CAT Reservation of Seats 2018 – The CAT is a national level examination conducted on the rotational basis by IIM. CAT scores are a gateway to get admission in top 20 IIMS or 100’s of other B-schools in India. Certain seats are reserved for SC, ST, OBC and PWD candidates. The policy for CAT reservation was made by Government of India. IIMs and other government institutes have to follow the reservation criteria. During the registration process, the candidate has to mention the category name and must upload caste certificate as an evidence of proof. If they failed to submit the certificate the application will be rejected.
The reservation criteria for CAT 2018 consist of SC (Scheduled Caste). ST (Scheduled Tribes), Other Backward Classes and PWD candidates. There are three categories of disability: Low vision blindness, hearing impairment, and Locomotor disability/cerebral palsy. These are the fixed percentage reservations by the Central Government and IIM has no authority to modify it as per their requirement.
This article will give the details of CAT Reservation of Seats 2018.
Category wise Reservation Details
All the IIMs should abide by the reservation policy of the Government of India and follow the below-mentioned criteria before initiating their form selection process:
|Category||Percentage of reservation|
|Schedule Caste (SC)||15|
|Schedule Tribe (ST)||7.5|
|Other Backward Classes (OBC)||27|
|Person With Disability (PWD)||3|
CAT Reservation of Seats 2018: Points to Remember
Reservation Policy and norms will remain unaltered until the Central Government takes an initiative. The candidates are advised to properly fill the category column in the form as this cannot be edited further. Let’s get familiar with some of the major points that the applicants under reserved categories should keep in mind:
- As per the norm, all the three sections of physically disabled candidates, locomotor disability, vision problem and hearing defect, will get 3% reservation in CAT exam. To avail the same, the candidates need to submit the caste certificate as evidence. At the time of registration procedure, the applicants have to show the original documents and submit the copies.
- The Central Government has defined the non-creamy layer candidates of OBC category as highly poor and least educated and thus made 27% reservation in CAT seats. This concept of the non-creamy layer was put with an initiative to make a difference between the financially weaker and stronger section of OBC.
Important Reservation Details
The applicants need to go through the form carefully and read all the important instructions before filling it up. Before getting into the registration process, the candidate should get the clarity over the reserved seats in CAT exam 2018 and ensure to keep the caste certificate handy. Know your SC, ST, OBC, PWD eligibility criteria and then go ahead to complete the process of registration. The necessary details that have to be filled in the form are name of the candidate, city or village or town, state or union territory and caste.
The proof of caste is mandatory and for this, the applicant has to attach the certificate at any cost to meet the eligibility criteria. This certificate should be signed by the recognized authority. Those who fall into the category of physical disability should present the certificate signed by the medical authority. If there is no mention of disability in the certificate, the reservation won’t be given. Moreover, some details about the disability should be written inside.
Forms and Certificates for CAT 2018
The applicants should be aware of all the necessary documents required during the registration of CAT 2018. For those who are in the reserved category should carry their certificate and upload the same during application submission. Follow below-mentioned steps to fill the CAT 2018 exam form:
- Visit the official website of CAT.
- Go to the option of download reservation form and do the same.
- Fill the details correctly in the form and get it signed by the gazetted officer.
- Do not forget to upload all other important documents before submitting the CAT 2018 application form.
- Be punctual in completing the CAT 2018 registration process within the given time.
Reading the aforesaid information will let you know about CAT reservation of seats 2018 in detail. Follow the same and claim your reservation in CAT exam 2018 systematically. In case of any changes in the policies by conducting authority, we will update the same here immediately.