MICAT 2019 Preparation Tips – MICAT 2019 also called as Mudra Institute of Communication Admission Test is a National Level Examination. The 180 qualifying students will get admission for Post Graduate Diploma in Management – Communications (PGDM-C) programme. Students who are willing to give the examination will be selected on the basis of their CAT/XAT/GMAT scores. The exam takes place twice in a year. The conducting body is MICA, Ahmedabad. It is a non-profitable Institution. This programme aims at building Creative Thinking, Communication and Consumer Centricity of the students. It is a Computer-Based Test and the exam will consist of both subjective and objective type of questions. This examination will test your Thinking Ability, General Knowledge, Writing Skills and Communication Ability. Qualifying this examination is not so hard. Proper understanding and practice is the key to scoring good marks in the examination. We present you the MICAT 2019 Preparation Tips to guide your knowledge for the examination. Let us discuss the MICAT 2019 Exam Pattern before knowing the MICAT 2019 Preparation Tips.
MICAT 2019 Exam Pattern
|S.No.||Subject Name||Total Number of Questions|
Divergent Convergent Reasoning
- The exam will be consisting of both subjective and objective type questions.
- There are total 145 questions divided into 3 Sections
- Section 1 is of 59 marks. Section 1 has 3 subjects a)Descriptive Test b)Divergent Convergent Reasoning c)General Awareness. There is No negative marking in this section.
- Section 2 is of 50 marks. Section 2 has 2 subjects a)Verbal Ability b)Quantitative Analysis. The negative marking is 0.25 percent or 1/4th of the total only in this section.
- Section 3 is of 36 marks. Section 3 has 1 subject a)Psychometric Test. There is No negative marking in this section.
- It is a 2hr 45mins examination.
MICAT 2019 Syllabus
To start with the MICAT 2019 Preparation Tips it is important to know the syllabus.
- Statement and Conclusions
- Data Sufficiency
- Visual Reasoning
- Word Combination
- Film and Media
- National Current Affairs
- News Presenters
- Sports News
- Indian Constitution
- Science and Research
- Set Theory
MICAT 2019 Preparation Tips
Scoring marks in MICAT 2019 are not very difficult. The topics for the exam are very simple and logical. You only have to stay focused when you are practicing your basics. Once you know the technique of how to study you’ll easily build your interest in the subjects. Here are some MICAT 2019 Preparation Tips to help you score your desired marks.
- Now when you know the syllabus you should first divide the subjects into two categories:
- Subjects you think you are good at
- Subjects you think you are bad at
Start studying those subjects first you believe that you understand better. This will help you in completing the syllabus fast. Once you clear the basics in those subjects you are good at then shift to the subjects you don’t feel comfortable practicing. Refer good books and study materials for reference. Don’t waste your time after one topic. Carry on with other topics and then come back to the previous one.
- Apart from the textbooks it is important to gain knowledge from other sources as well. Read newspapers and surf on the internet to keep yourself updated. Create your own notes and reasonable formulas you understand fast and better.
- Once again analyze all the subjects and then start solving Mock Test Papers. Practicing the Mock Test papers helps you to test your ability before the exam. Try to complete the papers keeping in mind the exam duration, i.e., 2hrs 45mins. In this way you will be able to increase your speed. Practice last year’s questions so that you understand the type of questions.
- Solve as many mock papers as you can. This will increase your speed and make you understand the exam pattern. The more you practice the more you will gain confidence.
- Stay updated with the online technology. Since this a Computer-Based Examination you have to be familiar and fast with the use of the computer. This will not put you into trouble on the day if the examination.
- Lastly, remember to take proper rest while studying. Healthy mind is important for a good preparation.
We hope that this article on MICAT 2019 Preparation Tips was useful to you. If you have any issues regarding MICAT 2019 Preparation Tips you can write it in the comment box below.