NMAT 2019 – GMAC that stands for Graduate Management Admission Council convenes NMAT which is a university-level entrance exam for PG-level management programs. The conducting authority has started the registration for NMAT 2019 from 3rd July 2018. The aspirants can fill the NMAT 2019 Application Forms till 3rd October 2018. Cracking NMAT 2019 will open the gateway for the students to get admission into the various disciplines & specializations of MBA, run by the participating institutes. There are diverse esteemed B-schools that validate the NMAT score of a candidate. GMAC has released the date schedule for NMAT 2019. In this article, along with the dates of the events of NMAT 2019, the detailed information about NMAT 2019 registration, eligibility criteria, exam pattern, syllabus, etc. has also been furnished.
NMAT 2019 Important Dates
The candidates need to know about the below mentioned important events and their specific dates if they sincerely aspire to achieve a high score in NMAT 2019 important dates.
|NMAT 2019 Event Names||Important Dates|
|Start Date||End Date|
|Online registration for NMAT||3rd July, 2018||3rd October, 2018|
|Examination schedule||3rd July, 2018||16th October, 2018|
|Late date for registration||4th October, 2018||14th October, 2018|
|Re-take of Registration||5th October, 2018||14th December, 2018|
|Re-scheduling of registration||3rd July, 2018||14th December, 2018|
|Registration Retake-scheduling||5th October, 2018||14th December, 2018|
|Date of NMAT exam||4th October, 2018||17th December, 2018|
|Result Declaration||NA||Second Week of January 2019|
|Availability of score card on official website||NA||31st March 2019|
- The registration for NMAT 2019 can be easily done by visiting the official website.
- The applicants need to first complete their registration process on the official website of NMAT, only then they can appear in the exam.
- The registration will be commenced from the 1st week of July 2018 until the 1st week of October 2018.
- The candidates who miss the first registration date can get the second chance to fill the application form from the 1st week of October 2018 to 2nd week of October 2018.
- After successful registration on the website, the applicants will get the user Id and password as the login credentials on the email id and mobile number that are registered here.
- The application form will be declared completed only when the candidate enters his or her personal and academic details.
- In order to complete the procedure of registration, the candidates need to click on the button ‘submit’ and once they do that, the registration number will be given instantly. Note it down and keep it safe until further process.
- The payment of the examination fee can be made through debit card or credit card (Visa/Master/American Express) or net banking or mobile wallets.
- The application fee comes under non-refundable clause and is being charged for five business schools or programmes.
- To qualify for this exam, the candidates must carry the graduation or Bachelor’s Degree (10+2+3/4) in any stream from a reputed board or university. Those who have yet to appear for the graduation cannot apply for this exam but if the applicant is in the final year of the graduation course, he or she is eligible for this test.
- The minimum percentage score to get eligible for NMAT is 50%. This percentage cannot be changed at any cost.
- If the applicant has been employed in any pharmaceutical company for more than 2 years, he or she is also qualified to appear in this exam.
- The candidates need to have the Bachelor’s Degree (10+2+3/4) in any field or discipline from a reputed board or university.
- Minimum 50% marks in graduation are considered as the qualifying criteria in this exam.
- The candidates who possess the degrees of BE or Biomedical or Biotechnology can also appear in this examination.
- The applicants who are still in the final year of the graduation also get the leeway to apply for this examination.
- The examination will be held online through computer-based testing or CBT mode.
- The maximum number of attempts that the candidates can make during the testing period of the year will be 3.
- The time duration of the whole test will be 120 minutes. The candidates need to cover every part of the exam within the given time.
- The exam paper will be filled with objective type questions where the options will be given to the applicants and they need to pick one correct answer.
- There will be total 120 questions in the examination.
- The parts in the exam paper include the sections like Quantitative skills, Language skills, and Logical Reasoning.
- There will be the provision for negative marking.
- In case the candidate is not happy with his or her marks or score in the first attempt of the exam, he or she is allowed to go for a retake of the exam by rescheduling the same.
- Arithmetic – Line graph, 2D and 3D Geometry, Bar graph, Statistics, Pie chart, Algebra, Tables, and Trigonometry.
- Logical Reasoning – Puzzles and Multi-dimensional arrangements.
- Language Skills – Reading Comprehension, Synonyms, Anonyms, Dictionary Meanings of different words, Passages, Syntax and correct grammar, Poems, Quantitative Skills, Language usage and their rules and Data Interpretation and DS.
- To prepare well for the exam, you need to plan out for proper studies with full concentration and sincerity.
- Note down the whole syllabus for the exam in order to streamline the studies in better ways.
- If at any point in time, you feel some topic to be tough and you have doubt about it, make a proper note and refer best books to clear your doubts
- Try to solve previous years’ question papers and other sample papers to check your knowledge and preparations. Always refer the most acclaimed books for preparations.
- Focus on each and every topic of the syllabus without skipping even a single one.
- Keep your health and energy on at the time of examination days.
- The slot booking for NMAT will be commenced from the 1st week of July 2018 to the 3rd week of October 2018.
- The candidates can do the scheduling of the exam with the help of online mode only.
- For the re-scheduling procedure, the applicants need to wait for 15 days after the date of examination.
- Once the candidate fills up the application form and makes payment of the fee, the time slot and examination date will be given.
