How to Register for CAT 2018 – The candidates longing to pursue postgraduate management programs either from any of the 20 IIMs or top B-schools across the country must apply for the CAT 2018 exam that will be conducted on 25th of November 2018 by the conducting body i.e. IIM Calcutta. But before proceeding, the candidates must know the date for the registration. So, the registration for CAT 2018 has been released from the 8th of August and will continue until 26th September 2018. Candidates, to register themselves for the CAT 2018 will have to visit the website of IIM. Further, they have to click the registration option where they will be asked to enter their personal information like name, mobile number, valid email id, address etc. After completion of registration process, the candidate will receive an email or an SMS containing the login credentials that will be used while filling the application form. Lastly, the candidates are recommended to check the eligibility criteria before going for the registration process. Therefore, the interested candidates must go through the article in order to know how to register for CAT 2018.
CAT 2018 Registration Process
The process for registration is done online only and comprises of the following steps:
- For this, the candidate needs to register on the official website (www.iimcat.ac.in) to generate their username and password.
- After which the process of registration will begin. Once user ID and password is generated the information will be sent to their respective mobile number and email id.
- Candidates can now log in with their user id and password.
- CAT 2018 registration form need not be filled in one attempt. A Candidate can complete it with ease.
- Details like work experience, scanned photographs of candidates, signatures and important documents need to be uploaded for completing the registration process.
- In case a candidate forgets his user id and password a new login id and password will be generated and sent to the candidate.
Once the form is filled up and Payment is made, your CAT 2018 form is complete and after which confirmation mail will be sent to the applicant. This is all about how to register for CAT 2018. Once registration is processed, no more changes can be made to the application form.
Click Here for the registration process
Click Here for filing application form after registration
CAT 2018 Registration – Required Documents for apply
Below are the list of important documents and other important details needed to fill online CAT registration process:
- Candidates work experience (if any)
- Educational Qualifications
- Programme of IIM to be enrolled for
- Upload requisite certificates
- Class 10th, Class 12th, and diploma/degree mark sheets
- Scanned image of recent passport size photograph with white background (not more than 6 months old) scanned signature.
The scanned photo and the signature should not exceed 80 KB and they should be in .jpeg or .jpg file formats. The dimensions of these documents to be uploaded are as follows:
Passport size photos – 35 mm X 45 mm
Signature – 1000 mm X 35 mm
CAT exam fee can be paid through Debit cards, Credit cards or Net banking.
Salient Features about How to Register for CAT 2018
- CAT 2018 registration is an online process.
- When a candidate registers for CAT 2018 exam the applicant automatically applies for the online process of registration.
- The above point means that the candidate has chosen to apply for management programmes in all 20 IIMs as stated in the CAT 2018 application form.
- Registration for CAT 2018 is open for around 45 days as started from 8th of August 2018.
- Fee of CAT exam 2018 is Rs.1900 (for general and NC-OBC category) and Rs. 950/- (for reserved category).
- Special emphasis needs to be paid while filling up the online application form for CAT 2018. Any mistake in the form would render the candidature invalid, simultaneously incurring the loss of registration fee also.
- Candidates must carefully read all the important instructions give in the application form before filling it up.
- CAT registration is completed in simple three simple steps.
- Candidates can save and exit the filled information in the online application form multiple times before final submission.
- Fees have to be paid once the online registration process is complete.
- If a candidate fails to pay the Exam fee the registration process will not be completed and candidates will not be permitted to appear for the examination.
Outline for CAT Exam 2018
Here applicants will find all the required information about CAT. The outline of the exam and the pattern of questions expected this year are discussed in this section.
- Mode of exam: CAT is an online based examination. Candidates should be familiar with using their personal computer.
- Type of Questions: CAT exams comprises of subjective and multiple choice questions.
- Total number of Questions: CAT exam has a total number of 100 questions asked.
- Scheme of Marking: For each right answer a bonus of 3 marks are awarded to candidates.
- Minus Marking: For wrong answers, no marks are cut only for subjective questions, but for objective questions, one mark is deducted for the wrong attempt.
- Parts of CAT Paper: Quantitative ability, Verbal ability, Reading Comprehension, Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning.
The section-wise format of the question paper is illustrated in the table below:-
|Section of the Paper||Total Questions||Time Allotted (Mins)||Total Marks|
|Logical Reasoning and Data Interpretation||32||60||96|
|Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension||34||60||102|
The general registration for CAT 2018 must be done with sufficient time in hand and without being subjected to any external disturbances when filling up the requisite details. One should ensure the availability of proper internet connection so that you don’t have to repeat the entire step because of weak signals (Wi-fi / 3G / 4G) or loss of internet connection. You must have all the information required in various fields handy which include your marks and certain other details. Following the simple steps mentioned in this article would help you tide over the questions about how to register for CAT 2018.