IGNOU OPENMAT 2019 Preparation Tips – IGNOU OPENMAT i.e. Indira Gandhi National Open University Open Management Aptitude Test, a common entrance test that is conducted on a rotational basis for the candidates looking for postgraduate programs like MBA, PGDIM, DIM etc. from distance mode. The entrance test of IGNOU OPENMAT is not as tough as other management entrance test like CAT, XAT etc. The interested candidates must start their preparation for the exam from now only to score good marks in the exam.
First of all, the candidates must prepare the study chart on a daily, weekly or monthly basis. Moreover, they should go through the article to get the IGNOU OPENMAT 2019 preparation tips in details. Besides knowing the IGNOU OPENMAT 2019 preparation Tips, the candidates will also get the idea of the exam pattern and syllabus of the exam that will help them prepare accordingly.
Detailed Information about IGNOU OPENMAT 2019 Preparation Tips
- The candidates for the preparation of the IGNOU OPENMAT 2019 exam must start preparing for the main exam. Therefore, the very first thing that the candidate must go through is the exam pattern that gives the information about the following:
- Mode of Exam- The entrance test of IGNOU OPENMAT 2019 will be conducted through offline mode.
- Number of Questions– The total number of questions to be asked in IGNOU OPENMAT 2019 exam is 200.
- Question-type– The questions asked in the IGNOU OPENMAT exam is objective type i.e. multiple choice questions.
- Time Duration– The aspirants will acquire 3 hours to finish the paper.
- Marking Scheme– The candidates will score 1 mark for each correct answer whereas, for wrong answer, no any mark will be deducted.
|Section||Questions in Each Section|
Follow the Syllabus– IGNOU OPENMAT 2019 Preparation Tips also includes understanding the syllabus. The candidates in order to get into IGNOU for MBA program must go through the syllabus to score good marks. The candidates must strategize the study plan and follow it accordingly. Now, let’s have a look at the syllabus below cited:
General Awareness– The candidates must read English articles and news to remain updated with all the current affairs. This section consists of topics that are as follows-
- Current Affairs
- Trade- Import & Export
- World General Knowledge
- Indian Constitution, politics etc.
- Industry etc.
English– For this section, the candidates must read English articles and must read and practice passages. This section aimed at checking the proficiency and writing skills of the aspirants. Hence, let see the topics that come under this section:
- Sentence Correction
- Fill in the Blanks
Quantitative Ability-This section aimed at testing the mathematical skills of an aspirant and also comprises of topics related to mathematics. Therefore, let’s have a look at the topics:
- LCF and HCF
- Number System
- Permutations and Combinations
- Arithmetic Progression
Logical Reasoning- The section comprises of those topics that aimed at checking the problem-solving ability and the ability to solve complex questions of the candidate. Now, let’s put a glimpse on the topics:
- Family Tree
- Coding Decoding
- Statements and Conclusions
- Cause and Effect
- Visual Reasoning
- Symbol Based Problems
- Assertions and Reasons etc.
- Besides going through the syllabus and exam pattern of IGNOU OPENMAT 2019, the candidates must practice previous year’s question paper and sample papers that have question of same difficulty level. Moreover, they should also go for online mock test that helps in boosting the confidence level of the candidate.
- The candidates must learn vocabulary, synonyms, antonyms, newspaper, blog, novels etc. for English and remain updated with all the current affairs for the general awareness section.
- Go for other reference books for the preparation of IGNOU OPENMAT 2019 exam that are mentioned below:
- Manorama Year Book 2018
- Study Material for IGNOU OPENMAT
- A Perfect Solution of Management Entrance Exam or OPENMAT
- Bookhive India Resource Book to MBA IGNOU (OPENMAT)
IGNOU OPENMAT 2019 Important Dates
|IGNOU OPENMAT Events||Important Dates for XLIV||Important Dates for XLV|
|Releasing Date of the application form||In the beginning of June 2018||Beginning of November 2018|
|Last date for the submission of the application form||3rd week of July 2018||3rd week of December 2018|
|Date for generating the IGNOU OPENMAT Admit Card||Beginning of August 2018||3rd week of January 2019|
|Exam Dates||3rd week of August 2018||Beginning of February 2019|
|Announcement of Result||2nd week of December 2018||2nd week of June|
|Deadline for filling the application form 2||At the end of December 2018
End of May 2019
|At the end of June 2019
At the end of December 2019
IGNOU OPENMAT 2019 Exam Instruction
- The candidates must reach the exam test before the reporting time. Otherwise, they can have to face problem after getting late.
- Avoid carrying any electronic gadgets that include the calculator, mobile phones etc.
- The candidates must hold their admit card along with any of the document from voter id, passport, driving license, college id etc.
IGNOU OPENMAT 2019 Preparation Tips Conclusion
The candidates willing to appear in the entrance test of IGNOU OPENMAT 2019 must start their preparation as per the instruction and tips discussed in the article. The candidates before doing the preparation for the exam must create the study chart on a daily, weekly or monthly basis. Try to understand the syllabus and exam pattern and prepare accordingly. Above all, the candidates before applying for the exam must check the eligibility criteria. And for further information of IGNOU OPENMAT 2019 Preparation tips drop the comment in the below cited comment section.