Guidelines for CAT aspirants to follow on D’ Day – CAT the toughest exam is round the corner that is on 25th November 2018, is scheduled every year; and to qualify India’s most prestigious exam has become very difficult day by day. As the countdown of the exam begins the candidate’s stress level becomes high which results in confusion and low-level confidence. In order to avoid nervousness at the time of the examination, the candidate must read and follow the instructions or guidelines laid by the examination conducting body. The important instructions are mentioned in the admit card which the candidate must read it carefully. With just a few days left for the CAT exam, the aspirants must understand the details what they have to carry and must do at the time of the examination. To avoid the last minute hustle, we hereby provide Guidelines for CAT aspirants to follow on D’ Day and not turn your hard work into waste.
CAT Exam Day Guidelines
Below given are few important tips and list of mistakes candidates must avoid in the exam to acquire good marks. Let’s see the important things which aspirants need to carry on the exam day.
Key points for the exam day – Remember Do’s
- Carry the Admit card – The admit card is the most important document to be carried on the exam day as the venue or name and the address of the centre is mentioned. In case, if you forget to carry the admit card you won’t be able to enter the examination hall. To avoid last minute rush download the admit card on the priority basis and paste the recent size photograph. According to the instructions mentioned in the admit card the candidates must sign in front of the invigilator so ensure that you do not sign earlier. Also, ensure that the print out of the admit card must be readable, the name should be clearly visible and the photograph should not be blurred.
- Carry your ID proof – Along with the admit card do not forget to carry photo identity proof which also a necessary document. You need to carry any one of the ID proof such as PAN Card, Passport, voter ID, driving license, employer identification card, or college ID. Before leaving for the exam do check that you carry all the necessary documents.
- Locate your test centre – The candidate must check their admit card to know which centre has been allotted to them and also they must locate the location to avoid hustle in the morning and plan the day better. Also, reach the examination centre before the reporting time at the right test centre on the exam day.
- Take enough sleep before the exam day – The candidates must take a good sleep to relax your mind. This will help you to stay focused and energetic throughout the exam day.
- Stay confidence and relax – On the exam day, the candidates must be relaxed so that you can give your exam properly. The best mantra for the exam day is to stay confident and motivated and do not be nervous.
Key points for the exam day – Remember Dont’s
- Last minute preparation– The candidate must never do this mistake to start any new topic at the last moment to create any kind of confusion. This will result to mash up everything and even you will not be able to grasp it nor will be able to revise whatever you have prepared.
Also, research has proved that studying last minute or the day before the exam will result in confusion and will not be able to grasp anything that is one will forget all that you have studied. So it is advisable not to start any new topic which in result turn into the panic but focus to relax your mind.
- Carry only what is required – The candidates must not carry any other documents such as blank paper, or mark sheet apart from the admit card and ID proof.
- Do not carry calculator – CAT exam held is computer based online test and IIMs has also announced the addition of on-screen calculator which a candidate can make use while doing the calculations. So there is no need to carry the calculator to the exam center.
- Stationery items – As it is known, CAT is a computer based online test where the candidates must carry minimum required stationery items. The students will be provided with a pen and scratch pad to do rough work which the candidate will have to return after the exam. Even the candidates must mention their names and registration number on the rough pad. Though pencils will be provided still the candidate can carry a pen and a pencil.
- Don’t carry watch or timer – The time allotted to complete the exam is three hours with a sectional time limit. To make it easy for the ease of the candidates, the computer system has an on-screen timer which will let how much time is left to complete the exam. The candidates may not need to carry any watch or timer.
- No bags, purses or phone – As per the instructions laid by the IIMs the candidates are strictly advised not to carry the bags, purses or phone to the examination hall so make sure to follow the instructions accordingly to avoid problems for yourself.
- No jewellery and footwear – Before leaving for the exam the candidates must ensure that they do not wear any jewellery or other metal jewellery. Also, do not wear closed shoes only open footwear is allowed like sandal and chappals. If the instruction is not followed in that case the candidates have to leave their belongings outside the examination hall.
- No mehndi or color – On the day of the examination the fingerprint of the candidates will be scanned and captured as the biometric impression is necessary. Especially, girls must avoid wearing mehndi and any color to get the clear fingerprint. If the fingerprint is not clear then the candidates will not be allowed to give the examination.
Important points to remember on the D- Day
Above all mentioned instruction, some few more guidelines are given below for the candidates to follow. In order to avoid being panic on the exam day and last minute hustle, the candidates must follow the below-given instructions.
- First and foremost the candidates must stay calm and read all the instructions given on the admit card carefully.
- The candidate must check the admit card thoroughly as the details of the venue and address will be mentioned therein. So the candidates ought to reach the right examination centre before the reporting time.
- The candidates if reaches the centre late will not be allowed to enter the examination hall.
- Do not start any new chapters just before the day of the exam to create any confusion. This will result to mash up everything that is you will neither grasp or you will be able to revise the previous study.
- The candidates will not be allowed to leave the examination hall before the allotted time. If you have completed the exam before time then you have sit unless the time is over.
- Avoid carrying electronic gadgets such as a calculator, watch, or phone.
- Apart from the admit card the candidates must carry the valid identity proof.
- Also, ensure that you do not carry any other document such as blank paper or any other kind of paper.
Hope the article containing info on Do’s and Don’ts for the exam day will be beneficial for the candidates to gather information and ensure that the above instructions must be followed carefully.