NMAT 2018 Preparation Tips – NMAT, an acronym for the Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies (NMIMS) Management Aptitude Test is a national level entrance test that is conducted once in a year by its conducting body Graduate Management Admission Council (GMAC). On clearing the entrance test of NMAT 2018, the applicants can easily get into top B-schools across the country for MBA or other graduate management programs. The candidates to qualify or to clear the entrance test of NMAT for the year 2018 must strategize the proper study plan in accordance to the months left for the exam on either, daily, weekly or monthly basis. Moreover, only preparing the study plan is not enough for the candidates to crack the exam. Apart from this, there are so many tips and tricks to be followed for scoring high in the exam. Therefore, the aspiring candidates are advised to read the entire article for owning the reasonable preparation tips for the betterment of the candidates.
NMAT 2018 Preparation Tips – Section-Wise
The candidates after filling the application form and going through the important dates must start their preparation as soon as possible. Therefore, let’s have a glance at the section-wise preparation for NMAT 2018 as follows:
NMAT 2018 Preparation Tips for Language Skills
- This section is neither too tough not too easy i.e. of moderate level. So basically the question asked in this section checks the proficiency in English, writing skills etc. of the candidates.
- This section comprises of topics like vocabulary, fill in the blanks, correction of grammatical errors, synonyms, antonyms etc.
- The candidates for this section must strengthen their grammar, vocabulary, synonyms, antonyms etc for the NMAT 2018 exam.
- Practice previous year’s sample papers that contain questions related to language.
- Also, read English article and the current affairs news
- Practice the passages to avoid spelling mistakes, sentence formation etc.
NMAT 2018 Preparation Tips for Logical Reasoning
- This section contains question of the level between moderate and difficult. Therefore, the candidates need to work hard for the logical reasoning section.
- The question asked in this section aims at testing the ability of the candidates to solve complex and twisted questions.
- The candidates to score high in this section must solve the questions based on puzzles, family tree, coding, decoding etc.
- Also, solve previous year’s question papers and sample papers. Apart from this, try to go for the online mock test too.
NMAT 2018 Preparation Tips for Quantitative Skills
- The questions of the above-mentioned section contain question of medium to tough level. Therefore, practice more topics and related questions from this section and give more time on each topic of this section.
- The question of this section aims at measuring the mathematical and problem-solving skills of the aspirants.
- The candidates to acquire good marks in this section need to solve the questions related to geometry, trigonometry, number systems, algebra, profit and loss, percentage etc.
- Go for online mock test to learn time management skills and practice the question papers and sample papers of previous years as many as the candidates can.
- Try to learn different methods or tricks for solving the twisted or tough questions with the help of reference books that will be mentioned at last.
NMAT 2018 Syllabus
Apart from following the above-cited points, the willing aspirants ought to go through the NMAT 2018 syllabus. It is quite clear that the syllabus of NMAT rarely changes otherwise it remains the same for every year. In that case, candidates need to make the proper study chart and follow it accordingly to qualify the entrance test of NMAT 2018 without facing any kind of problem. Now, go through the following table to have the idea about the sections and topics covered under each of them:
|· Correction of Grammatical Errors
· Phrasal Verbs
· Usage of Parts of Speech, tenses etc.
· Usage of Idioms
· Fill in the Blanks
· Jumbled Sentences
· Reading Comprehension Passages
· Sentence Correction and Usage
· Vocabulary and Syntax Usage
|· Family Tree
· Coding & Decoding
· Course of Action
· Course of Action
· Co-ordinate Geometry
· Number System
· Profit & Loss
· Ratio & Proportion
· Time & Work etc.
· 2D and 3D Geometry
· Pie Chart
· Modern Maths
· Line Graphs
· Bar Graphs
Reference Books for the NMAT 2018 Exam
Earlier, the NMAT 2O18 preparation tips for the NMAT exam are mentioned. But, the most important suggestion is yet not provided to the candidates that are about the reference books for learning formulas, shortcut methods or tricks for solving the tough or complex question and also managing the time in order to complete the paper in given time duration. Therefore, let’s check out the best reference books of the best author and the publication as well:
- S. Aggarwal- S. Chand Quantitative Aptitude for Competitive Examinations
- S Aggarwal– S. Chand Modern APP. To Logical Reasoning
- Abhijit Guha– TMH Quantitative Aptitude for MBA Entrance Examinations
- Sanjeev Verma & J.K. Gangal– Chand A Complete Kit for MBA Entrance Examinations
- Time– Pearson Quantitative Aptitude for CAT and Other MBA Entrance Examinations
About NMAT 2018 Preparation Tips
The candidates willing to pursue MBA or other graduate management programs can go for the entrance test of NMAT 2018. The NMAT 2018 application form registration has started from 3rd of July 2018. Therefore, the interested candidates must not wait and proceed for the registration process as soon as possible. The entrance test of NMAT is conducted by its conducting body GMAC i.e. Graduate Management Association Council every year. Above all, the candidates for the NMAT 2018 exam need to know the NMAT 2018 preparation tips. Therefore, all the required tips are provided to the candidates, all they need to do is to read each section of the article thoroughly and for any other information leave the query in the comment section mentioned below.