MICAT 2019 Selection Procedure – With the announcement of the names of the shortlisted candidates on 20th February 2019, the selection procedure will be conducted on 7th & 8th March 2019 at Delhi and Kolkata. The selection procedure round involves Group Discussion and Personal Interview rounds. In the Group Discussion round, 10-15 candidates will be given the topic for discussion wherein the leadership skills, negotiation skills, and the knowledge about the topic will be judged by the candidates. Furthermore, the selected candidates will be called to participate in the Personal Interview round where the candidates have to face the panel of the examiner and during this round, the communication skills of the candidates, their soft skills, etc. will be tested. Thus, the shortlisted candidates ought to do an ideal preparation for the selection procedure round. Also, read the article thoroughly and stay connected to our website for fetching the latest updates.
Important Dates Related to MICAT 2019 Selection Procedure
MICAT 2019 important dates have been released by the examination conducting authority i.e. MICA. Therefore, the candidates must follow the below-given table to get the updated important dates for both MICAT I and II.
|Events||Important Dates (Announced)|
|Release of exam date of MICAT – I||1st December 2018|
|Release of result date of MICAT – I||18th December 2018|
|Release of exam date of MICAT – II||9th February 2019|
|Announcement of Result of MICAT – II||19th February 2019|
|Declaration of shortlisting||20th February 2019 (Announced)|
|GE & PI at Delhi and Kolkata||7th, 8th, and 9th March 2019|
|GE & PI at Ahmadabad||12th and 13th March 2019|
|GE & PI at Bangalore and Mumbai||16th and 17th March 2019|
|Final result||25th March|
Stages of MICAT 2019 Selection Procedure
The MICAT 2019 selection procedure is conducted in three level and candidates who satisfy the MICAT cutoff criteria to be eligible for Group Exercise (GE) and Personal Interview (PI) rounds. MICAT 2019 final merit list will be released based on the performance in the entrance exam, selection round as well as past academic record. The detailed of three stages of selection round are mentioned below:
- In the first stage, the candidates have to appear in any one of the entrance exams; it may either be CAT, GMAT, and XAT and must possess a valid score in any one of the exams.
- In the second stage, the candidates need to appear for MICAT 2019 entrance exam. The test paper is divided into three sections –
- Psychometric Test is a qualifying test and they have to just pass this section. The candidates who qualify the Psychometric Test will be evaluated on the other two parts.
- Verbal Ability (VA), General Awareness (GA), Quantitative Ability (QA), and Divergent-Convergent Reasoning (DCR).
- Descriptive Test.
- In the third stage, the candidates need to appear for GD and PI rounds and MICAT scores are considered for shortlisting the candidates. Once all the three stages are completed, the merit list will be announced.
- More than or equal to 3.5 points are required for a candidate score on the 5- point scale in GE.
- More than or equal to 4 points are required for a candidate to score on the 5-point scale in PI.
Final Merit list of MICAT 2109
After all, the three rounds of MICAT exam is over, candidates are speculated and individual’s composite score is prepared. The final merit list of MICAT 2019 announced will be based on the following components as mentioned below
|CAT , XAT and GMAT (2016 onwards) Scores||20 percent|
|MICAT Score (Best of Two Score)||30 percent|
MICAT is a national level entrance exam held for the aspirants willing to pursue MBA courses from top management colleges of India. MICAT is conducted by MICA Ahmedabad. The candidates are shortlisted on the basis of MICAT result. Applicants planning to appear in MICAT exam must keep in mind the selection procedure. You can leave your comment in the below-given comment box.