HPU MAT 2019 – HPU MAT 2019 can be defined as the Management Aptitude Test conducted by Himachal Pradesh University for the candidates to apply for a wide range of management programmes. It is a state level exam convened to shortlist the candidates seeking admission for management programmes at different levels. HPUBS or Himachal Pradesh University Business School is renowned as the Institute for management studies and is situated in Shimla.
As far as the details about HPU MAT 2019 is concerned, this article will give you every information right from the important events and their schedule, process to complete registration or application form filling, eligibility criteria, layout of exam, qualification requirements, age limit, and application fee to the tips to prepare for the exam, complete syllabus and the topics included in it, admit card availability, result declaration and counseling procedure.
HPU MAT Examination Dates 2019
It is mandatory and advisable for the candidates to save the below mentioned chart of events and dates as this would be a great help for them till the process of admission gets over.
|Last date to register online||Third week of May 2019|
|Downloading of Admit card||Last week of May 2019|
|Examination date||First week of June 2019|
|results declaration date||Third week of June 2019|
|Personal Interview and group discussion for applicants of reserved category||Second week of July 2019|
|Announcement of final scorecard for applicants of reserved category||Second week of July 2019|
|PI and GD for candidates in non-reserved category||Third week of July 2019|
|Announcement of final scorecard for candidates in non-reserved category||Last week of July 2019|
The candidates will be able to get the application form of HPU MAT 2019 in both the online and the offline modes:
Process for Online mode
- The candidates should make their account on the university web portal and register themselves online.
- The applicants will have to visit the official web portal of Himachal Pradesh University Business School.
- There will be the section named Admissions where the candidates need to click and enter the email address for registration.
- After proper registration, the login Id of the applicant will be made online through which they can get the application form and fill the same.
- There are certain sections in the application form that include application details, payment summary, personal data, document requirements and educational or academic details.
- The candidates need to submit the application form and save the reference number.
- Once the details are filled online, the applicant will have to save the information by clicking on the tab “save”.
- The candidates will get the password and registration number in the mentioned email id or phone number. Note that it would be auto generated by the system after the registration process.
- Coming to the attachment of the documents like certificates and mark sheet, the applicants need to upload the copy of the same as mentioned in the form.
- The maximum file size of the PHOTOGRAPH should be 100 KB in .jpeg or .jpg format only.
- Note that the size of the file should not exceed 100 KB and the formal needs to be in .jpeg or .jpg.
- The file of mark-sheet and certificate of the applicant should not go beyond 2 MB and the format will have to be PDF only.
- The candidate will have to make the payment of the application fee of amount Rs 1000 though net banking mode or through debit card or credit card.
Process for Offline Mode
- It is suggestible to the candidates to get the prospectus of the exam from the counter of HPUBS.
- The applicants then need to attach the application form with the given prospectus and fill the same.
- After complete form filling, it has to be given at the counter along with the amount of application fee.
- If the candidate is making the registration through offline mode, he or she will have to make the payment via DD or demand draft of amount Rs 1000. This DD should be drawn in favor of HPUBS and payable at Shimla.
- The candidates then need to send the same at the below-mentioned address-
Himachal Pradesh University Business School
Summer Hill, Shimla,
Himachal Pradesh – 171005.
HPU MAT Application Fee 2019
Important details about the examination application fee are mentioned below
|Category name||Application Fee amount|
|For General category applicants||Rs 1000|
|Through Postal request for General category applicants||Rs 1050|
|For SC and ST candidates||RS 500|
|Through Postal request for SC and ST applicants||Rs 550|
The candidates will have to meet certain requirements on the grounds of qualification, citizenship and age criteria in order to appear in HPU MAT 2019. Let’s have a glance on the eligibility criteria of this exam:
- The applicants need to have the degree of graduation in any stream from a reputed college or university with minimum marks of 55%.
- For the candidates who come under reserved category, the minimum marks would be 45% as there is the relaxation of 5 % for them.
- The candidates who are still in their graduation final year can also apply for this examination.
- All the male candidates should fall below the age group of 26 years.
- All the female candidates should fall below the age group of 28years.
- For all the SC and ST candidates, no matter whether they are male or female must fall below the age of 29 years.
- As far as citizenship is related, this exam does not demand any specification.
The HPU MAT 2019 exam will be conducted through offline mode where the applicants will have to use paper and pen to solve the questions. The applicants are advised to solve the paper within the given time and read the instructions carefully before starting.
|Topic names||Total number of questions||Total marks|
|Data Interpretation and Arithmetic Comprehension Data Interpretation||50||50|
The tabular form of other examination details like duration, sections, marks and questions are mentioned below:
|Mode of Examination||Offline|
|No. of questions||200|
|Time Duration||2 hours|
|Total number of Sections in the exam||4|
Tips for preparation of HPU MAT 2019
- Being the aspirant of HPU MAT exam, you should realize the fact that without knowing about the exam pattern and syllabus, you won’t be able to prepare the study plan. Hence, first learn about the pattern and the syllabus in detail and then switch for making timetable for exam preparation.
- Try to make the most effective timetable in accordance with your study hours on regular basis and cover each and every subject mentioned in the syllabus of the exam.
- Take reference from the best books of the renowned authors about the exam preparation and also gather the study material from some reliable internet source.
- Solve the question papers of last year exams to know about the exact pattern. You can also practice the sample papers to get the fair idea about the layout and type of questions in the test.
- Preparing the notes at the time of studies is highly recommended as at the time of revision you can simply flip the pages and revise the highlighted parts.
- You should not be stressed at the time of preparation and also take care of your health during those days.
- As yoga and exercise will keep you healthy, take out some time for such activities.
The HPU MAT Syllabus this year will cover the below-mentioned subjects:
- English Comprehension.
- Data Interpretation.
- Business Environment and Arithmetic Comprehension.
- The admit card or hall ticket for this exam will be published by the authority on HPU MAT website.
- All the applied and eligible candidates can visit the web portal and click the link for admit card there to access the same online.
- The admit cards is the document which is compulsory to bring at the examination center and it contains the information like name of the candidate, photograph, his or her roll number, signature, examination center, examination schedule and much more.
- The aspirants who are appearing for the exam are intimated to bring the original and valid admit cards along with their proof of identity. In case the candidates find it difficult to present such documents on the day of exam, they won’t be permitted to sit in the examination center.
- The candidates who have registered for this exam online are the only ones that will be allowed to download the admit card from the portal.
- It’s the responsibility of the candidates to take care of their admit card or hall ticket till the process of examination gets over.
- The applicants are suggested to see the official portal of HPU MAT when the authority declares the date of result.
- The applicants who wish to get their score card online should first visit the website and then enter their login Id and password to get directed to the link where the registration number is supposed to be mentioned to see the result on the screen.
- Once the HPU MAT 2019 exam will get over, the conducting body will publish the result on the web portal automatically. The applicants will have to go there and see the scorecard online.
- The applicants should take the print out of the result page as displayed on the screen and keep two to four hard copies for any kind of future use.
- The candidates can get to know about the date and time for the rounds of Group discussion and Personal Interview on the official website of HPU MAT.
- Once they are aware of the date and the timings, they will have to present at the place of counseling.
- Those who will be shortlisted for the procedure of counseling need to bring the mentioned documents at the center of counseling.
- Suppose if the applicant finds it difficult to visit the place of counseling on the said date and time, the other applicant may take that seat.
The motive of the above-mentioned details about HPU MAT 2019 is to make the aspirants aware of the important facts of this exam so that they could be able to strive hard and crack all rounds of this exam.