OJEE MBA 2019 – OJEE or Odisha Joint Entrance Examination is basically the entrance examination that falls under state level. Candidates after appearing in the entrance test of OJEE MBA 2019 can get admission top B-school in the state of Odisha for the postgraduate management program. However, to appear in the exam, candidates have to register themselves in online mode which has been commenced from 30th January 2019 and the last date to register for the same is until 20th March 2019. Moreover, it is important for the candidates to check the eligibility criteria before filling up the application form and it should be noted by each candidate that only after the successful submission of the application form, candidates can issue the admit card from 20th April 2019 to appear in the exam which will be conducted on 12th May 2019. Lastly, the result will be declared in the month of June and the selected candidates will be able to participate in the counselling process for taking admission in top management college in the state of Odisha. Therefore, to fetch the detailed information, candidates must go through the article and stay tuned to our website for the latest updates.
OJEE MBA Exam Dates 2019
The updated dates and the events are mentioned below. The applicants should remember the same and prepare accordingly for OJEE MBA 2019:
|OJEE MBA 2019 Events||Dates (2019)|
|Starting date of application form||30th January 2019|
|Last date to submit application form||20th March 2019|
|Downloading of admit card||20th April 2019|
|Date of Examination||12th May 2019 (Sunday)|
|Announcement of result||First week of June|
|Counseling commencement||Third week of June|
OJEE MBA Registration process 2019
The candidates are allowed to access the process of registration of OJEE MBA 2019 by downloading the brochure of information from the official website of OJEE. In order to know the guidelines of filling the application form 2019, the candidates will have to go through the below-mentioned steps:
Step 1: Registration Process
- The candidates have to visit the online portal of OJEE to complete the process of registration.
- For completing the registration process, candidates have to provide their basic details such as name, date of birth, valid mobile number, email address etc.
- Post submitting these details, the login credentials will be generated and sent to the registered email address of the candidates
Step 2: Filling up of the Application Form
- Using the login credentials candidates can fill the application form for OJEE MBA 2019
- The application form will be uploaded on the website from the first week of February 2019. The candidates get the time to fill the application form till the last week of March 2019. After that, the registration will be closed.
- In the application form, the candidates will have to mention their personal details and academic details
Step 3: Uploading the Signature, Photograph, and Thumb Impression
- After filling up the required details, candidates have to upload their photograph, signature and left-hand thumb impression in the given format furnished in the tabular form:
5 KB – 50 KB
3.5cm X 1.5cm
5 KB – 99 KB
3.5cm X 4.5cm
5 KB – 50 KB
3.5cm X 1.5cm
Step 4: Payment of Application Fee
- The application fee of amount Rs. 1000 needs to be submitted by the applicant for form A, B, C, and D whereas for Form D, the application fee of amount 1500/- should be paid through online banking, debit card or credit card. The candidates can also deposit the fee amount through SBI challan.
- Note that the application fee will be non-refundable.
The eligibility criteria to apply in OJEE MBA 2019 are mentioned below. Note that eligibility is a very significant factor and it should be read before appearing in this entrance test. The candidates who are not eligible as per the prescribed norms by the authority cannot be able to appear in the exam at any cost.
Education Qualification – The candidates need to have qualified the graduation degree from any reputed university of Odisha or some other acclaimed University as defined by UGC/AICTE. The minimum duration of the course should be three years. Those who have attained the bachelor’s degree for four or five years from the stream of technology, engineering, pharmacy or architecture are also allowed to apply for this exam. As far as the criteria of minimum marks are concerned, the general candidates need to have 50% marks and the SC or ST candidates should possess 45% of marks in their graduation course.
Age Limit – The good news for all the OJEE aspirants are that there is no age limit or bar defined by the conducting authorities to get admission in Integrated MBA or other MBA programs.
Domicile – The candidate should carry the domicile of Odisha if they aspire to nurture their management career from Odisha University.
The OJEE exam pattern will be different for every course. But here we will discuss about the MBA program only. Find below the details of the exam pattern:
Mode of Exam
The exam will be conducted via offline mode where the pen and paper is used by the candidate to solve the examination. There is also the answer sheet that needs to be tick marked with correct answer.
