IIM Shillong Admission Criteria 2019– The admission criteria of IIM Shillong will be released after the declaration of result of CAT/GMAT/GRE/UGC JRF/GATE 2018. The candidates before applying for IIM shillong must check either the aspirants meet or fulfill the cutoff percentile released by IIM Shillong or not. The IIM Shillong Admission criteria 2019 involve 2 phases. In the first phase, the candidates based on above-mentioned exam’s score get shortlisted for the further round. In the second phase, the shortlisted candidates are called for Group Discussion (GD) and Personal Interview (PI) round. After the completion of all the rounds conducted by IIM Shillong, the final merit list is prepared by calculating the composite score. Moreover, the candidates must know that the composite score is calculated on the basis of CAT/GMAT/GRE/UGC JRF/GATE score depending on the program the candidates apply for, performance in GD and PI rounds, work experience and previous academic record.
Therefore, the candidates are recommended to read the article in order to get the detailed information about the IIM Shillong Admission Criteria 2019 for each program, programs offered in IIM Shillong, cutoff percentile and other such details.
Programs Offered in IIM Shillong
- Post Graduate Program in Management (PGPM)
- Fellow Program in Management (FPM)
- Post Graduate Program for Executives- Managing Business in India and China (PGPEx-MBIC)
IIM Shillong Admission Criteria 2019 in Detail
It is already mentioned above the programs that are offered in the IIM Shillong. Now, it is necessary for the candidates to know the admission criteria for each program, so that they can go for their choice of program or course. Now, let’s have a glimpse of admission criteria for each program:
IIM Shillong Admission Criteria 2019 for PGPM Program
- The candidates must have appeared in the entrance test of CAT or GMAT exam
- Based on the CAT score, the candidates get shortlisted for the WAT and PI round.
- The final selection is done based on the score obtained in the above-mentioned exam and interview.
IIM Shillong Admission Criteria 2019 for FPM Program
- The candidates after appearing in the CAT/GMAT/GRE/UGC JRF/GATE exam will get shortlisted for the further round. Moreover, not only the score of the above-mentioned program but also the academic record matters for shortlisting the candidates.
- Secondly, the shortlisted candidates are called for Personal Interview. After which the final selection of the candidates for FPM program is done.
IIM Shillong Admission Criteria 2019 for PGPEx Program
- The candidate for the PGPEx program should have appeared in the CAT (for Indian Nationals) and GMAT (for Foreign Nationals) and they also need to submit the application form that includes the work experience and previous academic record of the candidates.
- The candidates, if fulfilling the above-cited criteria will get shortlisted and will be called to attend the Executive Assessment Centre i.e. EAC.
IIM Shillong Admission Criteria 2019 for Shorlisting the candidates for GD and PI Round- Phase 1
The candidates based on the score obtained in above-mentioned exam get shortlisted and are called for Group Discussion (GD) and Personal Interview (PI) rounds. The cutoff criteria of IIM Shillong vary on the category-wise. Therefore, let’s go through the following table to have the proper idea about the expected cutoff criteria for shortlisting the candidates for GD and PI rounds.
|Category||SSC Percentage||HSC Percentage||Graduation Percentage||VRC Percentage||DILR Percentage||QA Percentage|
Here, VARC– Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension
DILR– Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning
QA– Quantitative Analysis
IIM Shillong Final Admission Criteria 2019- Phase 2
The final merit list for the candidates to get into IIM Shillong is prepared on the basis of CAT score along with the score acquired by the candidates in GD and PI rounds. The candidates based on the score obtained in CAT exam and GD and PI round will be ranked accordingly to get admission in IIM Shillong.
Criteria for Preparing the Final Merit List for IIM Shillong
|S.No.||Components||Weightage (in Percentage)|
|1.||CAT score||30 percent|
|2.||Performance in PI||50 percent|
|3.||Performance in GD||20 percent|
Expected Cutoff based on the Performance of Candidates in GD and PI Round for Preparing Merit List
The cutoff on the performance of candidates in GD and PI round for the year 2019 is not released yet. So, the below-mentioned in the table is the expected cutoff percentile as per the previous year. Moreover, the candidates must have the idea that cutoff varies category-wise. Therefore, let’s have a look at it.
|Categories||Minimum Cutoff Percentage of the candidates’ Performance in GD and PI round|
|Others (OT)||30 Percent|
About IIM Shillong Admission Criteria 2019
The candidates willing to pursue above-mentioned program from IIM Shillong must read the article to know more information related to the admission criteria of IIM Shillong for the year 2019, expected cutoff percentile, final selection criteria etc. The candidates need to check the cutoff percentile and to apply for the IIM Shillong. Therefore, the candidates are recommended to go through the article carefully and for more information, one can leave the query in the comment section mentioned below.