IBSAT 2018 – IBSAT was also known as ICFAI Business Studies Aptitude Test is administered by ICFAI Foundation for Higher Education is the university level entrance exam held every year in online mode for the candidates who are willing to pursue postgraduate program in management. On 22- 23 December 2018 IBSAT exam will be conducted to offer admission into its nine IBS campuses at Ahmadabad, Bangalore, Hyderabad, Kolkata, Jaipur, Mumbai, Pune, Gurgaon, and Dehradun. The application process will start from July 1, 2018 which will continue until December 12 and it is more important for the candidates to know the eligibility criteria. To fill the application form the candidates must visit the official website Moreover, the candidates have the option to fill the application form both online and offline. Those candidates willing to fill the application form offline can purchase the form from designated centres of ICFAI business school or from the marketing branches of Axis bank. IBSAT 2018 is a computer based online test of two hours carrying multiple choice questions. The candidates will be shortlisted based on the IBSAT scores and then the candidates will be called for GD and PI rounds. Hence, the candidates having the valid GMAT, NMAT, and CAT scores can apply. Candidates can fetch authentic information on IBSAT 2018 including the application form, important dates, exam pattern, syllabus, and test centers from this article.
IBSAT 2018 Important Dates Overview
|IBSAT 2018 Events||Important Dates|
|Availability of Online Application Form||1st July 2018|
|Deadline for Online Application Form||12th December 2018|
|Commencement of time slot booking||First week of July 2018|
|Availability of Admit Card||As the slot booking starts|
|IBSAT 2018 Exam||22nd & 23rd December 2018|
|Date for the declaration of IBSAT Result||First week of January 2019|
|Briefings on Selection||Second week of January 2019|
|Commencement of Selection Process||Third week February 2019|
IBSAT 2018 Registration Process (Started)
The candidates can apply for the exam or in other words, we can say that the candidates can do their registration for IBSAT 2018 through online as well as offline mode. Therefore, let’s go through the step-wise process to infill the IBSAT 2018 application form
Filling the Application Form through Online Mode
- The application form of IBSAT 2018 has been made available on the official website from 1st of July 2018. Therefore, the candidates must visit the official website firstly.
- Secondly, the candidates need to fill all the details that are asked while doing the registration.
- After the completion of registration process, the candidates will receive an email containing the application number and password.
- Now, the candidates can easily infill the application form of IBSAT 2018 by entering the login credentials received via email.
- Once the candidates fill the application form, the candidates will have to pay the application fee too of INR 1800 along with the application form via Credit Card/Debit Card or Net Banking.
To infill the Application Form through Offline Mode
- The candidates prefers to fill the application form through offline mode must go to the IBS marketing branches as soon as possible to complete their registration.
- The candidates can have the application form by paying the application fee of Rs 1800 along with that.
- The candidates along with the application form will get the scratch card having the application number and password for the further usage.
Application Fee for IBSAT 2018
The application fee for IBSAT 2018 will be Rs. 1800 and this can easily be paid through net banking or debit or credit card. The candidates who purchase the form from the designated centre have to pay the amount of the fee in cash.
IBSAT 2018 Eligibility Criteria
The candidates willing to apply for the IBSAT 2018 exam are recommended to go through the IBSAT 2018 eligibility criteria before filling the application form. The main highlights of the eligibility criteria are as under:
- The candidates should have done with the graduation from well recognized university or college with at least 50% of marks
- The candidates need to have completed the 15 years of education that includes matriculation (10th), intermediate (12th), and graduation.
- The candidates should have studied in English Medium. If someone could not fulfill the eligibility criteria of English Medium need to show the score of NELT/TOEFL or IELTS exam
- Moreover, the candidates who are in their final year of graduation are also applicable to apply for the IBSAT exam. Therefore, those who meet or fulfill the above-mentioned criteria must go for filling the application as soon as possible.