Medium of paper
The examination paper will be in English language only.
The exam duration for OJEE MBA 2019 is 2 hours. The applicants will have to finish their paper in this time limit only.
Type of Questions
There will be objective type questions in the examination paper with four options. The candidates will have to pick the correct one.
Number of Questions
There are total 120 questions in the exam paper.
For every right answer, the candidate will be given 4 marks.
For every wrong answer, there is the provision of negative marking and one mark will be cut for the same.
The questions are distributed in the five sections as mentioned in the tabular form:
|Topic||Number of Questions|
|Computer and Basic Fundamentals||10|
Candidates for an ideal preparation need to practice accordingly after going through the sections from which the questions are and will be asked. Moreover, the topics which are covered under each section will also be known to the candidates post scrutinizing the info mentioned below:
- English – The questions asked in this section aim at checking the writing skills, word power, grammar etc. of the candidates. To know more details about it, candidates must go through the topics covered under this section:
- Error Correction
- Odd One Out
- Sentence Correction
- Sentence Rearrangement
- Fill in the Blanks
- Reading Comprehension
- General Awareness – This section aim at checking the awareness of the candidates to the latest happenings in the country and the world as well. Thus, to fetch detailed information, go through the following table:
- Current Affairs
- Books and Authors
- Advertising and Marketing
- Companies and their owner
- Banks/Major Business – Tag-line, Abbreviations, Logos, Advertisement
- Science and Research
- Business Brands and Media
- Indian Constitution
- Analytical Reasoning – This section comprises of the topics that check the mathematical skills of the candidates. Thus, to know the topics covered under the section of analytical reasoning, check the following info:
- Data Interpretation
- Profit and Loss
- Allegations and Mixtures
- Simple Interest
- Compound Interest
- Number System
- Permutation and Combination
- LCM & HCF
- Quadratic and Linear Equation
- Arrangement and Series
- Time and Distance
- Time and Work
- Computer and Basic Fundamentals – To check the knowledge of the candidates about computer basics, below-mentioned topics are covered. Thus, scrutinize the below-cited topics:
- Basic Economics Terms
- Input and Output Devices
- File Extension
Preparation Tips for OJEE MBA 2019
Below-mentioned are the pointers that give tips to the candidates for preparing thoroughly for the upcoming exam of OJEE MBA 2019. Thus, let’s go through the tips which are furnished below for the convenience of the candidates:
- Candidates must check out syllabus and topics covered under it thoroughly before preparation for OJEE MBA 2019
- Formulate the study chart on a daily, weekly or monthly basis for the thorough preparation
- Purchase the books which are recommended in this article for the preparation of each subject. Reading more than 1 book for a subject will help the candidate to learn different methods for solving tough questions
- Solve previous year’s question as well as sample papers to know the difficulty level of the exam, type of questions etc.
- Lastly, stay calm and confident during the exam
Books for the Preparation of OJEE MBA 2019 – Section-wise
- OJEE MBA 2019 Preparatory Books for English
- Better English – Norman Lewis
- Word Power Made Easy – Norman Lewis
- Objective General English – S.P Bakshi
- Proficiency in Reading Comprehension simplifying the “Passage” for you – Ajay Singh
- 30 Days to More Powerful Vocabulary – Norman Lewis
- Grammar Error Spot – A. Upadhyay
- OJEE MBA 2019 Preparatory Books for General Knowledge
- Objective General Knowledge – Lucent
- The Mega Year Book – Disha Experts
- General Knowledge – Arihant
- OJEE MBA 2019 Preparatory Books for Analytical Reasoning
- Vedic Mathematics – Dr. Aditi Singhal
- Non-Verbal Reasoning – R.S Agarwal
- A Complete Manual for the CAT – Arihant
- Logical Reasoning – Arihant
- Mathematics for MBA – R.S Agarwal
- How to Prepare for Logical Reasoning – Arun Sharma
OJEE MBA Admit Card 2019
The admit card for OJEE MBA 2019 will be released by the authority on its official website. The candidates will get the opportunity to access the admit card from the third week of April 2019. The candidates need to print and carry two copies of the admit card where one copy should be signed by the exam invigilator to get permitted inside the hall. As it is already given above that the candidates have to carry their admit card for appearing in the exam, so let’s go through the steps required for issuing the admit card in online mode:
Steps to download OJEE MBA 2019 Admit Card
- Visit the Official Website
- Click on the link “Download OJEE Admit Card”
- Now, a dialog box will appear wherein the candidates have to provide the login credentials such as application number and password
- Post submitting the login credentials, the admit card will appear on the screen
- Download the admit card and take the hard copy of it for the further usage
Details Mentioned on the OJEE MBA 2019 Admit Card
- Candidate’s Name
- Roll Number
- Examination Date and Time
- Name and Address of the Test Centre
Note*- Candidates post generating the admit card must check whether all the information mentioned on it are correct or not. In case of any discrepancy, get it resolved before the commencement of the exam. Apart from carrying the admit card, also hold any of the documents from passport, PAN Card, Driving License etc as an identity proof.
