DU JAT 2019 Eligibility Criteria – The University of Delhi manages the Joint Admission Examination of Delhi University. It also sets the DU JAT 2019 Eligibility Criteria for the applicants and they should adhere to the eligibility criteria before filling the application form of DU JAT. According to the eligibility criteria of DU JAT 2019 standards, a candidate who has finished the higher secondary education from the recognized body is entitled to apply and appear in DU JAT 2019. An ambitious candidate should secure a minimum of 60 percent in four papers which comprises of questions from Mathematics, English language and other two topics from the list of electives, as agreed by the University of Delhi. After examining the documents by high-ranking officials, there are no further DU JAT 2019 Eligibility Criteria defined, either for each category or in a college/course.
DU JAT 2019 Eligibility Criteria: General Criteria
- The prospective candidate must have cleared the final examination of CBSE or another class 12 corresponding examination from each Board/recognized Institute, University
- Candidates in the general category should have secured at least 60% in class 12. This aggregate should be evaluated from notes in four papers-English, math and the other two topics that are approved by the University of Delhi
- Candidates in the categories SC, ST, CW, and PWD should have reached at least 55% in the 12th grade. This aggregate should be evaluated from notes in four papers-English, math and the other two topics that are approved by the University of Delhi.
- Applicants should have cleared all four papers exclusively.
- Applicants must have a copy of confirmed result and mark sheet of the final test. If invited for group discussion and personal interview, the candidate must show the same.
- If an applicant fails to show any of these documents will be immediately disqualified.
- Candidates of OBC-Non Creamy layer/SC/ST/PWD/CW categories should produce the corresponding category certificate.
DU JAT 2019 Eligibility Criteria: Minimum Marks
|GENERAL||Minimum of 60%|
|OBC(Creamy Layer)||Minimum of 60%|
|OBC(Non-creamy Layer)||Minimum of 54%|
|CW/PWD||Minimum of 55%|
|SC/ST||Minimum of 55%|
DU JAT 2019 Eligibility Criteria: Category wise
Aspirants of the general category must have a total of at least 60 percent in four papers, including English, Math and other two subjects from the list of electives, as accepted by the University of Delhi.
List if electives –
- Any Language related paper
- Science Papers
- Computer Science
- Economics, Geography, Geology, Political Science
- Legal Studies
The minimum percentage for the OBC applicants is 54 percent in each of the four papers for the calculation of the aggregates taken into account. The OBC applicants will receive a loosening of 10 percent in the DU JAT 2019 Eligibility Criteria for admission of various courses.
In the case of applicants who belong to another category (SC/ST/PWD/CW) except General & OBC-Non Creamy layer, they must submit their category certificate during the document verification process.
The international applicants who have access to BMS/BBA (FIA)/BA (Hons) Business Economics course alongside the approved allocation of seats provided for them will have to undergo the Foreign Students Advisory process before filing the application.
DU JAT 2019 Eligibility Criteria: Key Highlights
- Each aspirant to apply for the DU JAT 2019 examination must be qualified/cleared the Board exams carried out by a recognized body. The exam must be CBSE or any other examination considered equivalent by the University of Delhi.
- Applicants with the position of failure in any of the subjects are not qualified according to the DU JAT 2019 Eligibility Criteria.
- Applicants who have given their XII category improvement papers are not entitled to apply for DU JAT 2019 for the current year. You can apply next year for the same.
- The applicants awaiting their exam results can also apply for the DU JAT 2019. The applicants of OBC category get a seat reservation of 27% out of the total seats.
- The candidates belonging to SC and SC category get a reservation of 22% where 15% will go the SC category and 7% to the ST category.
- Moderation of the cut-off will be to the level of five percent in the minimum scores for the SC and ST applicants after the verification of their eligibility.
- After the verification of the DU JAT 2019 Eligibility Criteria, the applicants will have to proceed further to file the application form that will be available online on the official website.