Karnataka PGCET MBA 2019 – Karnataka Examination Authority organizes Karnataka PGCET every year. It is basically a state level entrance examination wherein the candidates apply to get admission in various courses like MBA, MCA, M.E, M.Tech, and M.Arch. PGCET or Karnataka Post Graduate Common Entrance Test is an entry gate for the aspirants who wish to appear for these courses in a wide range of colleges and universities in Karnataka state.
In this content, you will get to know about all the required and necessary information related to Karnataka PGCET MBA 2019. This includes important events and tentative dates, application form submission, registration process, eligibility criteria, pattern of the exam, complete syllabus, declaration of the result, downloading of admit card on the website, counseling of the selected candidates and the answers of various questions that persist in the minds of the candidates about this exam.
Karnataka PGCET MBA 2019 Important Date
Let’s get familiar with some of the significant events of Karnataka PGCET MBA 2019 with tentative dates as the applicants must know about the same before applying for this test.
|Karnataka PGCET MBA 2019 Events||Dates 2019|
|Opening date of application form||Third week of May|
|Closing date of online application form||First week of June|
|Issuance of hall ticket||Fourth week of June|
|Date of Exam||First week of July|
|Publish of answer key||Second week of July|
|Announcement of Result||Third week of August|
|Beginning of Counseling||First week of September|
Karnataka PGCET MBA Application Form 2019
All the candidates who have pulled up their socks to apply for Karnataka PGCET MBA 2019 are suggested to register for the exam within the given time and fill the application form correctly. Not only this, they first read the eligibility criteria for the exam and then proceed with this procedure of application form filling. There are certain points to remember while applying for PGCET MBA exam. Let’s have a look:
- The applicants need to fill the application form online by clicking on the official website and complete the procedure of registration online.
- The process of Karnataka PGCET application form 2019 will be commenced from the third week of May 2019 and the aspirants will have to manage for the registration before the end of the third week.
- The candidates need to register for the exam and fill the online application form before the closing of the online registration window in the first week of June 2019.
- The candidates are recommended to take utmost care at the time of filling the application form as a single error may cancel the registration. Also, note that there would not be any scope for modification of the mentioned details and the candidates may suffer if any incorrect information gets uploaded.
- The applicants will have to upload their recent and recognizable photograph, signature and the impression of Left Hand Thumb in JPEG format.
Karnataka PGCET MBA Application Fee 2019
- The application fee for Karnataka PGCET MBA 2019 will be Rs. 650/- which is for the category of General and OBC.
- For SC or ST and category-I of the state of Karnataka, the application fee will be Rs. 500/- only.
- The candidates can make the application through challan also which is required to be submitted in any of the branches of state bank of Mysore.
- There is also the provision of paying the application fee in various e-payment post offices. Thus, the applicants can do that without any hassle.
Karnataka PGCET MBA Eligibility Criteria 2019
The candidates will have to be very attentive while going through the eligibility criteria for Karnataka PGCET MBA 2019 as skipping even a single point and proceeding for registration process is not at all acceptable. The candidates who are planning to appear in Karnataka PGCET 2019 need to meet the below-mentioned eligibility criteria:
- The candidates of the state of Karnataka and those who do not belong to Karnataka can also apply for MBA course.
- The category of SC, ST, OBC, and Category-I is applicable to the candidates of Karnataka state only.
- The applicants of Karnataka state need to have the domicile of Karnataka.
- The candidates need to carry the Bachelor’s degree with the minimum duration of 3 years or some other equivalent examination.
- The candidates should attain at least 50% marks in their graduation in order to get eligible for this exam. Note that this percentage is for the general category applicants. Those who fall under SC, ST, and Category-I of the state of Karnataka need to possess 45% marks in their graduation exam.
- Those who are appearing in the final year of the graduation can also apply for Karnataka PGCET MBA 2019.
Karnataka PGCET MBA 2019 Exam Pattern
Below mentioned are the details of the exam pattern for Karnataka PGCET MBA 2019:
- The mode of the exam will be offline where the candidates will be given answer sheet and paper to solve the questions and tick mark the correct answers.
- The medium of question paper will be English language only.
- The Maximum marks of the paper will be 100.
- Time duration of 150 minutes will be granted to the candidates and they need to attempt all the questions within the given time only.
