MICAT 2019 Syllabus – MICAT, an entrance test for postgraduate program i.e. MBA. It is a national level entrance exam that is conducted two times a year usually in the month of December and February in the form of MICAT-I and MICAT-II. MICA i.e. Mudra Institute of Communications, Ahmadabad conducts the entrance test of MICAT 2019. Besides appearing in MICAT exam, the applicants must have appeared in the entrance exam of CAT, XAT, and GATE to get shortlisted for a final round. The candidates, longing to pursue MBA from top management college must not leave this opportunity.
The candidates who will be applying for MICAT-I or MICAT-II must check the eligibility criteria. By reading the article, the aspirants will know about the syllabus and the exam pattern too. The candidates must create the study chart on the yearly, monthly or daily basis as soon as possible and must prepare accordingly to score high in the exam.
MICAT 2019 Syllabus in Detail
The candidates eagerly waiting for MICAT exam should go thoroughly through this article and must follow it to fulfill their dream of getting into top management college/university. The exam pattern of MICAT has 6 major section about which we will discuss further. Now, let’s have a look at the MICAT 2019 syllabus that will help the candidate to crack the exam easily:
- Quantitative Ability: This section consists of the topic that aims at checking the mathematical skills of the aspirants. Now, let’s see the topics that are covered under this section:
- Number System
- LCM & HCF
- Time & Distance
- Permutation and Combination
- Data Interpretation
- Profit and Loss
- Time & Work
- Quadratic and Linear Equation
- Time and Work
- Verbal Ability: The topic that comes under this section aim at checking candidate’s proficiency in English. So, let’s check all the topics:
- Fill in the Blanks
- Error Correction
- Jumble Sentences
- Synonyms and Antonyms
- Reading Comprehension
- General Awareness– The topic covered under this section aimed at checking the general knowledge of the candidate. In the other words, the candidates should have all the updates of news or social, political, contemporary issues etc. Now, let’s see all the topics:
- Business Brands and Media
- Indian Constitution
- Science and Research
- Sports News
- Advertising and Marketing
- Books and Author
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Major Business/Banks’ Tag-Lines, Logos, Abbreviations, Advertisements.
- Current Affairs
- Companies and their Owner
- Divergent-Convergent Reasoning– This section consists of topics based on reasoning. Let’s have a look on these topics:
- Sequence and Series
- Visual Reasoning
- Data Sufficiency
- Word Association
- Descriptive Test
- Psychometric Test– The topic comes under this aimed at checking the personality, thinking ability, weakness, strength etc.
- Essay Writing– The candidates will have to write the essay in at least 250 words. Mainly the candidates will have to give their own opinion regarding any topic or issue.
- Story Writing- In this, the candidates will be given several pictures and they will have to write the story accordingly.
Highlights of MICAT Exam Pattern 2019
The candidates, to crack the entrance test of MICAT to get admission in best management college, will have to prepare according to the exam pattern and MICAT 2019 syllabus. Therefore, below mentioned are some of the important details that will help the candidates surely. Now, let’s go for it:
- Mode of Exam- The entrance test of MICAT will be conducted at online mode.
- Types of Questions to be asked in MICAT- There will be both subjective as well as objective type question.
- Total No. of Questions- The total number of question will be 144.
- Duration of the Exam- The candidate will get 2 hours and 45 minutes to complete the paper. Therefore, the aspirants should start practice from now onwards to learn the time management.
- Marking Scheme- The candidate will acquire 1 mark for each correct answer. The question paper will be divided into 3 parts, so for the first and third part, there will be no negative marking and for second part there will be negative marking of 0.25 marks.
MICAT is a national level entrance test for those who are willing to pursue MBA from top management college in India. The aspirants should take the help of MICAT 2019 syllabus to get an idea of the question paper for MICAT 2019. All the relevant details regarding exam pattern, syllabus, marking scheme etc. so, go through the article once and for further information leave the query in the comment section.