How to fill CAT Online Application Form 2018 – The candidates who have made the mindset to appear in the Common Admission Test (CAT) and qualify it anyhow must firstly fill the application form that has been released by the conducting body of CAT i.e. IIM Calcutta from 8th of August 2018 and the last date for the submission of application form is until 26th September 2018 for the candidates willing to pursue postgraduate management programs like MBA from any of the 20 IIMs or top B-schools across the country. Now, the candidates have to complete the registration process first to acquire the login credentials generated after completion of registration to make use of it at the time of filling up the application form. Moreover, the candidates of the general category or NC-OBC have to pay the application fee of Rs 1900 via credit card/ debit card and net banking whereas, the reserved category candidates have to pay Rs 950 as the application fee. Besides all this, check the eligibility criteria once for not getting rejected by the officials. Above all, it is plus point for the candidates as they will get the chance to edit their application form from 27th September and will continue until 30th September 2018 in case they make any kind of mistake. Therefore, lastly, it is suggested to fill out all the correct details in a single attempt and follow the steps mentioned below to learn How to fill CAT online application form 2018.
How to fill CAT Online Application Form 2018:
Step 1 – Online Registration process
Most of the candidates get confused with the whole procedure that describes how to fill CAT online application form. Here are the points for online registration:
- Visit the official website of CAT and apply for registration by clicking the option new user registration.
- Fill the form that pops up on the screen with details like name, date of birth, mobile number, email address etc.
- Also, mention the security code which is written in the image.
- You need to make the request for one-time password or OTP.
- Then enter the OTP in the given column and click on submit button.
- In the declaration column, you need to check the box “I Agree” and then submit. But before doing this, please ensure that whatever details you have filled in are absolutely correct.
- After submission of the registration form, you will get one-time password or OTP on your registered mobile number.
Step 2 – Filling up the details in the application form
The application form should be sincerely filled by the candidate as some of the details cannot be edited further. Let’s see how to fill CAT online application form:
- Tap on the option to get access to the CAT 2018 Application Form.
- The application page will be displayed on the screen.
- There are four sections in the form that the applicant needs to fill – personal details, qualifications, work experience, and programmes.
- In personal details, you need to enter your name, date of birth, gender, father’s name or guardian’s name or husband’s name, nationality, and category.
- The candidates with physical disability have to choose the option Yes, else No.
- The residential address details are required for any kind of communication. You also need to provide your mobile number and email address details.
- The candidate then will have to upload the photograph and signature by clicking the option choose file and then close this window.
- To define the specifications of the photograph, it should be .jpg or .jpeg and within the size of 80KB. Ensure the photograph to be in the white background and not older than six years.
- Moving on towards the academic details, the applicant will have to enter SSC or 10th class total marks and percentage, year of completion and name of the institute.
- In the section of 12th class details, the applicant needs to choose the course type or equivalent diploma course. Also, enter your total marks and percentage.
- In the section of Bachelor’s degree, mention whether you are pursuing your graduation or have completed the course. There is also the column for the name of the degree, year or month of completion, duration, of course, university or institution name, total marks, and percentage.
- If you have done masters in academics, there is a section for the same where you need to fill the course name, university, degree, subjects, marks, and percentage.
- Those who carry the professional degrees like CS, CA, ICWA, etc will have to fill in the details appropriately.
- In the section of work experience, mention the details of the relevant industry and for how many years you have worked.
- Select the name of the programmes that you aspire to pursue if get selected in CAT examination.
- The test center locations need to be filled by the candidate. Maximum fur cities can opt.
- The applicants also have to choose the city of the interview from the drop-down list.
Click Here for filing application form after registration
Step 3 – Uploading the documents
The candidates need to upload the scanned copy of the documents like caste certificate and other documents as mentioned in CAT 2018.
Step 4 – Fee payment
The examination fee for SC, ST and PWD candidates is Rs 950/- while for General and non-creamy OBC category, it is Rs 1900/-. The additional transaction charges will also be levied with examination fee. Choose the online payment method of net banking or debit card or credit card for fee submission. Once you have made the payment, the transaction number will be displayed on the screen, note down the same.
The confirmation mail will be sent to your registered email id after successful completion of the payment. The applicants are free to take out the print of the application by entering the credentials.
Now, when you know how to fill CAT online application form 2018, be ready to apply for the same before the last date.