KSOM 2019 – KSOM is also called as KIIT School of Management that takes the accountability of providing admission in various MBA courses. The candidates who possess the required score in CAT, XAT, MAT, ATMA, CMAT or KIITEE MGT can appear in KSOM 2019 exam. The written test of KSOM will be given by the candidates for admission in MBA programmes. The candidates will be selected on the grounds of the marks obtained by them in the written entrance test, GD or Group Discussion and PI or Personal Interview. The final shortlisting will be done after examining the scorecard, merit list, rank there and the marks in GD and PI. The candidates who will qualify all the rounds of KSOM 2019 will be informed about the same through the offer letter that will be sent by the authority. The details of the admission and terms and conditions will be mentioned in it.
At the end of this article, you will be able to learn some important facts about KSOM 2019 that include significant dates and events, eligibility, pattern of exam, the complete process of registration, application fee, MBA courses details, documentation, and selection process. The applicants are recommended to read the below-mentioned content as this will clear your doubts about KSOM. Before applying for the exam, make sure that you have gone through the eligibility criteria sincerely.
The candidates who have planned to apply for KSOM 2019 should remember certain important events and their dates. If they do not do this, certain activities may get skipped in future and the applicants will have to face the consequences. Below is the table with details of the events and dates:
|Important Events||Dates (Tentative)|
|Last date for submission of application forms||First week of May 2019|
|Date for Group Discussion and Personal Interview||2nd week of May 2019|
|Commencement of Programme||July 2019|
The candidates will have to visit the official web portal of KSOM and create the login credentials for registration. They will have to click on the link for application form submission and fill the details completely. The photograph and signature should be uploaded online and then the submit button will be clicked. The candidates should ensure that they provide correct details and information and before submitting the form, they should recheck the same. There are two modes of filling up the form and process of registration. Let’s discuss them:
For the candidates who pick online mode
In this mode of registration, the candidates need to fill the form online with all the details and then submit the same. The candidates will have to send the documents like mark sheet etc along with the form to the authority as per the given instructions. The fee payment can be made online by credit card, debit card or internet banking. As the online payment gateway is secured now, the candidates can easily pay the amount without any fear. Those who do not trust online transactions can opt for DD payment that comes in offline mode
For the candidates who pick offline mode
The candidates who choose the offline mode to apply for the exam will have to arrange for the demand draft of amount 1250/- payable at Bhubaneswar and drawn in favor of KIIT School of Management. This DD and the application form should be signed and then sent to the address mentioned below:
KIIT School of Management, Campus – 7,
KIIT University, Bhubaneswar – 75102, Odisha, India
Note that the candidates should mention their name and address on the back side of DD for more safety and also ensure to keep the photocopies of the form and the DD for any kind of future reference. The candidates will have to attach some documents with the form. These documents are mentioned below:
- Certificate and mark sheet of High School
- Certificate and Mark sheet of HSC
- Certificate and mark sheet of Graduation in any stream like B.Sc, B.A. etc.
- College Leaving Certificate.
- Migration Certificate
- Conduct Certificate
- Scorecard for KIITEE MGT or CMAT or MAT or CAT or XAT or GMAT or ATMA
- Caste certificate, if applied
- Certificate for Physically handicapped category, if applied
The applicants will have to meet the conditions mentioned below in order to get qualified for KSOM 2019. Those who ignore such points and directly go for the registration process will have to face the difficulties in the middle of the application. It is therefore mandatory to first read the eligibility criteria and then apply for the exam. Knowing about the requirements of the exam before appearing for the same is always beneficial.
- The candidate need to have the degree of graduation in any stream from the recognized university which comes under the Act of Central legislature or State legislature or from other colleges and institutions that are incorporated under Parliament and announced as the deemed university under UGC Act, Section 3 or any equivalent degree which is acclaimed HRD Ministry, Govt. of India. Note that the minimum marks of the candidates need to be 50% in aggregate.
- The candidates need to have minimum marks of 50% in class 10th and 12th or equivalent score of CGPA. The candidates should also possess the prescribed score of CAT, XAT, MAT, CMAT, KIITEE Management etc
- The candidates who are appearing in final year of the graduation or any other equivalent degree are also eligible to apply for KSOM. The applicants will have to submit the documents before the deadline given by the authoring failing which the applicants won’t be able to appear in the exam.
- Foreign or NRI applicant can also apply for this exam by submitting the completely filled application form and required documents. The application fee for such candidates will be 50$. Their selection will be based on the GMAT scores.
KSOM Selection Process 2019
The candidates for KSOM 2019 will be selected on the grounds of their scores in GMAT or CMAT or KIITEE MGT or XAT or CAT or MAT, written exam score and the marks attained by the applicant in GD and PI rounds. The centers where GD and PI will be organized are Mumbai, New Delhi, Jamshedpur, Bangalore, Kolkata, and Bhubaneswar. The applicants will be selected on the basis of GD, PI score, entrance test marks and academics score. Once the selection is done, the applicants will be given an offer letter for admission in various courses. They will have to read the terms and conditions mentioned in the letter about the admission and programme. The applicants will be expected to submit the given letter within the stipulated time.
This is all about the KSOM 2019 information. The candidates need to make a proper timetable and follow the same on daily basis. The study material will be available online, in case of any doubt the candidates may refer to the same. There are certain books by good authors also in the market about KSOM. Those who wish to prepare for the exam through books and make notes can make a deep research online about the grade of the books and buy them from the market. Note that making notes for the topics that you feel are tough and need revision daily should be separately marked. Last but not the least; the candidates must take care of their health by doing exercise and yoga that will calm their mind and body.