KMAT Kerala 2019 – Kerala Management Aptitude Test or KMAT Kerala 2019 is a state level entrance test that offers admission to the candidates for postgraduate management program such as MBA. Candidates to appear in the KMAT Kerala exam in the year 2019 must register themselves first by completing the registration process and filling up the application form that has been released on 2nd November 2018 and will continue until 31st January 2019 in online mode only. After the completion of registration process, candidates will be able to generate the admit card to be allowed to sit in the KMAT Kerala 2019 exam which is going to be conducted on 17th February 2019 by University of Kerala, the conducting body of KMAT Kerala. However, candidates on clearing the entrance test of KMAT Kerala 2019 will be able to seek admission in top management colleges in the state of Kerala. Therefore, candidates intended to turn up in the exam must go through the article to fetch in-depth information regarding the same and follow everything subsequently.
KMAT Kerala 2019 Important Dates
The updated dates for the KMAT Kerala 2019 are mentioned below. The candidates can prepare themselves accordingly for these events:
|Beginning of online application form||2nd November 2018 (Released)|
|Last date for depositing application fee||31st January 2019|
|Last date for filling the application form||31st January 2019|
|Admit card availability||Last week of January 2019|
|Exam date of KMAT Kerala 2019||17th February 2019|
|Answer key releasing date||First week of February 2019|
|Any Objection||First week of February 2019|
|Release of final answer key||Second week of February 2019|
|Announcement of Result||Third week of February 2019|
KMAT Kerala 2019 Registration
The candidates are advised to fill the application form that has been released on 2nd November 2018 and will continue until 31st January 2019 with great care and sincerity, as once the form is submitted, the changes cannot be made at any cost. If the applicant fills in some incorrect information or leaves some of the columns incomplete, the registration will get canceled. Following are some facts about the registration process:
- The candidates are allowed to fill the KMAT Kerala 2019 application form only through online mode.
- The application form filling procedure for online mode has been commenced from the 2nd November 2018 until 31st January 2019.
- The candidates need to fill all right information in the application form and submit the fee at the time of registration only.
- Once the payment of application fee is done, the applicants are suggested to take the hard copy of “SB Collect reference Number” which can be further used for logging into the website.
- After giving the academic and personal details by the candidate, he or she will find a unique Application Number on the application page which will be auto-generated.
- This application number is further needed to print the hall ticket of the exam, hence the candidates are recommended to keep it safe and handy.
- The candidates may take out the print of completely filled-in application form as the proof of online submission.
Application Fee for KMAT Kerala 2019
- The amount of application Fee for General category candidates is Rs 1000/- and for SC or ST category candidates it is Rs 750/-.
- The fee can be submitted through online mode only.
- The applicants can easily choose any of the payment modes like a credit card or debit card or net banking of the bank and make the payment without any hassle.
- After submission of the fee, the candidate cannot apply for a refund.
KMAT Kerala 2019 Eligibility Criteria
As eligibility is the primary thing of attention for the applicants, the points that come under this cannot be ignored. The candidates need to fulfill the below-mentioned criteria in order to get eligible for applying for this entrance examination:
- For Nationality, the candidates should be the citizen of India.
- For Domicile, the candidate should be the native of the state Kerala.
- For appearing in KMAT Kerala 2019, the aspirants need to have Bachelor’s degree in any discipline from Kerala state or any other reputed and acclaimed university.
- The candidates need to possess at least 50% marks in aggregate in order to get qualified for this exam. This is for general category candidates.
- For the category of SC or ST, the minimum marks should be 40% in aggregate to qualify for this test.
- The candidates who are appearing in their final year or semester of the graduation course are permitted to apply for KMAT.
Click Here for KMAT Kerala Registration
KMAT Kerala 2019 Exam Pattern
The candidates can verify the below-mentioned points for the exam pattern of KMAT Kerala 2019.
- The exam will be in the category of offline mode only where the applicants will need pen and paper to solve it.
- All the questions will be of Objective type.
- There will be total 180 questions in the paper.
- The paper consists of four sections that include Date Sufficiency and Logical Reasoning, English Language Usage and Reading, Quantitative Aptitude and General Knowledge and Contemporary Business Scenario.
- The language of the paper will be English only.
- The candidate will be awarded four marks for every right answer.
- The clause of negative marking will not be there.
|Sections||Subject names||Number of Questions|
|A||English Language Usage and Reading||50|
|C||Date Sufficiency and Logical Reasoning||40|
|D||General Knowledge and Contemporary Business Scenario||40|
KMAT Kerala 2019 Syllabus
The syllabus for this exam covers the subjects like English Language Usage and Reading, Date Sufficiency and Logical Reasoning, Quantitative Aptitude, General Knowledge, and Contemporary Business Scenario. The candidates are advised to properly read prepare these subjects and do a thorough study of every single part in order to score high in the examination. Now, let’s have a look at the following sections and the topics covered under:
This section comprises of the questions which are tricky and somehow complex that checks the mathematical skills of the candidates. Therefore, candidates must start solving problems from the topics given below:
- Bar Graph
- Compound Interest
- Number System
- Simple Interest
- Data Interpretation
- Profit & Loss
- Basic Arithmetic
Data Sufficiency and Logical Reasoning
Candidates for this have to practice accordingly from the topics that are below-cited. Moreover, questions asked from this section tests the problem-solving and decision-making ability of the candidates. Thence, let’s have a look at the following topics:
- Direction Sense
- Blood Relations
- Line Graphs
- Clocks and Calendars
- Pie Chart
- Bar Chart
- Tables and Graphs
- Data Structures
The questions asked from English Language section checks the writing skills of the candidates, their grammar etc. Therefore, in order to acquire good marks in this section, candidates must go through the topics covered under this section:
- Fill in the Blanks
- Reading Comprehension
- Critical Reasoning
- Para Jumbles etc.
