IGNOU OPENMAT 2019 Syllabus– IGNOU OPENMAT i.e. Indira Gandhi National Open University Open Management Aptitude Test is a common entrance test for those candidates who are interested in doing distance education in MBA. The entrance test of IGNOU OPENMAT 2019 will be conducted two times a year in the month of August and February. There is a code number of IGNOU OPENMAT that changes every year. So, for the exam of IGNOU OPENMAT 2019, the code will be XLV. The interested candidates must read the article in order to know the IGNOU OPENMAT 2019 Syllabus that is very important for the candidates so that they can prepare for the exam accordingly.
The IGNOU OPENMAT 2019 Syllabus is similar to that of other management exam’s syllabus. But this entrance test provides distance education that makes it different from other entrance tests. The IGNOU OPENMAT 2019 Syllabus will have general awareness, English Language, Quantitative Ability and Reasoning sections.
IGNOU OPENMAT 2019 Syllabus in Detail
The candidates now go through this section to have detailed information of the IGNOU OPENMAT 2019 Syllabus. So, the aspirants can prepare their study chart to crack the entrance test of IGNOU OPENMAT and can easily get admission in MBA program. Now, let’s have a look at the syllabus of IGNOU OPENMAT:
- English Language- This section comprises of those topics that aim at checking the English proficiency of the candidates and their writing skills too. Therefore let’s see the topics under this sections:
- Sentence Correction
- Reading Comprehension
- Fill in the blanks
- Quantitative Aptitude- This section has those topics that test the mathematical skills of the aspirants. Now let’s focus on the topics that come under this section:
- Permutation and Combination
- Ratios and Proportion
- P and G.P
- Number System etc.
- Reasoning- This section focuses on checking the mental aptitude and problem-solving skills of the candidates. It mainly checks the ability of the candidates to solve the complex question. Hence, let’s have a glimpse of topics covered under this section:
- Family Tree
- Cause and Effect
- Coding and Decoding
- Statements and Assumptions
- Symbols based problems
- Assertion and Reasons
- Visual Reasoning etc.
- General Awareness- This section mainly focuses on testing the general awareness of the candidates i.e. the candidates should remain updated with all the current affairs or the current happenings. Therefore, let’s have a look at the topics:
- India’s Current Affairs
- World’s Current Affairs
- Trade and Industry
- Science and Technology etc.
IGNOU OPENMAT 2019 Exam Pattern
- Mode of the Exam- The exam of IGNOU OPENMAT 2019 will be conducted through offline mode
- Number of Questions- The total number of questions asked in the exam is 200
- Time Duration- The candidates will be given 3 hours to complete their paper
- Marking Scheme- The candidates will score 1 mark for each correct answer and for the wrong answer, no marks will be deducted.
|Sections||Number of Questions|
Preparation Tips for IGNOU OPENMAT 2019 Exam
The candidates firstly prepare the study chart on the monthly, weekly or daily basis. After that, they should go through each topic thoroughly. Now, to make easier for the candidates who will be appearing in the entrance test of IGNOU OPENMAT, just go through the tips that are mentioned below:
- The candidates should analyze their weakest portion and should try to rectify it.
- Candidates should take the help of reference books to learn different methods and tricks for solving the complex questions.
- The candidates to score high marks in general awareness section must-read newspaper, articles etc.
- Try to solve previous years question papers and sample papers too to have an idea of the difficulty level of the exam.
- The candidates while preparing for the exam must also focus on learning the time management skills that will work during the exam.
Hereby, all the related and detailed information of IGNOU OPENMAT 2019 Syllabus is provided for the candidates that will beneficial to them during the main exam of IGNOU OPENMAT. The candidates are suggested to follow the syllabus and prepare according to score high and get into the college very easily. And if any candidate finds any kind of confusion or problem in understanding any part can drop the query in the comment section mentioned below.