IGNOU OPENMAT 2019 – IGNOU OPENMAT is a common entrance test which is conducted every year by the conducting body i.e. Indira Gandhi National Open University for the candidates to seek admission in postgraduate management program and other PG Diploma programs. The entrance test of IGNOU OPENMAT is conducted in two sessions first one will be conducted in the month of August 2018 and second in February 2019. Now, the one to be conducted in the August Session is known as OPENMAT XLIV and the examination to be conducted in the February session of 2019 known as OPENMAT XLV. The candidates to apply for any of the above-mentioned exams must check the eligibility criteria and important dates as by checking the eligibility criteria, the candidates can easily know what the requirement is and going through the important dates will help them to remain updated with each event of IGNOU OPENMAT and not to get delayed. At last, candidates are advised to go through the article carefully to acquire the relevant information about IGNOU OPENMAT 2019, important dates, application form, admit card, exam, result, selection procedure etc.
Before moving further, let’s see the number of management programmes offered by IGNOU:
- MBA (Master of Business Administration)
- PGDFM (PG Diploma in Financial Management)
- PGDOM (PG Diploma in Operations Management)
- PGDMM (PG Diploma in Marketing Management)
- DIM (Diploma in Management)
- PGDIM (PG Diploma in Management)
- PGDHRM (PG Diploma in Human Resource Management)
- PGDFMP (Post-Graduate Diploma in Financial Markets Practice)
The above-mentioned programmes consist of technology aided delivery systems and multi-media designs. There are various study centers for these programmes across the country. The admission of the students for these mentioned courses to acquire diploma and degree in the Management programmes will start from Jul 2019 through an entrance exam that will be held in the month of February 2019.
Important Dates for IGNOU OPENMAT 2019-2020
|Events of IGNOU OPENMAT 2019||Important Dates for XLIV||Important Dates for XLV|
|Releasing Date of the application form||22nd October 2018 (Released)||3rd Week of December 2018|
|Last date for the submission of the application form||15th November 2018||4th Week of January 2019|
|Date for generating the IGNOU OPENMAT Admit Card||3rd Week of November 2018||At the End of January 2019|
|Date of Examination||4th Week of November 2018||Beginning of February 2019|
|Announcement of Result||2nd week of December 2018||2nd week of June 2019|
|Deadline for filling the application form 2||At the end of December 2018, End of May 2019||At the end of June 2019, At the end of December 2019|
Click here to fill IGNOU 2019 Application form – XLIV
Application Form for IGNOU 2019 (Released) – XLIV
The candidates can easily avail the IGNOU OPENMAT 2019 Application form Student Handbook and Prospectus from the official website of the university. The applicants can conveniently get the prospectus and Student Handbook for Management Programme-2019. They need to contact the Director or SSC IGNOU, Maidan Garhi, New Delhi-110068 and also from all the Regional Centres of IGNOU by depositing Rs.1050/- each through DD or IPO in favour of IGNOU payable at New Delhi City of concerned Regional Centre. The cash payment of Rs 1000/- is also taken at various respective counters.
Now, when you have read about all the important facts and relevant information about IGNOU OPENMAT 2019, your confidence level will certainly be on the higher side and you will push your efforts to start the preparations of the exam from today itself. Note that the date of the application form submission should be remembered by you else all your hard work and preparations will go in vain this year.
IGNOU OPENMAT 2019- Programs Offered
Candidates after clearing the entrance test of IGNOU OPENMAT can get into IGNOU University for pursuing of the management programs that are mentioned-below. Therefore, candidates must go through the following and apply for the one, of their choice.
- Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- Post-Graduate Diploma in Marketing Management (PGDMM)
- Post-Graduate Diploma in Financial Management (PGDFM)
- Post-Graduate Diploma in Human Resource Management (PGDHRM)
- Post-Graduate Diploma in Operations Management (PGDOM)
- Post-Graduate Diploma in Financial Markets Practice (PGDFMP)
It is quite recommended to the candidates who aspire to apply for IGNOU OPENMAT 2019 to be aware of the eligibility criteria, else the important facts will be missed out and the candidate will get the surprise at the time of submitting the application form. Those who are not in the habit of reading various initial requirements of the entrance test or exam will have to bear the consequences at the time of registration. Let’s throw some light on the major points of eligibility criteria for the exam:
- The candidates need to be graduate with 50% marks in general category and 45% marks in reserved category and also carry the three years experience of the managerial or supervisory or professional course.
- The applicants need to possess the professional degree with the minimum marks of 50% in the field of Medicine, Engineering, Cost, and Works Accountancy (ICWA), Chartered Accountancy (ICAI), Company Secretaryship (ICSI) or Law
- There is no age limit for this examination.
- Mode – the entrance test of IGNOU OPENMAT 2019 will be conducted in online mode.
- of Questions – the total number of 200 questions will be asked in IGNOU OPENMAT 2019 exam
- Sections – questions will be based on 4 sections which are cited below.