- The questions will be of multiple choice and the candidates need to tick mark the correct answers in the given sheet.
- There won’t be any provision of negative marking in this examination which means even if the candidate gives an incorrect answer, there will be no deduction of marks.
|Courses||Number of Questions||Total Marks|
Karnataka PGCET MBA Syllabus 2019
The conducting authority of the exam will make the syllabus for Karnataka PGCET MBA 2019 according to the subjects that are provided in the examination pattern. The overall syllabus for the courses like MBA or MCA or M.Tech or M.Arch will be uploaded on the official website of PGCET. For each course, the syllabus will be different and the applicants are suggested to first read the whole syllabus of the exam sincerely and then start preparing for the same. In order to score the best marks in the test, it is mandatory to know what to study. Visiting the website of PGCET and exploring the MBA course syllabus there will explicitly help the candidates to learn about the topics and the subjects well.
The organizing authority will publish the admit card of the exam on the official website. The candidates can get their hall ticket for Karnataka PGCET exam from the fourth week of June 2019. All they need to do is to enter their application number and date of birth on the given link and download their admit card from the website. The candidates are advised to keep their hall ticket safe till the whole procedure for admission gets over.
Karnataka PGCET MBA Result 2019
The applicants can see their result via online mode. For this also, they need to enter their login credentials on the website and they will be directed to the page where the application number and date of birth should be given. This way the candidates can access the Karnataka PGCET result 2019. It will be released by the conducting authority in the third week of August 2019.
The answer key of PGCET will be given by the organizing authority after 3 days of the examination. The candidates can easily get the access to the answer key in the second week of July 2019. The marks of written examination for PGCET MBA will be evaluated by the authority and a separate merit list will be made.
Karnataka PGCET MBA Counseling 2019
Karnataka PGCET counseling 2019 will be commenced from the first week of September 2019. The initial process of counseling will be online only. After that, the candidates will have to be present at the place of counseling in the given date and time.
The KEA will release all the details of candidates and also the number of selected seats that come under the reserved category for various courses like MBA, MCA, M.Arch, M.Tech and M.E once the last round of counseling gets over. The verification of the documents will be done and after that, the seats will be provided to the selected candidates.
Below mentioned are the documents that are required at the time of selection:
- Karnataka PGCET MBA 2019 admission ticket
- Hard copy of an application form
- Challan copy as an evidence for fee payment.
- SSLC Mark sheet
- II PUC Marks sheet
- Study certificate in order to prove that student has studied minimum period of seven years in Karnataka.
- Qualifying exam mark sheet
- Degree certificate/provisional degree certificate/course completion certificate
- Caste/Caste income certificate
- Two latest photograph
Frequently Asked Questions or FAQ’s
Question: Is it mandatory to have my own email Id and mobile number?
Answer: Yes, it is compulsory for the candidates who are applying for this exam to provide their personal email id and mobile number as all the intimation about the examination will be sent to the same.
Question: I do not belong to the state of Karnataka; can I still apply for this PGCET exam 2019?
Answer: Yes, you can definitely appear for the exam but the seats will be allotted by the management authority for MBA and other courses.
Question: Is there any clause of reservation criteria for the applicants of other states?
Answer: No, only the candidates of Karnataka state who fall under the category of reservation are eligible to fill the form.
Question: Do the candidates who possess valid GATE score card need to appear in PGCET?
Answer: No. The candidates who have already the GATE score card need not to apply for Karnataka PGCET examination.
Question: What are the documents that the candidate need to submit along with online application form?
Answer: With online application form, the candidates need not attach any document as there is no requirement for the same.
Question: Can I apply for PGCET exam if I have backlog in my final the year?
Answer: No, you cannot appear in this exam as the students who have backlog are not allowed to apply for PGCET.
Question: Is there any provision of negative marking?
Answer: Yes, there is the clause of negative marking in this exam. One mark will be cut for every wrong answer.
Hope you will get the valuable information about Karnataka PGCET MBA exam 2019 in this article. Right from the admission process and registration to the important dates, eligibility criteria, pattern, syllabus, hall ticket result and counselling details, everything is mentioned here. Just go through the content and in case of any doubt, your queries and suggestions will be greeted here.