- After the submission of the payment, the candidates will be able to see the option for exam scheduling in their dashboard.
- With this, the applicants can easily go for scheduling the exam.
- The NMAT admit card can be downloaded by those candidates who will schedule their online exam.
- The candidates are suggested to carry the printout of the email confirmation email, one photograph and also the NMAT admit card.
- In absence of these documents, the candidate cannot appear in the examination hall.
- The candidates need to bring one of these photo identification proofs on the day of examination – PAN Card, UID or Aadhar Card, Passport, Voter’s ID Card and Driving License.
- The conducting body for this exam will release the NMAT scorecard on their official website just after four to five weeks of the examination date.
- The applicants will get the notification on mail about the update of the scorecard.
- The candidates can easily access their GMAC account to know about their NMAT scorecard and result.
- Once the final percentile score of the candidate is declared, the authority will take the initiative to send the candidate’s scorecard to the business schools where he or she wishes to take admission.
- The scorecard possesses the details of the percentile ranking and total score of the applicant.
- The authority or conducting body will publish the cut off for NMAT 2019 for each course or specializations of MBA.
- Every participating institute releases the NMAT cut off for their campuses.
- The aspirants would be able to verify the cut off for every part and section of the examination paper.
- The candidates who make it up to reach the cut-off marks will be selected for the admission process.
- The admission process for NMAT consists of the two rounds – Case discussion and Personal Interview.
- The candidates will be selected in these rounds depending upon their examination marks score and the rank in the merit list.
- The candidates who will be shortlisted for the further rounds of admission can simply download their admission call letter by visiting the official website of the university.
- The authority will see the NMAT score, academic records, PI and CD rounds and work experience of the candidates to make the final list of merit.
- The seat will be given to the candidates depending upon their availability and on the grounds of the final merit list.
Click here to fill the NMAT 2019 Application form
NMAT 2019 Registration – Started
The complete process for NMAT registration 2019 includes the following steps:
Application Fee for NMAT 2019
|Steps||Application Fee Amount|
|Early Test registration||Rs. 1800|
|Late Test registration||Rs. 2000|
|Add on Score Reports (more than first 7)||Rs. 200 per report|
NMAT 2019 Eligibility Criteria
If we talk about the eligibility criteria for each institution or university, they are actually different. For this, the candidates need to check the web portal of each and every institution and read NMAT 2019 eligibility criteria to get admission in various MBA courses. For various MBA courses, the basic eligibility criteria id shown below, let’s have a look:
For the courses of PGDM or MBA or MBA HR
For the course of MBA Pharmaceutical Management:
NMAT 2019 Exam Pattern
The aspirants need to be aware of the NMAT exam pattern details before appearing for the main exam. This will give them a level of confidence to crack the exam with flying colors. Let’s discover the NMAT exam pattern in detail:
|Section Names||Number of Questions||Time duration (in minutes)|
For the candidates to score high in the examination and get admitted for various reputed management courses, they should be aware of the complete syllabus of NMAT. Let’s discuss the same:
Tips for successful preparation of NMAT 2019
Exam Centers for NMAT
Domestic Test Centers:
|Name of Regions||List of Cities|
|North||Varanasi, Agra, Patiala, Chandigarh, Noida, Dehradun, Lucknow, Delhi, Kanpur, Faridabad, Jammu, Gurgaon|
|South||Vijayawada, Bengaluru, Vizag, Chennai, Vellore, Kochi, Tiruchirapalli, Hyderabad, Mysore, Manipal|
|East||Shillong, Bhubaneswar, Ranchi, Kolkata, Guwahati, Patna, Jamshedpur|
|West||Vadodara, Ahmedabad, Surat, Jaipur, Pilani, Nagpur, Jodhpur, Pune, Kota, Nasik, Mumbai|
|Central||Raipur, Bhopal, Jabalpur, Indore|
International Test Centers:
|List of Locations||List of countries|
Slot Booking for NMAT
NMAT 2019 Admit Card
The candidates can easily download their NMAT 2019 admit card after the payment of the application fee and the booking of the time slot.
NMAT Result 2019
NMAT Admission 2019
Frequently Asked Questions about NMAT 2019
Question 1: What is the number of attempts for NMAT exam by GMAC?
Answer: The candidate can give the NMAT exam for maximum three times that includes one normal attempt and two retake attempts.
Question 2: Where does the principle of “First come First serve’ apply? Registration or scheduling?
Answer: This principle applies to both the procedures.
Question 3: For admission session 2019-21, what is the tentative time for NMAT exam?
Answer: The testing window for NMAT exam 2019 will be scheduled from October 2018 to December 2018 for the academic session 2019-21.
Question 4: Is there any clause for sectional cut-off for each part of the paper?
Answer: Yes, there is actually the provision of sectional cut off for every part and the author will provide the same.
Question 5: Is it mandatory for the candidates to answer the questions of every part of the paper within the given time?
Answer: Yes, the candidates will have to solve the questions of every section within the allotted time.
Question 6: Is there any change in the syllabus this year?
Answer: No, there won’t be any alteration in the syllabus and will remain the same as in the last year.
Question 7: By what time the NMAT result will be announced?
Answer: The NMAT result will be announced within four to five weeks of the examination.
This is all about NMAT 2019. Hope the aspirants will get the clear picture of the examination after going through this article.