The candidates to score high in the entrance test of IBSAT needs to remain familiar with the exam pattern and syllabus too. The candidates on seeing the below-mentioned information will hopefully get a clear overview of the test. Therefore, the aspirants are recommended to go through the details properly:
- The entrance test of IBSAT is conducted through online mode that is computer-based test.
- The medium that would be applicable for the candidates during the the examination is English.
- The total number of 120 questions will be asked in the exam that will be of Objective-type.
- The candidates are given 2 hours of time duration for the completion of paper.
- The candidates will acquire 1 mark for each correct answer whereas, for the negative answer, there will be no negative marking.
|Subject Name||Total number of Questions||Total Number of Marks|
|Data interpretation & Sufficiency||30||30|
IBSAT 2018 Syllabus
The IBSAT 2018 Syllabus is released by its conducting body. Therefore, the candidates willing to appear in the entrance test of IBSAT 2018 must check the syllabus and start preparing for the exam as soon as possible. Now, let’s go through the sections and topics that come under each section of IBSAT syllabus:
|Data Interpretation and Adequacy||This section consists of the topics that are Bar graphs, Column graphs, Data Sufficiency, Logical Reasoning, Critical Reasoning, Data Interpretation, etc.|
|Reading Comprehension||The aspirants for this section must start reading English article and stay updates with all the current news. Moreover, this section aims at checking the English proficiency of the candidates and writing skills. There are 25 questions asked in this section.|
|Analytical Reasoning||Reasoning questions|
|Quantitative Techniques||This section comprises of those topic that aim at checking the mathematical skills of the candidates .So, the topics covered under the section are Algebra, Arithmetic Progression, Co-ordinate Geometry, Geometry, Percentage, Permutation & Combination, Probability, Profit & Loss, etc.|
|Vocabulary||The candidates for this section must learn Vocabulary, Analogies and start practicing the Comprehension passage, Contextual usage, English Usage, Incorrect words, Para Jumble, Punctuation, etc.|
Preparation Tips for IBSAT 2018 Exam
The candidates who will be appearing in the entrance test of IBSAT 2018 must start their preparation from now onwards. But before that they need to prepare the study plan on a daily, weekly and monthly basis. Therefore, below-mentioned are some of the useful tips and tricks for the applicants to score a high marks in the IBSAT 2018 examination:
- The candidates must go through the exam pattern and the syllabus of IBSAT 2018.
- Practice the previous year question papers, sample papers to have the idea about the difficulty level of the exam and also the pattern of question paper.
- Go for online mock test of IBSAT.
- Take the help from the reference book and try to learn different methods, tricks for solving a single question.
- Keep revising time to time and don’t waste too much of time on a single topic.
- Lastly, stay calm and confident for the exam.
IBSAT 2018 Test Centers
The IBSAT 2018 exam centre will be conducted in various cities across the country. Therefore, below-mentioned are the test centres where the IBSAT exam will be conducted. Most importantly, the candidates while filling the application form must fill the exam centre very carefully as per their preference otherwise the exam centre of IBSAT is hardly changed by the authority i.e. only if any genuine reason is given to the officials.
Agra, Warangal, Ahmedabad, Vishakhapatnam, Ajmer, Vijayawada, Aligarh, Varanasi, Allahabad, Udaipur, Shimla, Bhilai, Shillong, Bhopal, Secunderabad, Bhubaneshwar, , Nagpur, Gorakhpur, Mysore, Greater Noida, Muzaffarpur, Gurgaon, Mumbai Dadar, Mumbai Thane, Mumbai Mira Road, Mumbai Andheri, Guwahati, Moradabad, Gwalior, Meerut, Haldwani, Mandi, Haridwar, Madurai, Hissar, Mangalore, Hyderabad, Ludhiana, Indore, Lucknow, Rourkela, Chandigarh 34, Rohtak, Chennai, Ranchi, Coimbatore, Rajkot, Cuttack, Rajahmundry, Dehradun, Raipur, Delhi-Kirti Nagar, Delhi-Vivek Vihar, Delhi-Okhla, Pune, Dhanbad, Patna, Dibrugarh, Noida, Durgapur, Navi Mumbai, , Alwar, Trivandrum, Ambala, Tirupati, Aurangabad, Thrissur, Bangalore, Surat, Bareilly, Siliguri, Baroda, Silchar, Belgaum,Faridabad, Nasik, Ghaziabad, Jabalpur, Kozhikode, Karnal, Jaipur, Kota, Jalandhar, Kolkata, Jammu, Kolapur, Jamshedpur, Kochi, Jodhpur, Khamman, Jorhat, Kanpur.
