CUSAT CAT MBA 2019 – CUSAT or Cochin University of Science and Technology publish the details for admission to various part time and full time management programmes at School of Management Studies which is in Kochi. The admissions for CUSAT CAT MBA 2019 are based on the score of CAT which is Common entrance test conducted by IIM. All in all CUSAT is the apex body that is accountable for offering management courses to the candidates.
The aspirants will feel ecstatic to read this article owing to the fact that it covers each and every detailed in an elaborated manner without leaving a single point related to CUSAT CAT MBA 2019. Here, the applicants will find the related events and their schedule, the process of application form filling and registration online, eligibility criteria, details of the application fee, courses offered, the whole process of application submission, result declaration, counselling and the admission procedure in detail. The applicants will get the elaborative details in this content and that will act as a great guidance during the whole process of CUSAT exam.
The aspiring candidates who meet the eligibility requirements can appear in CUSAT CAT MBA 2019. Before knowing anything about this exam, the applicants should be aware of the important events and dates without which they will not be able to get the schedule. Below is the table where the applicants will find the related activities and their schedule:
|CUSAT CAT MBA 2019 Events||Dates|
|Date for online registration||First week of Feb 2019|
|Last date for online application (without fine)||Last week of Feb 2019|
|Last date for online application (with Fine)||First week of March 2019|
|Online fee payment||First week of March 2019|
|GD and PI for selected candidates||Last week of March 2019|
|Commencement of GD and PI||Second and third week of April 2019|
|Declaration of Result||First week of May 2019|
|Commencement of Counseling||Third week of May 2019|
Name of the Courses
- There are 120 seats and four regular semesters for the full time course of MBA or Master of Business Administration.
- There are 30 seats and six regular semesters for the part time programme of MBA or Master of Business Administration.
Note that there are total five seats in MBA full time course for the International Candidates that include Persons of Indian Origin or foreign citizens.
The applicants will have to fill the application form for CUSAT CAT MBA exam via online mode. In this, they need to go to the official web portal of CUSAT and click on the mentioned link for application form or registration there. Always remember that the candidates should read the eligibility requirements first before heading towards the process of application form filling. The aspirants have to make the payment of the application fee at the same time of the registration and the process to apply online should be completed before the given date. Let’s read out the step by step procedure of online registration for CUSAT CAT MBA 2019 exam.
Step 1: Creating the account for registration
In the first step, the candidates need to give certain personal information like name, email address, date of birth, phone number and much more. This is required to create the account or for registration where the applicants will get their user id and password as login credentials that they need to keep safe for use at later stages. Note that these credentials will be sent to the registered email id or phone number.
- Go to the official website of CUSAT which is www.cusat.nic.in.
- Tap on the button for the registration of new candidate and mention the name of the candidate, age and date of birth. Also give the details of the current mobile number and email address for further notification about CUSAT CAT MBA 2019.
- The applicants will have to then pick the user name which should be 6 characters long and include both the alphabets and numbers in it. Then this user name will be approved by the system, if the system rejects it due to some error, you need to create it again till it gets approved online Pick the right options from the three mentioned in page for login creation. The below mentioned guidelines will give you the clarity on selecting the right one:
Always remember that the phone number and e-mail id that is given for creating the login account will further be taken as the registered email address and mobile number where all the communication will be made by the authority. Due to this, the applicants are suggested to mention only the working mobile number and active email address while creating the user name and password as they need to keep it with them till the process of counseling and admission.
Step 2: Mentioning the personal data and uploading the signature and photograph
- In this step, the candidate will have to login the account by using the user name and password. There will be the option for changing the password and the applicants should use the same to keep their information secure.
- After this, see the application form thoroughly and fill the required details in it. Note that the candidates should verify every ddetail before submitting the form.
- The candidates will then upload their latest and colored passport size photograph with dimensions of 3.5 cm and 4.5 cm. The size of the file should fall anywhere between 4Kb to 100KB.
- Then they will have to upload their signature with specifications of 3.5 cm and 1.5 cm and the size of the file should be from 1 KB to 30 KB.
