IRMA 2019 Syllabus – Institute of Rural Management Anand (IRMA) is an entrance test conducted on a rotational basis that offers Post Graduate Diploma in Rural Management (PGDRM) and Fellow Program in Rural Management (FPRM). The entrance test of IRMA is conducted across 27 cities in the country and the total number of seats offered is 240. The candidates willing to pursue PGDRM and FPRM must apply for the entrance test of IRMA 2019. Besides all these, the candidates must be aware of the IRMA 2019 Syllabus that will help them prepare for the IRMA 2019.
The syllabus of IRMA 2019 will remain the same as per previous year as rarely any changes are made in it. The IRMA 2019 Syllabus will cover all the topics that include sex ratio, health issues, rural and urban population, Indian Economy, human rights etc. Therefore, the candidates will get all the reliable information related to the syllabus of IRMA 2019 Syllabus, exam pattern etc. in this article.
IRMA 2019 Syllabus Details
The candidates who are eagerly waiting for the opportunity to get into the college that provide post graduation programs in PGDRM and FPRM must apply for IRMA 2019 entrance exam. But before that, the aspirants must check out the syllabus and exam pattern to clear their concept regarding this. Moreover, going through the article will help the candidate in having the idea of syllabus and exam pattern that will help them during the exam and in scoring high marks too. Therefore, moving to the next topic, let’s have a look at the topics that IRMA 2019 Syllabus covers:
- Sex Ratio
- Short-Term Migration
- Health Issues
- Environmental Issues
- Employment and Literacy
- Indian Economy
- IRDP Schemes
- Human Rights
- Gender and Social Group
- Women-Oriented Schemes
- Rural and Urban Population
- Educational Initiatives of the Government
- Social and Economic Development
Books for Issue of Social Concern
- Social and Ethical Aspects of Radiation Risk Management – Deborah Oughton
- GK and Issues of Social Concern – Wiley
IRMA 2019 Syllabus for Analytical Reasoning
Candidate’s problem-solving and decision-making ability will be checked by asking the questions from the section of analytical reasoning. Therefore, all the aspirants must solve the questions based on the topics that are mentioned below:
- Statement and Conclusion
- Family Tree
- Critical Reasoning
- Arguments etc.
Book for the Preparation for Analytical Reasoning
- Analytical Reasoning and Logical Reasoning – Peeyush Bhardwaj
- Analytical Reasoning – MK Pandey
IRMA 2019 Syllabus for Quantitative Ability
The questions asked from this section are based on the topics which are below-cited. Moreover, question from this section aims at checking the mathematical solving ability of the candidates. Mostly, the complex and tricky questions are asked herein:
- Time & Speed
- Profit & Loss
- Permutation & Combination
- Mixtures & Allegations
- Work Time Analysis
- Simple Interest
- Compound Interest etc.
IRMA 2019 Syllabus for English Comprehension
Candidates to acquire good marks in this section must start solving questions from the topics which are mentioned below in the bullets form. However, question asked from this section tests the writing skills, grammar, etc of the candidates. Thus, let’s have a glimpse of the topics given below:
- Fill in the Blanks
- Reading Comprehension
- Error Correction
- Jumbled Paragraph etc.
Book for the Preparation for English Comprehension
- English Language & Comprehension Skill – Sachchida Nand Jha
- English Grammar & Comprehension – Dr. N.D.V Prasad Rao
Preparation Books of IRMA 2019
- Pratiyogita Darpan – Indian Economy
- Kurukshetra Magazine
- OMETs by TIME
- Yojana Magazine
- Manorama and CSR Year Book
Highlights of IRMA Exam Pattern 2019
Before proceeding further, the candidates must also be aware of the exam pattern. The candidates got the idea of syllabus or topic covered under it. Now, it is time to focus on the exam pattern that is also as important as syllabus:
- Mode of Exam– The exam will be conducted through online mode i.e. computer-based exam will be conducted.
- Name of the Exam– The name of the exam is ISC i.e. Issues of Social Concern.
- Time Duration– The exam of IRMA is conducted for 80 minutes.
- Total No. of Questions– There is total no. of 40 questions asked in the IRMA exam.
- Negative Marking- The candidates will score 1 mark for each correct answer whereas, for an incorrect answer, ¼ marks will be deducted.
Tips for the Preparation of IRMA 2019
- The candidates willing to pursue PGDRM or FPRM must get the proper and in-depth knowledge of the exam.
- The question asked in the exam is in paragraph form and mainly related to social awareness. Therefore, the candidates must be aware of the social issues or contemporary issues etc.
- The candidates must read articles and remain updated with all the current news.
- Moreover, the candidates must practice previous years question papers or sample paper and go for the mock test too in order to acquire good marks in the exam.
- Above all, the candidates must make the study chart and follow it accordingly.
The entrance test of IRMA is conducted on a rotational basis for the postgraduate programs like PGDRM and FPRM. The aspirants after reading the article will get the exact idea of IRMA 2019 Syllabus, exam pattern and preparation tips for the exam. The candidates who have made the mindset to clear this entrance exam anyhow must practice question papers of previous years and mock test paper as it will be very much beneficial for them. Besides this, if the aspirant finds any confusion in understanding anything can drop their query in the comment section and wait for the reply from our team of educators.