IRMA 2019 – IRMA commonly known as Institute of Rural Management, convenes an entrance test every year known as IRMA SAT. This entrance test i.e. IRMA 2019 will be conducted for the candidates who have completed their graduation and seeking for the postgraduate programs Post Graduate Diploma in Rural Management (PGDRM) and Fellow Program in Rural Management (FPRM). This exam will be facilitated across the nation in various cities for the total number of 240 seats. Apart from the Indian students, the foreign students can also participate in this exam on the basis of their CAT/ XAT/ GMAT score. Even the students from India who will appear in CAT/ XAT/ GMAT will just need to qualify Social Concern Issues test to get admission through IRMA 2019. It is mandatory for the candidates to first check the eligibility criteria before filling the application form that has been released from 18th September 2018 and will continue until 31st December 2018 for the candidates willing to pursue Post Graduate Diploma in Rural Management from IRMA. Apart from eligibility criteria, candidates need to know the important dates of every event related to IRMA SAT, application form, exam date, exam centres, result, selection etc. and further, to gain all these information in detail, all the candidates need to scrutinize the article thoroughly.
IRMA 2019 Latest Updates
IRMA 2019 Application Form has been released Click Here to fill application form
IRMA 2019 Key Highlights
|Name of Exam||IRMA SAT|
|Apex Body||Institute of Rural Management Anand (IRMA)|
|Exam Type||Post- Graduate Entrance Exam|
|Frequency||Once in a year|
|Mode of Exam||CBT (Computer-based Test)|
|Duration of Exam||120 Minutes/ 80 Minutes for CAT/XAT/GMAT Scorecard Holders|
|S.No.||IRMA 2019 Events||Exam Dates|
|1||Date of Application form||18th September 2018|
|2||Last submission date of the application form (for Indians)||31st December 2018|
|3||Last submission date of application form (Foreign nationals)||to be announced by the conducting body|
|4||Social Concern Test issues||2nd week of February 2019|
|5||Information about Group Activities and Personal Interview||3rd week of February 2019|
|6||Final group activities and Personal Interview||1st week to the 2nd week of March 2019|
|7||Announcement date for final results||4th week of March 2019|
- The IRMA 2019 application form for PGDRM program can be obtained through online mode.
- The window for application form has been started from 18th September 2018 through online mode
- The last date for submission of application form is until 31st December 2018 for Indian candidates and for foreign nationals, the last date for the submission of application form is yet to be announced by the examination conducting authority.
Online Process of Filling the Application Form for PGDRM Program
- Go to the official website of IRMA.
- Initiate with the registration by entering the basic personal details such as name, valid email id, mobile number etc. to generate USER ID and PASSWORD.
- Feed the application form with your personal as well as academic details.
- Upload the scanned images of photograph and signature in the predefined format i.e. of size not more than 512 KB.
- Candidates belonging to the reserved category i.e. OBC(Non-creamy)/SC/ST/DAP have to upload their category certificate with the size not more than 1 MB.
- Go ahead with the last step of paying the application fee of Rs. 1500/- for general category candidates and for the reserved category applicants, the application fee is Rs. 750/- to be submitted along with the application form before the deadline in online mode.
Online & Offline Application Fee Payment Modes
Choose the apt payment gateway to submit the application fee via appropriate medium if you choose to pay offline. The candidates can visit any of the SB branches and make the SBI challan of the fee amount to submit the same for offline application mode. The challan will be made in favor of IRMA and payable at “Anand”
The fee structure for application form would be:
|Category||General and OBC||SC/ST/DAP||BPL||Foreigners|
|Fee||INR 1500||INR 750||Nil||INR 2000|
Eligibility Criteria for PRM or PG Diploma in Rural Management:
The candidates who have completed their graduation in any of the streams with a minimum education of 10+2+3 education and scored at least 50% marks in aggregate can appear for the IRMA 2019 examination. But, for the candidates, who fall under the category of SC or ST or DAP, 45% marks are required for the eligibility. The overall percentage calculation of the total marks is calculated through the process of the university or institute. In the colleges or universities where the provision of changing the CGPA into the equivalent marks, the pattern of IRMA’s should be followed. This pattern says that the scored CGPA is divided with the maximum CGPA and then the score is multiplied by 100.