Result of OJEE MBA 2019 will be announced via online mode. It will be available in the first week of June 2019. In order to assign the ranks to the candidates, the authority releases rank card on the basis of score in the examination. The candidates if want can easily get that rank card by visiting the official web portal of OJEE. Thus, let’s go through the below-given steps:
Steps to download OJEE MBA 2019 Result
- Make a visit to the official website
- Click on the link “OJEE MBA 2019 Rank Card”
- A new tab will open wherein candidates have to provide the login credentials
- Enter the roll number, date of birth, pin number and click on ‘Submit’ button
- The rank card of the candidates will appear on the screen
- Download the rank card and keep it safe until the admission process
Details mentioned on OJEE MBA 2019 Result
- Candidate’s roll number
- Registration Number of the Candidates
- Category of the candidates
- Marks Obtained
- Rank of the Candidates
- Status of the result with the information telling whether the candidate has qualified the exam or not
Post declaration of the result, the examination conducting authorities prepares the merit list on the basis of marks acquired by the candidates, their previous academic record etc.
There is the process of centralized counseling that will be held for OJEE MBA 2019 on the basis of the merit list. The counseling of OJEE MBA 2019 will be started form the third week of June 2019. The conducting authority will publish the separate brochure of counseling brochure and this will happen before the starting of the process for admission. The candidates are suggested to read the instructions attentively and then go for counseling procedure else they will miss out certain important points.
Those candidates who will qualify the entrance test of OJEE MBA have to participate in the web-based counseling process which will be held for admission to various courses. Candidates to take part in the counseling process have to register themselves by paying the registration fee of Rs. 450
Documents required at the time of Counselling Process
- Marksheet of Class 12th
- Class 12th Certificate (if issued)
- Mark sheet of class 10th
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Age Certificate
- Transfer Certificate
- Admit Card of OJEE MBA 2019 exam
- Migration Certificate (If issued by the Board)
- Caste Certificate (for reserved category candidates)
OJEE MBA 2019 FAQs- (Frequently Asked Questions)
Question: Is there the availability of OJEE MBA 2019 application form offline?
Answer: No, the candidate cannot get the form offline as it will be published by the authority on its official website only.
Question: How can I verify the status of my application?
Answer: You may go to the official web portal of OJEE and check the status of your application by entering the registration number or application number and password that was generated at the time of registration.
Question: Is there any clause of getting the application fee back if the candidate is not able to appear in the examination hall?
Answer: Not at all as the amount of application fee is non-refundable.
Question: Is there any option to modify the information filled online in application form?
Answer: If the candidate has completed the process of registration and submit edit the application form, he or she is not permitted or given chance to make any changes in future.
Question: Can the students from other states apply for this exam?
Answer: No, the students who belong to some other state of the country cannot appear in this exam.
Question: Can I go for lateral entry in B.Tech?
Answer: Yes, by appearing in OJEE 2019 you can be able to get admission in lateral entry of engineering.
Question: What will be the mode of OJEE MBA 2019 examination?
Answer: The mode of examination will be offline where pen and paper is being used by the candidates to solve the questions. The mode is also called as OMR.