CAT Reservation of Seats 2019 – CAT that stands for Common Admission Test is a national level entrance test which is conducted once in a year to offer admission in postgraduate management program. Candidates can get admission in the top B-school on the basis of CAT score. Moving ahead to the seats offered to the candidates, each Indian Institute of Management has a reservation policy based on which a certain number of seats are reserved for the candidates belonging to the Scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled Tribe, Other Backward Classes (OBC), and Person with Disability (PwD). The policy of reserved seats is based on the norms specified by the Government of India. Now, the candidates to get the benefits of reservation policy have to submit their caste certificate at the time of registration along with the application form to claim for the reservation. Therefore, lastly, candidates to fetch the comprehensive information about the CAT reservation of Seats 2019 must go through the article and read the info meticulously.
Category wise Reservation Details
All the IIMs should abide by the reservation policy of the Government of India and follow the below-mentioned criteria before initiating their form selection process:
|Category||Percentage of Reservation|
|Schedule Caste (SC)||15|
|Scheduled Tribe (ST)||7.5|
|Other Backward Classes (OBC)||27|
|Person With Disability (PWD)||3|
CAT Reservation of Seats 2019: Points to Remember
Reservation Policy and norms will remain unaltered until the Central Government takes an initiative. The candidates are advised to properly fill the category column in the form as this cannot be edited further. Let’s get familiar with some of the major points that the applicants under reserved categories should keep in mind:
- As per the norm, all the three sections of physically disabled candidates, locomotor disability, vision problem, and hearing defect, will get 3% reservation in CAT exam. To avail the same, the candidates need to submit the caste certificate as evidence. At the time of the registration procedure, the applicants have to show the original documents and submit the copies.
- The Central Government has defined the non-creamy layer candidates of OBC category as highly poor and least educated and thus made 27% reservation in CAT seats. This concept of the non-creamy layer was put with an initiative to make a difference between the financially weaker and stronger section of OBC.
Important Reservation Details
The applicants need to go through the form carefully and read all the important instructions before filling it up. Before getting into the registration process, the candidate should get the clarity over the reserved seats in the CAT 2019 exam and ensure to keep the caste certificate handy. Know your SC, ST, OBC, PWD eligibility criteria and then go ahead to complete the process of registration. The necessary details that have to be filled in the form are the name of the candidate, city or village or town, state or union territory and caste.
The proof of caste is mandatory and for this, the applicant has to attach the certificate at any cost to meet the eligibility criteria. This certificate should be signed by the recognized authority. Those who fall into the category of physical disability should present the certificate signed by the medical authority. If there is no mention of disability in the certificate, the reservation won’t be given. Moreover, some details about the disability should be written inside.
Forms and Certificates for CAT 2019
The applicants should be aware of all the necessary documents required during the registration of CAT 2019. For those who are in the reserved category should carry their certificate and upload the same during application submission. Follow below-mentioned steps to fill the CAT 2019 exam form:
- Visit the official website of CAT.
- Go to the option of download reservation form and do the same.
- Fill the details correctly in the form and get it signed by the gazetted officer.
- Do not forget to upload all other important documents before submitting the CAT 2019 application form.
- Be punctual in completing the CAT 2019 registration process within the given time.
CAT Certificate Format – Download
Candidates while filling the application form have to upload their caste certificate to avail the opportunity during the admission procedure. Therefore, candidates must go through the below-given format in which the certificate should be uploaded:
|Certificate Format||Links to Download|
|NC_OBC Certificate||Click Here|
|SC/ST Certificate||Click Here|
|Final Year Certificate||Click Here|
|Candidate Identification Certificate||Click Here|
Reading the aforesaid information will let you know about CAT reservation of seats 2019 in detail. Follow the same and claim your reservation in CAT exam 2019 systematically. In case of any changes in the policies by conducting authority, we will update the same here immediately.