For this section, candidates need to be aware of the latest updates and the current happenings that take place across the country or in the world. Hence, candidates must remain updated in the areas that are below-cited:
- Science & Technology
- Current Affairs etc.
- Strategize the study plan after going through the syllabus and exam pattern thoroughly.
- Allot more time on the topic that seems tough start preparing accordingly
- Solve sample as well as question papers of the previous years to analyze the weakest portion of yours and also to know the overall pattern of the test paper, difficulty level of the exam.
- Prior 3-4 months of the exam, start taking an online mock test to enhance the accuracy level and also to learn the time management skills which will be beneficial for the candidates during the exam.
- For English Language section, start reading English novels, magazines, and also solve 3-4 passages a day.
- For quantitative Aptitude, Data Sufficiency and Logical Reasoning section, purchase the reference books of best author/publishers to learn different tricks and methods for solving tricky or complex questions.
- Candidates, for general awareness section must start reading newspapers, magazines on a regular basis and keep all the latest updates to acquire good marks in this section.
KMAT Kerala 2019 Admit Card
The candidates can easily get their admit card from the official website of KMAT. The hall ticket for KMAT Kerala 2019 will be uploaded on the site from the last week of January 2019 to the first week of February 2019 in online mode as it will not be sent to any candidate via post. Therefore, candidates ought to check the steps required to download the admit card:
- Visit the official website of Kerala KMAT
- Click on the April or June Session
- Click on the link for downloading KMAT Kerala 2019 admit card
- Enter the login credentials i.e. application number and Date of Birth
- The candidates can see the admit card on the screen. Now, download it and also keep the hard copy for the further use.
Note*– candidates after downloading the admit card must check if all the details mentioned on it are correct or not. If not, get it resolved by consulting the examination conducting authority. Also candidates must not forget to carry their admit card for appearing in KMAT Kerala 2019 exam. Besides admit card, candidates must also carry any documents from driving license, passport, aadhar card, voter ID as an identity proof.
Details mentioned on KMAT Kerala Admit Card
- Candidate’s Name
- Photo of the Candidate
- Candidate’s Roll Number
- Address and Phone Number of the candidate
- Date and time of the exam
- Exam Centre
- Other details related to KMAT Kerala 2019
KMAT Kerala 2019 Answer Key
After the written examination gets over, the examination conducting body or authority will release the answer key for KMAT Kerala. The candidates can check their answers with the guidance of that answer key and accordingly assess their score and predict the rank.
The answer key for KMAT will be out in the first week of February 2019. The applicants can also raise the objection if any on the given answer key to the related authority. The authority will look into the authenticity of the objection raised and then again release the final answer key in the second week of February 2019.
KMAT Kerala 2019 Result
Once the objections are accepted and the final answer key is released, the authority will then announce the result. The candidates need to visit the official website online to see the results there. Note that the authority won’t send you the hard copy of the result to the communication address of the candidate as there is no such provision. The aspirants will be able to see their results online only.
The announcement of KMAT Kerala 2019 result will be made in the third week of February 2019. The candidates can verify the marks which they have scored in the entrance exam. The scorecard will be given to the candidates once the result has been announced.
Steps to Download KMAT Kerala 2019 Result
- Make a visit to the official website of KMAT Kerala 2019
- Click on KMAT Kerala February or June
- Further, enter the application number and password
- Lastly, download the result and keep it safe until the counseling procedure
Details mentioned on KMAT Kerala 2019 Result
- Candidate’s Name
- Application Number
- Roll Number of the candidate
- Overall Marks of the Candidate
- Sectional Marks
- Candidate’s Rank
KMAT Kerala 2019 Cutoff
After the declaration of KMAT Kerala 2019 result, the cutoff percentile will be released which must be fulfilled by the candidates to get selected for the further round of selection procedure that involves Group Discussion (GD) and Personal Interview (PI) rounds. Now, the candidates must be clear that the cutoff percentile does not remain same every year and changes depending on the factors that are mentioned below:
Factors determining the KMAT Kerala 2019 Cutoff Percentile:
- Availability of the Seats
- Previous Year’s Cutoff
- Number of Applicants Applying
- Difficulty Level of the Exam
KMAT Kerala 2019 Expected Cutoff Percentile – Section-wise
15% of the aggregate marks
108 out of 720
Scheduled Caste (SC)
10% of an aggregate marks
72 out of 720
Scheduled Tribes (ST)
7.5% of the aggregate marks
54 out of 720
KMAT Kerala 2019 Admission
The conducting authority will make the rank list for admission on the grounds of the score attained by the candidates. The rank list will be considered to call the candidates for counseling. At the time of counseling, the authority will give the seats to the applicants according to their ranking in the exam.
The final admission for KMAT Kerala 2019 will be given after the written exam, PI or personal interview and GD or group discussion. Apart from this, the candidates need to bring the original documents as a proof of eligibility for verification at the time of admission. The documents are mentioned below:
- KMAT Admit Card 2019
- KMAT Score Card 2019
- 10th certificates and mark sheet
- Photographs (Passport Size)
- Domicile Certificate
- Category Certificate
- Character certificate
Carefully read the above-mentioned details about KMAT Kerala 2019 before appearing for the examination.