IIFT 2019 Selection Procedure – With the release of the IIFT 2019 scorecard which has been released on 25th January 2019 and the list of the shortlisted candidates for the second round, candidates must get ready to participate in selection procedure round wherein candidates have to go through Writing Ability Test (WAT) to test the writing skills, grammar, vocabulary of the candidates etc. Post completion of WAT round, candidates have to appear in the Group Discussion (GD) round in which candidates’ leadership and negotiation skills, awareness of the latest updates, knowledge of any particular topic will be checked. And lastly, those candidates who will clear both the rounds of WAT and GD will be sent to participate in the Personal Interview round. In the end, the final merit list will be released containing the name of the candidates who can take admission in any of the three campuses of IIFT for MBA in International Business (IB). Thus, to know the comprehensive information about IIFT 2019 selection procedure, read the article thoroughly and also keep tracking our website for fetching the latest updates.
- IIFT result has been declared on 25th January 2019.
- The Group Discussion/ Personal Interview Rounds will be obtained at numerous centres all over India.
- Foreign Nationals can apply straight away through GMAT Score, without showing up for IIFT Exam.
- The selection rounds for the candidates will begin after the release of the scorecard and the list of shortlisted candidates for the second round which has been done on 25th January 2019.
- The qualifying candidates, who secure the minimum IIFT cut off, will proceed to further selection stages.
- The shortlisted candidates’ lists can be checked online through official website.
IIFT 2019 Selection Criteria Weightage
The IIFT 2019 Selection Criteria Weightage for all the three selection stages is:
* From the 20% given to personal Interview, 2% will be awarded to gender diversity. So, the interview of male candidates will carry the weightage of 18%.
IIFT 2019 Selection Procedure Criteria
The IIFT 2019 selection procedure includes 3 main steps. Each round goes about as a channel to shortlist the most deserving candidates. The candidates, who make it till the end, spare themselves a seat in IIFT Delhi/Kolkata campus. Here are points of interest for IIFT 2019 Selection criteria for your reference:
Stage 1- Written Test (IIFT Examination)
- For IIFT Examination 2019, candidates had to register themselves until 24th September 2018
- Candidates are advised to solve the previous year question papers and take mock tests online for the purpose of preparation for the written exam.
- IIFT Examination is conducted in paper and pen mode.
- The total number of questions ranges from 120-125 each year. MUST CHECK THE IIFT EXAM PATTERN.
- IIFT 2019 Exam has been conducted on 2nd December 2018.
- The question paper is drafted into four sections (English Comprehension, Logical Reasoning, General Awareness, and Quantitative Analysis) and each of the sections has a different cut-off pattern.
Stage 2- Essay Writing
- Candidates, who are shortlisted on the basis of their score in IIFT examination, are then will be called for the next round of selection procedure i.e. Essay Writing.
- The word limit for the Essay Writing is 300 words and the average time for this round is 20 minutes.
- In this stage, the candidates will be tested on the basis of their conceptual knowledge and excellent writing skills about the topics presented.
- To prepare for this round, it is very important for the candidates to read newspapers on the daily basis, especially the business and economic sections.
- Also, one should develop the habit of reading magazines and books from various genres, to develop the thinking process.
The essay, which is well-composed, consists of the clearly defined introduction, a middle body and a strong conclusion of the topic presented which is the second stage of selection criteria in the IIFT 2019 selection procedure. The candidates must be able to put one’s thoughts into exact words and also are advised to write the ample number of essay pieces, covering some of the most important topics.
The frequently asked questions in IIFT Essay Writing
- Is disinvestment in profit making PSU’s advisable?
- British Raj in India was good or bad.
- Should CSR be made mandatory?
- Child rights in India.
- Business and ethics don’t go hand in hand these days.
- Moral policing is an obstruction to country’s art and culture.
- Essential services like water, electricity should not be privatized.
- Union Budget is a useless exercise and activities like recession put it off-track.
Stage 3- Group Discussion and Personal Interview
Group Discussion & Personal Interview stages are projected as the last steps to selection through IIFT Exam 2019. Some of the key highlights of the same are mentioned below.
|IIFT 2019||IIFT group discussion||IIFT Personal Interview|
|The Average Time||5-10 minutes||5-10 minutes|
|No. of Participants||7-10||1|
|No. of Panelist||02||03|
- Group discussion is conducted to check the ability of the candidate also how he interacts with the other participants and also the content delivery by the candidates belongs to the topic or not.
- Group discussion round is also conducted to test how the candidate work in a team.
- Also, to test for an inclination to take initiative or charge.
- In the group discussion, the candidates are divided into the groups of 7 or so and then they are given a topic related to any business affairs or the current affairs to discuss on.
- Candidates must have a positive attitude and a tendency to rectify conflicts.
- The Candidates are judged on the basis of their skills and ability to initiate proceedings. How a candidate reacts with the other group members while discussing on the particular topic. The one who initiate others to share their opinions about the topic given and also the ability to conclude the topic by summarizing the important points of discussion and who bring the Group Discussion to a meaningful end.
- The candidate should keep in mind the above mentioned points to crack the interview.
The frequently Topics Given for IIFT GD Round
- India versus Bharat: a divided nation
- The recent financial crisis highlights the perils of Capitalism
- Banning politicians with criminal records from contesting elections are against their right
- Women’s Reservation Bill
- Personal Interview is the last process in the IIFT 2019 selection procedure which is aimed at getting to know about the candidate, that who the candidate really is, as an individual.
- The interviewer wants to know about the candidate communication skills.
- The one holding the creative skills, remarkable personality and the one who very well knows how to deal with the different situations are the basic parameters which are looked in the candidates.
- If the candidate who knows how to be calm and composed without getting frustrated under the pressure has more chances to be get selected.
- The candidate should know the answers to some very basic questions such as “introduce yourself”, “what strengths and weaknesses are you holding” and “why we should choose you”.
- Candidates are needed to be prepared for such questions which are asked to break the ice during the interview. It will give the bad impression on the interviewer if the candidates are not prepared with these simple questions.
- The candidate is required to go through his profile, as he can ask to justify anything that has been mentioned in the profile and must have a reasonable explanation for the same.
IIFT 2019 Selection Procedure for Foreign Nationals
- The candidates falling under the category of Non-Resident Indians (NRI) or who belong to Foreign Nationals are also eligible to apply for IIFT 2019 examination.
- These candidates can apply straight away through their GMAT(General Management Aptitude Test) Score, without showing up for IIFT Exam.
- The ones seeking admissions into MBA (IB), their GMAT result must reach the institute latest by 3rd week of February 2018.
Centers for Selection Process
The candidates must report to the allotted centre on time in the designated city for these rounds. The cities where the further rounds of the selection process are conducted are –
After the completion of these rounds, the final merit list of selected students will be declared by The Indian Institute of Foreign Trade on their official website. This is the most comprehensive information about IIFT selection procedure 2019. Post your further queries in the comment section to get a response from our experts.