Himachal Pradesh University Business School will prescribe the HPU MAT 2019 Exam Pattern. HPU MAT is a state level entrance examination which will be conducted every year for providing the candidates admission in the MBA programme. The candidates who wish to appear in the examination first need to check the eligibility criteria. The application form of the HPU MAT 2019 is expected to be available in the first week of April 2019. The candidates will be issued HPU MAT 2019 admit card as soon as the registration part will be over. The candidates will be shortlisted for admission in 120 seats in MBA on the basis of the performance in the entrance examination. So, the candidates need to know the HPU MAT 2019 Exam Pattern and syllabus for attaining good score in the examination. The candidates who will be selected will then have to appear for Group Discussion and Personal Interview. This article will provide information regarding the HPU MAT 2019 Exam Pattern.
HPU MAT 2019 Exam Pattern: Key Info
The candidates need to note down the exam pattern, those who wish to appear in the examination. The very first thing a candidate should do for preparation of the examination is to go through the HPU MAT 2019 Exam Pattern, syllabus and its marking scheme. The candidates can strategize only when they are informed about the topics.
Mode of Exam: The examination will be a written test.
Total number of questions: The candidates need to answer 200 questions.
Type of questions: Multiple Choice Questions
Syllabus: The candidates need to prepare in the subjects which are English Comprehension & Language, General Intelligence & Critical Reasoning, Numerical Ability & Data Interpretation and General Knowledge & Business Awareness.
Marking Scheme: The candidates will be awarded 1 mark for each correct answer
Negative Marking: No negative marking will be applied in the examination.
The distribution of the questions in the examination is mentioned in the table below.
|Sections||Total No. of Questions|
|English Comprehension & Language||50|
|Numerical Ability & Data Interpretation||50|
|General Intelligence & Critical Reasoning||50|
|General Knowledge & Business Awareness||50|
As of now indicated, the selection test will have objective type questions from the following field which are English Comprehension and Language, Numerical Ability and Data Interpretation, General Intelligence and Critical Reasoning and General Knowledge and Business Awareness. Therefore the candidates will be required to cover the topics such as current affairs, reading comprehension, directional sense tests, error correction, blood relation, directional sense tests, series and number arrangement, economy, time and clock, business world etc. Candidates should also be aware of the following topics like Idioms, phrases, one word substitution, fill in the blanks, error spotting, GK, Science, Simplification, Interest, Percentage, Average, Ratio and Proportion, Profit and loss, number system, Algebra, Geometry, Analogy, Puzzle, Matrix, Venn diagram etc.
Preparation Tips for HPU MAT 2019
The candidates will have to follow some instructions to get aid in preparing for the examination in accordance with the HPU MAT 2019 Exam Pattern.
- The candidates should start preparing and studying for the HPU MAT 2019 three months prior the date of examination.
- All the candidates should take a proper rest before the day of HPU MAT 2019 examination.
- The candidates are informed that they should bring all the necessary documents to the examination hall.
- The candidates need to bring any one of the mentioned below documents along with the HPU MAT 2019 Hall Ticket 2019.
- Voter ID
- Aadhaar Card
- Pan Card
- Two passport size photographs
- Driving License
- The candidates should not be stressed after getting the question paper. The candidates must be calm and should make an attempt to answer as many questions as possible.
- The candidates should prefer to answer the easy questions first and then go for the tough questions.
- The candidates are advised not to waste time in a particular question. They should answer each and every question very precisely.
This is all about exam pattern of HPU MAT 2019. All the best to the aspirants!