DU JAT 2019 – DU JAT or Delhi University Joint Admission Test is the entrance exam that comes under university level. Delhi University takes the onus of conducting the JAT examination for providing admission to the students in various courses like Bachelor of Management Studies or BMS, BBA or FIA and BA (Hons) in Business Economics and many other courses. Once the candidates clear DU JAT exam, they need to go through the rounds of Group Discussion or GD and Personal Interview or PI in order to get admission there.
Here, we will discourse about the necessary information related to DU JAT 2019 that will include significant dates and schedule of the events, procedure to fill the application form, registration process in detail, pattern of the question paper with in-depth details of question type, marking scheme, eligibility criteria of the test, syllabus of the exam that include the related topics and subjects, issuance of admit card, result of the exam and the whole counselling procedure.
DU JAT 2019 Important Dates
Here we have given the tentative schedule of DU JAT 2019:
|DU JAT Events 2019||Dates|
|Release date of Application form||First week of May 2019|
|Last date for application submission||Last week of May 2019|
|Downloading of Admit card||First week of June 2019|
|Examination date||Third week of June 2019|
|Announcement of result||First week of July 2019|
|Commencement of Counseling||First week of July 2019|
To complete the process of registration, it is quite mandatory for the candidates to know everything about the application form filling procedure in advance. As the details in it need to be correct and no mistake will get the scope of rectification, the applicants will have to be quite cautious at the time of registration and read the below-mentioned instructions carefully before mentioning the information in the form:
- The candidates will have to visit the official website of DU JAT and fill the DU JAT 2019 Application Form completely with all the right information.
- Mention all the necessary details in the application form like personal information, address details, academic details, work experience, etc.
- The applicants will be expected to upload the latest colored and scanned photograph, ID proof, signature and other documents that are mentioned in the form.
- For the payment of application fee, the applicants have the option to submit the same online through debit card, credit card or net banking. No need to get worried about the safety of the payment mode as the gateway is highly secured.
- The applicants should keep the hard copy of the form with them for any kind of future use.
Application Fee details
- The payment of the application fee can be done via online mode that is through credit card or debit card or net banking.
- For the candidates who come in the category of general and OBC need to pay the fee amount of Rs. 500 and those who fall under the category of SC, ST or PWD will have to make the payment of Rs. 250 only.
Being the aspirant of DU JAT 2019, if you are not aware of the eligibility criteria for this exam, you won’t be able to get clarity at the time of registration. Thus, gathering information about the qualification requirement, percentage criteria, age limit, etc. is what all the aspirants need to do. Below are the details of the basic eligibility criteria for this entrance test which the candidates need to check before applying:
- The candidates need to qualify or pass the class 10+2 or equivalent exam from any reputed board.
- The candidates in the general and OBC category need to attain the aggregate marks of minimum 60%. Those who fall in the list of CW or PWD applicants should possess 54% marks and the candidates who are SC or ST can apply for the exam if scored 50% marks in aggregate.
- The candidates who are still to appear in the qualifying exam are also allowed to fill the form of DU JAT 2019.
- As far as the age criteria to appear in this exam are concerned, the applicants of any age can proceed for registration if are eligible on all other grounds.
The exam pattern of DU JAT 2019 is mentioned below:
- There will be multiple choice or objective type questions in the exam paper and the candidates need to pick the right one from the given options.
- The exam will be conducted in offline mode where the candidates will make use of pen and paper to solve the questions.
- The total time duration of the exam will be two hours and the applicants are directed to complete the paper within the stipulated time.
- This entrance exam will include the sections of Quantitative Ability, General Awareness, Analytical Ability, Business, General English and Reasoning.
- For every right answer, the candidate will be granted total 3 marks.
- This exam has the provision for negative marking. The authority will deduct one mark for every incorrect answer.
To prepare well for DU JAT 2019 examination paper, the candidates should know the nitty-gritty of the syllabus so that they would be able to prepare accordingly. The syllabus of this entrance test will possess the topics like Business & General Awareness, Reasoning & Analytical Ability, General English and Quantitative Ability.
The commencement date for the admit card of DU JAT 2019 will be from the first week of June 2019. The applicants can get the admit card when they go to the website and enter their login credentials to activate the online link. The admit card will contain the details like name of the candidate, roll number, photograph, exam date, time, exam centre, etc.
DU JAT 2019 Result
The applied candidates can easily see their score card for DU JAT exam 2019 online and the authority will upload the same on the website from the first week of July 2019. The candidates, who are selected in the entrance exam, will be called for the rounds of GD or Group Discussion and PI or Personal Interview. The score of the final result will be given on the overall marks attained by the candidates in the entrance test and GD and PI rounds.
DU JAT 2019 Counseling
DU JAT Counseling 2019 will be commenced after the announcement of the final result of entrance test and other rounds for admission. The selected candidates are expected to bring the necessary documents in original during the process of counseling. At the same time, the candidates will also have to pay the amount of admission fee.