Eligibility Criteria for FRM or Fellow Programme in Rural Management:
The aspirants are expected to have completed the Graduation in any of the streams from the reputed university and attain at least 55% score at the Post Graduation level and 50% marks at the graduation level. Those who have done the professional course of five years in medicine, architecture or veterinary science through some acclaimed university only and carry at least one year experience are also eligible for the exam. Apart from this, the applicants need to carry the degree of four-year professional course in engineering and agricultural science with the minimum of 60% marks in aggregate and also the work experience of 3 years.
The candidates who have achieved the score of UGC JRF into the related streams in various disciplines like commerce, sociology, economics, social work psychology, Management, etc. can also appear for IRMA 2019. If the candidate comes under the reserved categories of SC or ST or OBC, he or she will be granted the relaxation of 5% marks as eligibility criteria.
IRMA 2019 Age Criteria
The age criteria for IRMA demand the candidates be less than 20 years at the time of appearing for the examination. Those who are more than 20 years of age cannot apply for this test.
IRMA Reservation Criteria
The conducting body follows the reservation criteria laid by the effective regulatory body. Below table will help the aspirants have an idea of reservation criteria of IRMA 2019.
The exam pattern of IRMA 2018 is expected to remain same as the previous year. Check out the below information to get knowledge of the exam pattern:
|Exam Mode||Computer-based Test|
|Exam Duration||2 Hours (120 Minutes)|
|No. of Questions||200|
|Type of Questions||MCQs (Multiple Type Questions)|
|Marking Scheme||+1 for Each Correct Answer -0.25 for Each Wrong Answer|
Section-wise Division of Question Paper
- Quantitative Ability – 50 questions
- Issues of Social Concern – 60 questions
- English Comprehension – 40 questions
- Analytical Reasoning – 50 questions
IRMA Exam Pattern for CAT/XAT/GMAT Scorecard Holders
- Separate IRMA SAT Test will be conducted for such candidates.
- The duration of their test will be 80 minutes.
- The question paper will consist of 40 questions.
- Marking scheme will remain unchanged i.e. +1 for right answer and -0.25 for wrong answer.
The syllabus of IRMA 2019 will be helpful to the candidates in planning their study accordingly. As we know, this exam is divided into 4 sections; hence, the below tables will assist you in understanding the topics aspirants need to cover while studying for IRMA 2019:
IRMA Syllabus for Quantitative Ability
|Work Time Analysis||Mixtures & Allegations|
|Time & Speed||Statistics|
|Profit & Loss||Permutation & Combination|
IRMA Syllabus for Verbal & Logical (Analytical) Reasoning
|Multi-Dimensional Arrangements||Statements and Conclusion|
|Codes||Series / Arrangements|
IRMA Syllabus for English Comprehension
Important Topics in Issues of Social Concern
|Economy of India and problems pertaining to National Income and per capita income||Social and economic issues relating to poverty, inequality, employment, and literacy|
|Human Development Index and its developments||RTI|
|Agriculture, farming, livestock production and management||Public Health Issues inclusive of health education and health care|
|Poverty alleviation and methods to combat||Natural calamities and disaster management|
|National threats and security analysis||Five Year Plan|
The candidates who have passed all the eligibility criteria of IRMA need to take the admit card through online mode.
- Simply visit the official website of IRMA.
- Click on the link ‘Download IRMA Admit Card’
- Admit Card will appear on the screen.
- Take the 2-3 printouts of the admit card for further reference.
All the candidates should carry their valid photo ID proofs with the admit card while appearing at the exam center. The admit card should be preserved until the admission process gets over.
