CMAT 2019 Exam Pattern -The exam pattern for CMAT 2019 will be prescribed by the examination conducting authority i.e. National Testing Agency for the candidates willing to pursue postgraduate management programs such as MBA, PGDM etc. Now, the candidates for the proper preparation in order to acquire good marks in CMAT 2019 and to qualify it in a single attempt ought to check the CMAT 2019 exam pattern as it contains the overall information about the pattern of the test paper including number of sections from which questions will be asked, mode of the exam, allotment of the time duration, and above all the marking scheme. However, candidates besides scrutinizing the exam pattern must also go through the syllabus to know the in-depth information about each section and also the topics covered under each section. Lastly, all the aspiring candidates are recommended to read the article to the end to have comprehensive info regarding CMAT 2019 exam pattern, syllabus, preparation tips and follow everything to prepare accordingly for obtaining desirable marks to seek admission in top B-school for aforementioned programs.
CMAT 2019 Exam Pattern – Highlights
Here, we bring you the details of exam pattern based on last year. The exam pattern for this year is expected to be the same.
- Exam mode: It is a computer based online test.
- Section: The test paper is divided into four sections that are Quantitative Techniques & Data Interpretation, Logical Reasoning, Language Comprehension and General Awareness.
- Questions: The test paper will consist of 100 multiple choice question carrying 25 questions in each section.
- Marks: The test is of 400 marks, 4 marks are given for each correct answer and for the wrong answer, 1 mark is deducted.
- Time duration: The candidate need to complete their exam in three hours that is 180 minutes and there is no time limit for the sections.
The below-given table will sum up the CMAT 2019 exam pattern:
|Sections||Number of questions||Total marks|
|Quantitative Techniques & Data Interpretation||25||100|
CMAT 2019 Exam Pattern – Marking Scheme
The CMAT marking scheme is defined by AICTE. The scores will be calculated according to the CMAT marking scheme. For the ease of the candidates, the marking scheme given below.
|For each correct answer||+4|
|For the wrong answer||-1|
|Marks for unattempted questions||0|
CMAT 2019 Exam Pattern – Syllabus
As of now the there is no definite syllabus prescribed by NTA, based on previous year’s question paper the syllabus is prepared. This will help the candidates to prepare for the exam and will be able to score good marks. The details of the CMAT 2019 syllabus are given below:
Topics you have to study in each chapter:
- Quantitative Techniques & Data Interpretation: Question for this section covers the following topics:
- Number Systems
- Simple Interest and Compound Interest
- Quadratic and linear equations
- Allegation and Mixtures
- Profit and Loss, etc.
- Logical Reasoning: Topics for logical reasoning section is given below:
- Analytical reasoning
- Direction and Distance test
- Non-Verbal Tests (Visual reasoning)
- Cause and effects
- Statements and assumptions
- Analogy Test, etc.
- Statements Assumptions
- Language Comprehension: Topics for Language comprehension are listed below:
- One Word Substitution
- Paragraph Completion
- English Grammar, etc.
- Synonyms and Antonyms
- General Awareness: Listed below are the topics from where candidates can expect questions:
- Personalities in News
- Culture, etc.
- Current Affairs of National, International, Economic, etc.
Read the CMAT 2019 preparation tips here
- Go through the syllabus thoroughly.
- Select the easy topic you ‘re good at and then move to difficult topics.
- Good reference books and study materials are the best guidance for you.
- Solve as many as Mock Test Papers and sample paper to understand the exam pattern and you can maintain the time limit. Regular practice will increase your speed till the exam.
- Don’t pressurize yourself into completing the course fast. Take proper time to understand and rest to kill your fatigue.
CMAT is the nationwide management exam conducted for the aspirants who are willing to take admission in various MBA program. AICTE is the exam conducting authority for CMAT. Around thousands of candidate appear for this prestigious exam each year. In the month of October, the registration process will start and continue until December. CMAT 2019 exam will be conducted in the month of January 2019 and in the month of February, the result will be announced.
To solve your queries related CMAT 2019 Exam Pattern, you can leave your comment in the below-given comment box.