monuments
- Countries and their capital and currency
- Common stats like population etc of a country
- Book and Authors
- Animals and Plants
- Science and Technology
Preparation tips for General Knowledge
- Read newspaper such as “The Hindu”, “Times of India “, and “The Telegraph”, different magazines related to business even watch the news to be updated with latest happening around you.
- Make a note of important events, dates, names of a person etc and do revise it every ten days. This way you will be able to remember.
- Solve previous year question paper of various exams available online.
- Above all, refer the books to prepare for this section
General Knowledge by Arihant publications
The Mega Yearbook by Disha Experts
Objective General Knowledge by Lucent
Day to Day Economics by Satish Y. Deodhar
The candidates will have to wait for the actual date to be released by the exam conducting authority. Till then the candidates can fetch the information given below in order to start their preparation for the exam.
- Mode of Examination – The exam will be held offline that is pen and paper-based test.
- Duration of Test – The duration allotted to complete the exam is 120 minutes.
- Medium of Question Paper –The test paper will be available only in English language.
- Type of Questions – There are multiple choice questions with four options each.
- Numbers of Sections – There are total six sections in the paper.
- Marking Scheme – 1 mark for each correct answer and 0.25 marks will be deducted for each incorrect answer
- Number of Questions – The total number of questions in the exam is 120.
|Name of the Section||Total Number of Questions|
|Economics and Business Environment Awareness||20|
|Data interpretation and problem solving||20|
|Verbal Ability/ Reasoning||20|
Preparation tips According to PU MET 2019 Syllabus
The candidates willing to appear for PU MET exam must know the syllabus thoroughly to prepare well. For the ease of the candidate, methods and techniques are given below which a candidate must follow in order to crack the exam.
- First, go through the syllabus of PU MET thoroughly.
- Also, go through the exam pattern thoroughly to know the insight of the test paper.
- Accordingly, prepare the timetable and strategize your study plan.
- Take as many as mock test you can you know your level of preparation.
- Refer good books and study materials.
- Do revision regularly to cover the entire syllabus and do not start any new topic just before the exam.
- Develop strong and basic fundamental concepts
- Try to identify the weak areas and improve it.
- Lastly stay calm and focused.
The candidates can solve their queries related to PU MET 2019 Syllabus by leaving your comment in the below-given comment box.