MAT 2019 Exam Pattern –The candidates in order to be familiar with the exact pattern of the exam as well as question paper must go through the MAT 2019 exam pattern. The exam pattern for MAT 2019 will be set up by the conducting body i.e. All India Management Association (AIMA). The MAT 2019 exam pattern consists of the questions asked from 5 different sections that include mathematical reasoning, Indian and Global Environment, language comprehension, intelligence, and critical reasoning, and data sufficiency and analysis. Moreover, the candidates are given the time duration of 2 hours and 30 minutes for completing 200 questions. Above all, according to the marking scheme, the candidates will obtain 1 mark whereas, for the incorrect answer, 0.25 marks will be deducted. Therefore, the candidates by scrutinizing the whole article will be able to fetch all the significant and comprehensive information about the MAT 2019 exam pattern that will further help them in having overall idea about the pattern of the test paper and prepare accordingly to score deserving marks in the MAT 2019 exam and to get into the top B-schools across the country for postgraduate management programs like MBA, PGDM etc.
MAT or Management Aptitude Test is national level MBA entrance exam steered by AIMA for the aspirants willing to take admission in various management courses offered by the top B-schools. The exam is conducted four times a year that is February, May, September, and December. The aspirants planning to appear in this MAT 2019 exam must know the exam pattern well as it will be helpful for the candidates to prepare for the exam.
Candidates who are preparing for the entrance test of MAT for the year 2019 need to go through the important dates as it contains the dates of each event related to MAT 2019. Therefore, in order to avoid deferment, candidates must go for each upcoming event on a priority basis. However, as the dates for MAT 2019 have not released yet by the conducting body so the tentative dates are formulated below in the tabular form, just go through it:
|MAT 2019 Events||MAT Dates (Tentative)
|Availability of MAT 2019 Application Form||3rd week of December 2018
|Closing of Online Registration (Paper Based Test)||Last week of January 2019|
|Closing of Online Registration (Computer Based Test)||2nd week of February 2019
|Availability of Admit Card||4th week of January 2019
|Exam Date (Paper Based Test)||1st week of February 2019
|Exam Date (Computer Based Test)||3rd week of February 2019
|Announcement of Result||Last week of February 2019
MAT 2019 Exam Pattern – Highlights
Candidates who are well-determined and focused to appear in the MAT 2019 must check out the exam pattern first to have comprehensive information about the overall pattern of the test paper including mode, medium, marking scheme, no, of questions, time duration etc. Therefore, go through the details below cited:
- Mode – The entrance test of MAT 2019 will be conducted through online mode only.
- Medium – The question will be asked in the English language and so the candidates have to write the answer in English merely.
- Question-type – Only objective type questions will be asked along with the multiple choices to opt one among the 4.
- Number of Question – Total number of 200 questions will be asked in the exam.
- Time Duration – candidates will be allotted 150 minutes or 2 hours and 30 minutes for completing the test paper of MAT 2019.
- Marking Scheme – Candidates will be awarded 1 mark for each correct answer and that for the wrong answer, 0.25 will be deducted.
|Subjects||No. of Questions|
|Data Analysis and Sufficiency||40|
|Intelligence and Critical Reasoning||40|
|Indian and Global Environment||40|
Candidates preparing for MAT 2019 must go through the syllabus besides checking the exam pattern as the syllabus helps the candidates to be familiar with the sections from which the questions will be asked such as language comprehension, mathematical skills, data analysis and sufficiency, intelligence and critical reasoning, and Indian and Global Environment. Furthermore, candidates will also come to know the topic covered under each section: Mathematical Skills – The questions based on this section aims at checking the arithmetical, statistical skills of the candidates. Therefore, the question asked herein are based on the following topics:
- Height and Distance
- Ratio and Proportion
- Profit and Loss
- Number System
- Time and Work
- HCF and LCM
- Allegation and Mixture
- Simple Interest and Compound Interest
- Clocks- Calendars
Language Comprehension– In this section, the reading and writing skills, moreover, English Proficiency of the candidates are judged. Therefore, the candidates must prepare themselves according to the topics mentioned as follows:
- Sentence Correction
- Critical Reasoning
- Verbal Analogies
- Finding Errors
- Sentence Completion
- Fill in the Blanks
- Reading Comprehension
- Para Jumbles
Data Analysis and Sufficiency – the questions asked from this section check the analytical and critical thinking of the candidates to solve complex questions. Thus, to prepare well for the exam, let’s go through the following topics:
- Data Comparison
- Pie Chart
- Line Graph
- Data Caselette
- Multiple Graph
- Bar Chart Intelligence and Critical Reasoning – This section comprises of questions that aim at testing the mental ability of the candidates to solve tricky or twisted questions. So, look at the following topics and prepare accordingly:
- Blood Relation
- Verbal Reasoning
- Direction Sense
- Data Arrangement
- Analytical Reasoning
Indian and Global Environment– The question asked from this section are based on the current affairs related to India as well as the World. Hence, scrutinize the topics covered under this section:
- Miscellaneous Events etc.
Preparation Tips for MAT 2019
- First of all, candidates must go through the syllabus and exam pattern to formulate the study chart on a daily, weekly or monthly basis.
- Secondly, while solving questions from different section, candidates must analyze their weakest portion in order to overcome the weakness and to fortify it by practicing more and more.
- Candidates for India and Global Environment section must keep themselves updated with the current affair or whatever happens every day in India as well as in the World.
- For acquiring good marks in Language Comprehension section, candidates must read journals, newspapers, magazines, novels etc. Doing this will help the candidates to remain updates and to improvise their word power by learning vocabularies or new words.
- Solve previous years’ question as well as sample papers in order to know the level and type of questions that might be asked in MAT 2019.
- At least 3 months before the commencement of MAT 2019 exam, start taking an online mock test in order to improve or boost accuracy and speed to solve question in less time.
- Above all, take the help of reference books of best authors and publishers to learn different topics or methods for solving similar type of question.
- Apart from all above, do not waste too much time on a single topic and give more time to revision. Moreover, do not begin any new chapter at the last moment.
- Lastly, eat healthy and stay calm and confident instead of getting panic.
To solve your queries related to MAT 2019 Exam Pattern, you can leave your comment in the below given comment box.