IBSAT 2018 Admit Card
- The IBSAT 2018 Admit Card will be released through online mode on the official website, by the conducting body of IBSAT.
- There is no provision for issuing the admit cards through offline mode.
- The slot booking should be done by the candidates as per their choice if he or she wants to receive the admit card.
- The procedure for slot booking has been commenced from the 1st week of July 2018 wherein the candidates have to select the time, centre and date of examination.
- The admit card or hall ticket of IBSAT contains the personal details of the candidate, time and date of the examination, address, photograph, category, etc
Note- The candidates must carry their admit card while appearing for the IBSAT exam. If any candidate do not hold the admit card, they won’t be allowed to attend the exam at any cost.
IBSAT 2018 Result Declaration
- The applicants can generate their scorecard in the last week of December 2018.
- The result of IBSAT 2018 result will be declared on the official website and the candidates can check the same through online mode only.
- The candidates will have to enter the login credentials i.e. the application number and password to check their results.
- Lastly, the candidates must download the result or scorecard of IBSAT 2018 and take the print out of it for the further usage.
The candidates based on the marks acquired in the IBSAT 2018 or NMAT by GMAC or CAT will get shortlisted and will be called for the selection procedure at the IBS Campus in Hyderabad in the month of February 2019. The shortlisted candidates will have to go through Group Discussion (GD) and Personal Interview (PI) round. After clearing these rounds, the final merit list or final selection will be done on the basis of marks obtained in above-mentioned exams, performance in GD and PI round, previous academic record and work experience too.
Frequently Asked Questions about IBSAT 2018
Ques 1: In which modes the application form of IBSAT can be filled?
Ans: The candidates can fill the application form through both the offline as well as online mode.
Ques 2: when the application form of IBSAT will be released?
Ans: The application form will be released from the first week of July 2018.
Ques 3: From where can I get the IBSAT 2018 application form for offline mode?
Ans: The candidate needs to visit any of the marketing offices of IBS to get the offline application form in Rs 1800. Note that you complete the process of registration within the given deadline for offline mode.
Ques 4: What is the application fee for IBSAT?
Ans: The application fee of IBSAT costs Rs. 1800.
Ques 5: How to submit the application fee of IBSAT?
Ans: The applicants filling the application form through online mode can submit their application fee via debit card/credit card or net banking whereas those filling through offline mode will have to pay the fee of Rs 1800 at the time of purchasing the application form.
Ques 6: Is there any provision for the lesser application fee for the category of SC or ST?
Ans: No, for all the categories, the fee amount remains the same as there is not at all any clause of concession for the SC or ST category.
Ques 7: What are the eligibility criteria for IBSAT?
Ans: There is the mandatory requirement of the graduation degree in any stream and the candidates who are not having the same won’t be able to apply for this exam. If you are appearing for the final year examination of your graduation course, still you can apply for IBSAT. For detailed information, go and verify the section of eligibility criteria.
Ques 8: What is the language of the question paper?
Ans: The language of the test will be English only. The candidates who find trouble in understanding the questions in English may not appear for the exam or should first acquire the skills in this language through various courses and then go for it.
Ques 9: What is the marking pattern for IBSAT?
Ans: For every right answer, the applicant will be given one mark and for every wrong answer, the negative marking will not be there.
Ques 10: Tell me the complete syllabus of IBSAT exam 2018?
Ans: The detailed information about the syllabus is already mentioned above. The candidates can easily scroll up the page and check.