- Time Duration – candidates will be given 3 hours or 180 minutes to complete the exam.
- Marking Scheme – For the correct answer, candidates will be given 1 mark and for attempting the incorrect answer, there will be no negative marking.
|Section Name||Number of Questions|
- Quantitative Ability – The questions asked from this section aim at checking the mathematical skills of the candidates. Therefore, candidates for this section must solve the problem based on the topics that are mentioned below:
- LCM and HCF
- Arithmetic Progression
- Geometric Progression
- Ratio and Proportions
- Permutation & Combination
- Number System
- Statistics etc.
- General Knowledge – This section comprises of questions that are based on the current happenings. Therefore, candidates ought to stay updated with all the latest updates of the areas which are mentioned below:
- World – countries, the world economy, summits, organizations etc.
- Trade – Import, Export, Balance of Trade etc.
- Current Affairs (India) – History, Geography, Constitution, famous people, politics, Government, Achievements etc.
- Industry – Statistics, CEO etc.
- Science – Physics, Chemistry (basic concepts), Biology, and its applications.
- English Language – Candidates for obtaining good marks in the section of English Language must solve questions from the topics given-below. However, questions asked from this section tests the writing skills, grammar, etc. Therefore, let’s check out the topics covered under this section:
- Fill in the Blanks
- Reading Comprehension
- Sentence Correction
- Reasoning – The questions asked from this section measures the problem-solving and decision-making ability of the candidates. Thus, let’s have a glimpse of the topics based on which the candidates should practice the questions:
- Symbol-based Problems
- Coding and Decoding
- Cause and Effect
- Family Tree
- Statements and Conclusions
- Assertions and Reasons
- Statements and Assumption
- Critical Reasoning
- Visual Reasoning etc.
- First of all, strategize the proper study plan after going through syllabus and exam pattern.
- For Quantitative Ability and Reasoning Section, watch the Youtube videos and also purchase books of best author for learning different methods and tricks for solving the complex questions.
- Also, solve the question papers of the previous years to analyze the overall pattern of the test paper, the difficulty level of the exam etc.
- For English Language section, start reading novels, articles, and English newspapers to enhance the word power. Also, solve the questions based on Grammar. Further, for reading comprehension, solve 3-4 passage a day.
- To acquire the highest marks in General Knowledge, read newspapers, magazines, journals on a regular basis.
- Lastly, stay calm and confident.
The admit card for IGNOU OPENMAT 2019 will be released after 3-4 weeks of the successful submission of the application form. For IGNOU OPENMAT XLIV, the admit card will be released in the month of November 2018 and that for IGNOU OPENMAT XLV, candidates will be able to generate the admit card in the month of February 2019. Further, to appear in the entrance test of IGNOU OPENMAT 2019, candidates have to carry their admit card as an identity proof. Later on, at the time of selection procedure, candidates have to provide the hard copy of admit card along with other documents. Therefore, candidates ought to keep safe their admit card until they seek admission in IGNOU for the postgraduate management program. Now, let’s go through the steps required to follow for downloading the admit card:
- Make a visit to the official website of IGNOU
- Click on the tab to download IGNOU OPENMAT 2019 XLIV or XLV admit card
- Enter the login credentials i.e. enrollment number
- The admit card or say, the hall ticket of the candidates will appear on the screen.
- Download and keep safe until the admission procedure.
Note*- The admit card of the candidates will be sent by the University through the post. However, in case of any discrepancy, contact the examination conducting authority and get it resolved before the commencement of the exam.
- The university offers some amenities like reservation of the seats for the various categories of Scheduled Castes (SC), Scheduled Tribes (ST), OBC and Physically Handicapped (PH) candidates as per the norms by Government of India
- On the other side, there is some relaxation given to the female candidates who belong to SC or ST categories
The result of IGNOU OPENMAT 2019 for XLIV will be announced in December, and in the month of June, the result or scorecard for XLV will be declared. Therefore, candidates have to wait at least 6-7 weeks after the commencement of the exam for the declaration of the result. Further, candidates need to check the following steps to download the result for both the exams i.e. XLIV and XLV:
- Go to the official website of IGNOU
- Enter the login credentials i.e. enrollment number after clicking on the result link
- Post downloading the result; fill the application form 2 to confirm your admission for new academic session for pursuing postgraduate management programs.
The candidates can go ahead with the process of the submission of the registration form which can be conveniently available in the prospectus and Student Handbook and the hall ticket of the exam need to be carried at the regional centre. Apart from all this, also carry the hard copy of the result that will be out after May 2019. With all these documents, the candidates may proceed ahead for admission process that will start from July 2019.
Last Date to fill the application form of IGNOU OPENMAT 2019 – The candidates need to fill the form for the Entrance exam “OPENMAT-XXXIX” and send the same to the Registrar (SED), IGNOU, Maidan Garhi, New Delhi-110068 through various modes such as speed post or Registered Post on or before January 2019.