IRMA 2019 will be facilitated by the conducting body in all the major cities of India to ensure the maximum participation of the examinees. The exam centres will be allotted as per the preference of the students expressed while filling the application form.
Check the below table to know the cities which are to be designated to conduct IRMA 2019:
|List of Exam Centres|
|Hyderabad / Rangareddy / Secunderabad||Udaipur||Kochi / Ernakulam|
|Guwahati / Ri Boi / Mirza||Ranchi||Vishakhapatnam|
|Greater Kolkata / Kalyani||Nagpur||Bhubaneswar / Cuttack / Khurda|
|Chennai||Raipur / Bhilai / Durg||Pune / Pimpri Chinchwad / Talegaon|
|Chandigarh / Mohali / Panchkula||Patna / Hajipur / Bihta||Thiruvananthapuram|
|Bhopal / Vidisha||Mumbai / Navi Mumbai / Thane||Indore / Dewas|
|Bangalore / Tumkur||Lucknow / Barabanki / Sitapur / Unnao||Delhi NCR (Ghaziabad, Faridabad, Gurgaon, Noida, Greater Noida)|
|Anand / Changa / VV Nagar||Jaipur||Varanasi|
IRMA 2019 Admissions Rules
IRMA offers the admission for the post graduation course. The course for PRM admission will be a full time 2 years and that for FPRM is a full time 7 Years.
For Indian Nationals:
- The candidates who are applying for the test from online mode are expected to make the payment of Rs. 1200/- for a single programme (if he or she comes in the category of General or OBC) and Rs. 600/- (if he or she belongs to the category of SC or ST or DAP). The applicants who are aspiring to appear for both the programmes will have to pay Rs. 1600/- (if they belong to the category of Gen or OBC) and Rs. 800/- (if they come under the category of SC or ST or DAP).
- The candidates who are submitting the form through offline mode will have to arrange for the Demand Draft of Rs 1275/- for a programme (if he or she belongs to the category of Gen and OBC) and Rs. 675/- (if he or she belongs to the category of SC or ST or DAP). The candidates who are appearing for both the programmes will have to submit the payment of Rs. 1670/- (in case he or she comes under Gen and OBC Category) and Rs. 870/- (if he or she belongs to the category of SC or ST or DAP).
For Overseas Candidates
- The overseas candidates are required to submit the application fee of Rs. 2000/- at the time of online application for the test.
The result will be published on the official website in the 4th week of March 2019. Below steps will help students check their result:
- Go to the official website of IRMA.
- Click on the link for ‘IRMA 2018 Result’.
- The scorecard will display on the screen.
- Take 2-3 printouts of the scorecard.
- The result of IRMA 2019 will be followed by the cutoff.
- Both the cutoffs i.e. sectional and overall will be considered.
- Only those candidates will be shortlisted for admission round who meet or go beyond the cutoff.
Below is the expected cutoff of IRMA 2019 which will help candidates assume the scenario in a better way:
Note- The cutoff marks shown in the table are given out of 100.
The selected candidates through IRMA 2019 will have to log in the official website of IRMA to verify the counselling dates. The applicants who are shortlisted for counselling are expected to possess their original certificates original and mark sheet with them at the time of counselling. Imagine the case where the candidate fails to obtain the above-mentioned documents like certificates and mark then and there without any delay. The time when the procedure of counselling will begin is March 2019.
IRMA 2019 Merit List
The final merit list of IRMA 2019 will be prepared on the basis of marks scored by the candidates in IRMA SAT/ CAT/ XAT, GD & PI rounds. The expected weighatge can be assumed with the help of the below table:
Merit List for Indian Students
|Academic Performance Rating (10th, 12th 5 and Graduation)||5|
|Diversity Rating (Gender, Sports, Extra Curricular and Academic Background)||5|
Merit List for Foreign Students
With this, the IRMA aspirants will explicitly get the description of everything right from the admission process, dates of the important events, selection criteria of the candidates and their eligibility details to the age criteria, a process of applying, admit card, result, counselling procedure and what not.