CAT Latest Update 2018 – CAT, an entrance test of the national level that is a miniature form of Common Aptitude Test has released the CAT 2018 notification on 29th of July 2018. So, the aspiring candidates to have comprehensive information related to the CAT 2018 updates must read the whole article thoroughly. Now, the candidates after the release of CAT 2018 notification has been able to know the important dates of each event of CAT 2018. Furthermore, info like exam centres, application fee etc. can also be acquired while going through the CAT 2018 notification. By means of this, it is essential for the candidates to know the changes that have been made this year. So, according to CAT 2018 notification, the exam centres have increased compared to the previous years for the convenience of the test takers across the country. Besides this, the application fee has upsurged this year as earlier it was 1800 for the general category candidates whereas, this year they have to pay 1900. Similarly, that for the reserved category candidates, the application fee is Rs 950/- which was 900 previously. Therefore, lastly, the candidates are recommended to read each section of this article in order to get the reliable details regarding the CAT latest update that has been notified on 29th of July 2018.
CAT 2018 Important Dates
Hereby, the updated important dates for CAT 2018 have been provided for the ease of the candidates to be aware of each important upcoming events. Therefore, candidate, in order to avoid delayness, must follow the dates below-cited and go for each event on a priority basis.
|Release of CAT 2018 Notification||July 29, 2018|
|Application Commencement||8th of August 2018|
|Last date for submission of application||26th September 2018|
|CAT 2018 Application form edit||From 27-30th September 2018|
|Release of Admit Card||October 24th, 2018|
|CAT Tutorial/Mock Test||17th October 2018|
|CAT 2018 Exam Date||November 25, 2018 (Sunday)|
|Release of CAT 2018 Answer Key||Second week of December 2018|
|CAT 2018 Result||Second week of January 2019|
Highlights: CAT 2018 Important Dates
The above-mentioned events of CAT 2018 important dates are explained in details below to provide a better understanding of the candidates:
- CAT 2018 Notification Released: IIM Kolkata, the CAT 2018 examination conducting body has released the official notification on 29th of July 2018 wherein the candidates can check the detailed information regarding the important dates, eligibility criteria, test centres etc. by visiting the official website of IIM.
- CAT 2018 Registration: IIM Calcutta has released the application form online on 8th of August 2018. The candidates need to visit the official website of CAT 2018 to register for the exam. Once the registration process is complete the aspirants will get login credentials through which they will be able to log in and fill the application form by entering the details, uploading the photograph and other necessary documents required along with the application fee payment.
- Submission of Application: The last date for submission of application form is the 26th of September. After the successful submission of application by the 26th of September, a small application correction window for three days will be opened for the candidate to make the necessary changes required in the application form.
- CAT 2018 Admit Card: After the successful submission of the application form along with the application fee, the candidates will be able to download the admit card of CAT 2018 from the official website of CAT from 24th of October. The admit card need to be downloaded by the candidates before the commencement of CAT 2018 exam as it will not be sent to any candidate via post.
- CAT 2018 Exam: The examination of CAT 2018 will be held on November 25, 2018, Sunday, and is expected to be conducted in online mode in two sessions.
- CAT 2018 Answer Key: The answer key will be released in the second week of December after the exams.
- CAT 2018 Result: CAT 2018 result will be declared by the examination conducting body in the second week of January 2019. It can be downloaded from the official website of CAT in a form of scorecard which will carry the overall and sectional scores.
CAT 2018 Registration Details
The registration process for CAT 2108 has been started from 8th of August 2018 which is completely online. Candidates need to visit the official website to fill the registration form and once you have completed the registration process, user ID and password will be generated which will be sent to the candidates through email or SMS.
Now, log in by using the login credentials to fill the CAT 2018 application form. The CAT application form has the following categories or sections
- Personal Details
- Contact Details
- Academic Details
- Selecting Test Centres and Interview Cities
- Work Experience
Once you have completed filling up the information, click on Save & Next tab. Then, you need to upload the photograph and signature. The photograph and signature have to be uploaded within the given dimension. Now, the last step is to make payment of the application fee through Credit/Debit Card or Net Banking.
CAT 2018 Application Fee
- The application fee for General category candidates is Rs.1900 and for SC/ST/PWD category candidates is Rs. 950
- The mode of application fee payment is through Debit / Credit Card or Net Banking.
To solve all your queries related to CAT 2018 Important dates, you can leave your comment in the below-given comment box.