Step 3: Making the Payment of application fee
The applicants will be able to deposit the application fee only after 2 working days of the online application submission. The following options are included in fee payment. The candidates can choose any of them for the same:
- Select the name of the bank and then go ahead to get the hard copy of challan form and also the page where instructions are mentioned. You can pay the amount of fee at the bank after two days from the application form submission online. The applicants will have to ensure the journal number in the challan space as mentioned by the bank is rightly entered and also they should verify other details in the challan before leaving the premises of the bank.
- Coming to the online payment mode, the applicants will be able to pay the fee amount safely through net banking channel of the banks SBI or SBT. All they need to do is to first login the account and then select the option of payment or transfers. From there, they need to pick the button of PUL or Power Jyothi Fee Collection. The applicants will then mention the type of fee from the challan and click on submit tab. There is the box named ‘validation date’ where the candidates should mention their date of birth as was entered in the challan. The box of ‘fee reference no’ demands for the registration number of the candidates which was mentioned in the challan. After all this, the candidates should click the button confirm and finish the transaction. The number will be generated that needs to be noted down for future use.
- The candidates should simply go to the home page of the website and select the tab of online payment there. In this option of fee payment, the applicants will have to use debit card, credit card or net banking to make the payment. No need to get worried about the security issues as the payment gateway is highly safe.
If the candidates will not get the confirmation even after two days of payment deposition, they should inquire about the same by writing to the helpdesk of CUSAT through email and mentioning the whole issue.
Once the final submission of the application form is done, further rectification or changes cannot be done. All the future process right from the registration to the final selection and admission will depend upon the details and information provided by the applicant at the time of online form submission. Hence, it is mandatory for the candidates to enter the correct details from the beginning itself and cross check the same for two to three times before clicking the submit button. Those who do not pay attention to this will have to bear the consequences that may come due to incorrect details.
There is not any requirement of sending the documents to the University via post as everything will be done online only. For MBA course, the authority won’t demand for any offline documentation submission. For other courses, they may ask for certain documents like certificates or marksheet to be sent through post.
- The candidates who come under General category will have to pay the fee of Rs. 1000
- The applicants who come under the category of SC and ST need to make the fee payment of Rs. 500
- Those who are NRI or Non-Resident Indians, the application fee will be Rs.6000
- The applicants should attain the minimum marks of 50% in graduation with any stream.
- The candidates who belong to the communities of KSC or Kerala Scheduled Cast and KST or Kerala Scheduled Tribe need to carry the passing marks in graduation in order to get eligible for this exam.
- The SEBC applicants of the state Kerala who belongs to non-creamy layer will get the relaxation of 5% marks in graduation. Those who qualify as per this norm can apply for this test.
- The candidates should have the required CAT score.
Note that the above mentioned eligibility requirements should be fulfilled by all the aspirants who are applying for CUSAT CAT MBA 2019. Those who directly go for registration without reading out the eligibility criteria will have to face the inconvenience at the time of application form submission and fee submission. Once the application fee is deposited and the candidate will then come to know that he or she is not eligible, the fee amount won’t get refunded. Hence, it is always suggestible to read the details of eligibility thoroughly.
CUSAT or Cochin University of science and technology will announce its result for CAT MBA 2019 on the official website and the applicants will have to go to the link on the portal to see the score card. The merit list will also be published online after few days of result announcement.
GD and PI rounds of selected candidates
The candidates who will be selected in the written exam for CUSAT CAT MBA 2019 will then have to face the rounds of GD and PI. The applicants will be intimated about the date and the timing on mail. They need to be present at the School of Management Studies for GD and PI process.
CUSAT CAT MBA Counseling 2019
For the process of counseling, CUSAT will publish the list of the selected candidates and then intimate the candidates about the time. The tentative date of CUSAT CAT MBA counseling 2019 will fall in the second week of May 2019.
In order to get admission in MBA courses, the candidates need to have the required score in CAT which is organized by IIM. The final selection of the candidates will depend upon the collective score of written aptitude test, marks attained in Group Discussion and Personal interview. The proportion should be like 70:15:15.
This is all about the CUSAT CAT MBA exam process. The candidates should go through the content sincerely and clear all their doubts. The preparation for this exam is possible only if you know the nitty-gritty of CUSAT like application form process, registration, dates, eligibility criteria, result, counselling, and admission procedure. Make a proper time table and follow it on regular basis.