IBSAT 2018 FAQs– The candidates willing to appear in the entrance test of IBSAT must have lots of question coming in their mind to clarify their doubts. Therefore, hereby, we have provided the IBSAT 2018 FAQs and their answer that will help the candidates for sure. Now, all we need to know is about the IBSAT. So, basically, IBSAT, a miniature form of ICFAI Business Studies Aptitude Test is a national level entrance test conducted for the postgraduate management or doctoral programs. The entrance test of IBSAT offers admission in any of the 9 campuses across the country. The candidates must infill the application form of IBSAT 2018 before the deadline i.e. 12th of December 2018 through either online or offline mode in order to appear in the IBSAT 2018 exam. For the candidates to apply for the IBSAT 2018, the eligibility criteria are provided. Now, all the candidates need to check if they fulfill or meet the eligibility criteria or not. If they do not fulfill the requirement and do their registration, their form will get rejected. Therefore go thoroughly through the article to know the authentic and detailed information about the eligibility criteria, selection procedure, programs offered in IBSAT and other such details.
Programs Offered in IBS
- What are the programs offered in IBS?
Ans: The ICFAI Business School basically offers management programs for the candidates. Therefore, let’s have a glimpse of programs offered in the same:
- The entrance test of IBSAT offers 2 years of MBA program at IBS Hyderabad, IBS Dehradun and IBS Jaipur.
- Apart from above-mentioned programs IBSAT test also offers 2 years of PGPM (Postgraduate Program in Management) at 6 IBS campuses that are in Kolkata, Ahmedabad, Bengaluru, Gurgaon, Mumbai, and Pune
- 4-year Ph. D program (Full Time/Part Time) at IBS Hyderabad
- What is the eligibility criteria to get into IBS (ICFAI Business School)
Ans: For MBA/PGPM Program
- The candidates to pursue the above-mentioned programs must have completed the graduation in English Medium as per instructed. Simply, the candidates must have completed 15 years of education including matriculation (10th), intermediate (12th) and 3-4 years of graduation with at least 50% of aggregate marks.
- The candidates who do not fulfill the criteria of English Medium need to submit the TOEFL/NELT/IELTS score by 31st of May, 2019.
- Those candidates who are in the final year of graduation can also apply for the MBA or PGPM programs but they need to fulfill the graduation requirements including practical examinations/viva/assignments before 31st of May 2019.
For Ph.D. program in Management (Full Time or Part Time)
- Candidates must have done with the graduation with 50% of marks in English Medium.
- Candidates also need to have a specialization in Marketing/ Finance/ Human Resource Management/ Operations in post graduation from a UGC approved University with at least 55% of marks.
- Candidates must have done Post-graduation of full-time in Economics, Commerce, Public Administration, Statistics, Psychology, Sociology, and Mathematics from the recognized university in India or abroad with 55% of aggregate marks and above.
For Ph.D. Program in Economics (Full Time)
- Candidates should have completed their graduation from well-recognized university with 50% of aggregate marks in English Medium.
- Candidates if do not fulfill the requirement of English Medium need to submit the score of TOEFL/IELTS/ NELT by 31st May 2019.
- Candidates if completed the graduation or post-graduation from distance mode, will not be considered eligible for the aforementioned program.
- How to apply for the programs offered in IBS?
Ans: The candidates willing to pursue or go for postgraduate management programs such as MBA/PGDM or Ph.D. need to appear in the entrance test of IBSAT 2018 that will be conducted in the month of December 2018 or can directly apply with the score of CAT/GMAT or NMAT by GMAC.
IBSAT 2018 Exam
- From where can I get the Application Form of IBSAT?
Ans: Candidates can have the application form of IBSAT both through online as well as offline mode.
For online Application Form:
- The online application form of IBSAT will be made available on the official website of IBS. After completion of registration process, the candidates will receive an email and SMS containing the details of application number and password too. Candidates need to keep these details properly for the further usage.
For offline Application Form:
- To purchase the offline application form, candidates must visit any of the IBS branches.
- Candidates need to pay INR 1800/- for having the application form. Moreover, the candidates along with the application form will get a voucher that will contain the details of application number and password.
