MAT 2019 Selection Process – Candidates after fulfilling the cutoff percentile released by each participating institute must wait for getting shortlisted by the Institute for the selection procedure round where they have to go through the Personal Interview (PI), Group Discussion (GD), and or Written Ability Test (WAT). However, candidates in the Group Discussion round will be judged on the basis of leadership and negotiation skills. Moreover, in Written Ability Test (WAT), candidates’ writing skills, grammar, word power etc. are checked. Further, after completion of GD and WAT rounds, candidates will have to face the Personal Interview round where candidates’ communication as well as soft skills will be tested by the candidates. And lastly, the merit list will be released which is prepared on the score of MAT exam, performance in selection procedure round and also the previous academic record etc. Therefore, candidates to seek admission in top management college must go through the article which contains the comprehensive info regarding MAT 2019 selection procedure, important date etc. and prepare accordingly for all the rounds the selection procedure comprises of.
MAT 2019 Selection Procedure
The MAT 2019 selection procedure will consist of three basic steps. First, the candidates will be shortlisted according to the MAT scores and then they are called for the next round. The next round consists of Written Ability Test (WAT), Group Discussion (GD), and Personal Interview (PI). According to the candidate’s performance in this round, the final selection of the candidates will be done and the merit list will be declared.
- The MAT 2019 selection procedure will start soon after the MAT 2019 exam result is announced and the participating institutes will release their cutoff list.
- A new cutoff list will be released after all 4 exams that are Feb’19, May’19, Sept’19, and Dec’19.
- Each participating colleges has its own selection process and candidates must check it on the respective websites.
- The selection process starts after the MAT result and release of the cutoff.
There are more than 600+ B-schools that accept MAT score for admission. Although the selection procedure differs from institute to institute, some of them conduct all the three rounds but some might conduct two rounds only. Candidates must note that some institutes give WAT round the more weightage than the other round. During this round, candidates’ thought process and written communication skills are judged. The aim of giving preference to WAT is to ensure that all the candidates are on the same bench. In Group Discussion and Personal Interview round, most of the soft-spoken candidates fail to create a mark in front of the judge.
When does MAT 2019 Selection Procedure start?
MAT selection procedure starts soon after the announcement of the results and institutes shortlist the candidates based on their MAT scores.
MAT 2019 Result Announcement Date
After one week of the exam, the MAT 2019 results will be announced by AIMA most probably. It means 4th week of the month will be projected as the result week of MAT 2019. Candidates can check their results online.
Roll number and application form number according to the month of the test is just what you need to check your MAT result.
MAT 2019 Counseling Procedure
Important points related to Counseling
- AIMA will release MAT counseling notification on the official website that is aima.in
- Candidates need to register for the college they wish to apply on the respective college website.
- Seats will be allotted according to the scores obtained in MAT exam as well as other selection rounds.
- There are nearly 600+ B-Schools in the country that accept MAT score.
- The counseling procedure in MAT differs from institute to institute.
- Some colleges have a provision for offline mode, the other only allow online registrations.
- Before proceeding to the choice-filling step, make sure you have paid the counseling fee online.
To solve your queries related to MAT 2019 Selection Procedure, you can leave your comment in the below-given comment box.