KMAT Kerala 2019 Syllabus – KMAT stands for Kerala Management Aptitude Test which is conducted by Kerala University twice a year, is a state level entrance exam to offer admission in MBA courses. The aspirants willing to appear for this exam must read this article in order to qualify for the exam. The KMAT Kerala Syllabus is prescribed by KPPGCA (Karnataka Private Post Graduate Colleges Association). In this article, we are going to discuss the KMAT Kerala Syllabus. The test papers are divided into four sections such as Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension, Logical Reasoning, Quantitative Ability, and General Awareness. Hence, the candidates who are dedicated to qualifying this exam must follow the syllabus that is explained below in details. Also, the candidates must strategize their study plan on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis also according to their convenience. Moreover, the candidates going through the KMAT Kerala syllabus must go through the exam pattern to learn how to manage the time as well as preparation will be easy. Hence the candidates must read this article in order to get the detail information KMAT Kerala 2019 Syllabus.
KMAT Kerala 2019 Syllabus Exam pattern
Before going further to the next section that is KMAT Kerala 2019 syllabus, let’s have the look at the exam pattern which is similar to the previous. Moreover, it is expected that the exam pattern will remain the same for the upcoming session. Let’s have a look on the exam pattern
- Mode of the exam: The test will be conducted offline that is pen – paper based.
- Duration of exam: The time allotted to complete the exam is 3 hours.
- Medium of question paper – The medium of the test paper will be English
- Types of questions asked – The test paper consist of objective type multiple choice question.
- Number of questions – The test paper will consist of 180 questions
- Total marks – The total marks is 720.
- Marking scheme – For each correct answer 4 marks are given and no marks are deducted for wrong answers.
KMAT Exam Pattern – Section-wise
|Sections||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks|
|English Language Usage & Reading Comprehension||50||200|
|Data Sufficiency & Logical Reasoning||40||160|
|General Knowledge & Contemporary Business Scenario||40||160|
KMAT Kerala 2019 Syllabus
Now let’s look into the KMAT syllabus section wise.
KMAT Kerala Syllabus for English Language and Reading Comprehension
This section consists of the following topics
- Spotting Errors
- Spelling Test
- Sentence Improvement
- Sentence Completion
- Sentence Arrangement
- Passage Completion
- Para Completion
- Joining Sentences
- Idioms and Phrases
- Fill in the blanks
- Error Correction (Underlined Part)
- Error Correction (Phrase in Bold)
- Active and Passive Voice
KMAT Kerala Syllabus for Data Sufficiency and Logical Reasoning
The topics of this section include
- Bar Graph
- Line Graph
- Combination of Graphs
- Venn Diagram
- Data Sufficiency
- Pie Chart
- Blood Relations
- Data Arrangements
KMAT Kerala Syllabus for Quantitative Aptitude
The topics included in this section are
- Arithmetic: LCM, HCF, Simplification, Number System, Ratio & Proportion, Percentage, etc.
- Algebra:Theory of Equations, Sequence & Series, Quadratic Equation, Permutation & Combination, etc.
- Geometry: Triangles, Angles, Circles, Lines, etc.
- Mensuration of Areas and Volumes: Spheres, Triangles, Rectangles, Circles, Cubes, Cones, Squares, Pipes, and Cistern, etc.
- Calculus: Maxima and Minima, Function
- Trigonometry: Trigonometric Ratios, Heights, and Distances, etc.
KMAT Kerala Syllabus for General Knowledge & Contemporary Business Scenario
To score good marks in this section the candidate is advised to read the newspaper daily, business journals and magazines.
- Personalities in News
- Social Developments
- Current Affairs of National and International Economics
- Trade Awareness
KMAT Kerala 2019 Syllabus – Preparation tips
The candidates willing to score good marks must strategize their study plan and make the timetable and must follow it strictly. To score good marks in the examination methods and techniques are given below:
- Go through the syllabus thoroughly
- Prepare timetable and strategize you study plan and follow accordingly.
- Solve as many as mock tests you can so that you can manage time accordingly.
- Refer best books and study materials as well as take suggestions from your seniors and mentors as to which book is good.
- Do revision regularly and most importantly do not start any new topics before the examination.
- Learn formulas and practice shortcuts so that you can solve the tricky questions easily.
- Develop strong basic and fundamental concepts as most of the questions are based on basic concepts.
List of best books to prepare for KMAT Kerala 2019
Once you have understood the syllabus and exam pattern, the candidates might be thinking about which books are best. To clear the doubts of the candidates the list of the books are given below. Refer the list and start your preparation.
- Quantitative Aptitude for CAT by Nishit Sinha
- Arun Sharma’s book for How to Prepare for Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension for CAT
- Quantitative Aptitude for Competitive Examinations by RS Aggarwal
- How to Prepare for Data Interpretation for the CAT by Arun Sharma
- Mission MBA MAT Mock tests & Solved papers by Tarun Goyal
- Verbal Ability by Wren and Martin
- Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension by Ajay Singh
The candidate can solve their queries related to the KMAT Kerala 2019 syllabus, you can leave your comment in the below given comment box.