- Keep the details carefully for the further reference.
- Is IBSAT is a common entrance test for all the programs offered in IBS.
Ans: Yes, to pursue any program that is offered in IBS, the candidates need to appear in the IBSAT test that will be conducted on 22-23rd of December through online mode. The entrance test of IBSAT is conducted every year in around 95 cities across the country.
- What is the exam pattern of IBSAT 2018?
Ans: The candidates willing to know about the IBSAT 2018 exam pattern must go through the following points to the detail information:
- Mode of the Exam- The IBSAT 2018 exam will be conducted through online mode (Computer-based exam)
- Medium- The question asked in IBSAT 2018 exam will be in the English language
- Question-type- only objective-type questions will be asked in the IBSAT exam
- Marking Scheme– The candidates will acquire 1 mark for each correct answer and there will be no mark deduction for the wrong answers.
|Sections||Number of Questions|
|Data Adequacy and Data Interpretation||30|
- What is the deadline to apply for IBSAT 2018?
Ans: The candidates can apply till 12th of December 2018 for IBSAT exam.
- What is the last date to apply for IBSAT on the basis of CAT/GMAT /NMAT by GMAC score?
Ans: The candidates on the basis of score obtained in CAT/ GMAT or NMAT by GMAC can apply till 31st January 2019.
- What the procedure to apply for IBSAT if the result of CAT/GMAT or NMAT by GMAC will be announced in January 2019?
Ans: Yes, the candidates need to apply anyhow before 31st of January 2019 by submitting the provisional scores of CAT/GMAT or NMAT by GMAC score. Moreover, the candidates after completing this procedure and updating of scores, the letter for the selection procedure will be issued in January 2019.
- When will the Results of IBSAT 2018 be declared?
Ans: The result of IBSAT 2018 is expected to be declared in the first week of January 2019.
- What is the fee structure of programs offered in IBS?
Ans: For MBA or PGPM Program:
- IBS Hyderabad- INR 7,02,000/- per annum
- IBS Dehradun- 2,83,500/- per annum
- IBS Jaipur- 2,83,500/- per annum
- IBS Bengaluru-4,00,500/- per annum
- IBS Gurgaon-4,00,500/- per annum
- IBS Mumbai-4,00,500/- per annum
- IBS Ahmadabad-4,00,500/- per annum
- IBS Kolkata- 4,00,500/- per annum
- IBS Pune-4,00,500/- per annum
Above all, the candidates will have to pay Rs. 10,000 as refundable caution deposit along with the first installment of tuition fee. Besides this, the candidates selected for IBS Dehradun or IBS Jaipur if belongs to the respective state will get the concession of 50,000/-. To get such a concession, the candidates will have to provide domicile certificate from the MRO/ Tahsildar/ Municipality Office.
For Ph.D. Program
- D. Program- Rs 1.2 Lakhs per annum
- The students interested in pursuing full-time Ph.D. will have to deposit Rs. 40,000 as admission fee. They will be exempted from paying the tuition fee of Rs. 60,000 per semester for 8 semesters. The waive off will solely depend upon their academic performance throughout the course.
IBSAT 2018 Selection Procedure
- When and where will the Selection Procedure of IBSAT 2018 be conducted??
Ans: The selection procedure of IBSAT 2018 will be conducted between 20-26 February 2019 at IBS Hyderabad Campus. Basically the selection procedure
- How many stage does the selection procedure comprise of?
Ans: The candidates for the selection procedure round will have to go through 2 stages
- Firstly the shortlisted candidates will have to appear in the Group Discussion round.
- Secondly, the candidates after getting selected in GD round will have to face the panel of examiner for Personal Interview (PI) round.
About IBSAT 2018 FAQs
The candidates willing to appear in the entrance test of IBSAT or to get into any of the 9 campuses of IBS across the country need to go through the article in order to have the detailed information about the IBSAT 2018 FAQs that the candidates generally asks to clarify their doubts. The question mentioned in this article is based on the questions that are asked by the aspirants. So, read the article carefully to have the idea about each event to level to get into IBS and for further information, leave the comment in the section that is mentioned below.