CAT 2019 Result – IIM Calcutta, the conducting body of CAT 2019 has declared the result on 5th January 2019 in online mode merely. Candidates who have appeared in the entrance test of CAT 2019 will be able to download the result in online mode by visiting the website of CAT as the hard copy of the result or scorecard as it will not be sent to any candidate via post or any other medium. Since the result is declared, candidates based on their marks will get shortlisted by the institute which they had applied for while filling the application form. Candidates will be called to participate in the selection procedure in order to get selected for taking admission in top B-school for the postgraduate management program. Coming back to the format of the CAT 2019 result, so basically, it is in the form of scorecard wherein both overall as well as sectional scores and percentiles of the candidates are mentioned. Moreover, the percentiles which the candidates have acquired will be sent to them through SMS on their registered mobile number. Furthermore, the candidates are required to retain their result until the admission process. Also, the validity of CAT 2019 result will remain valid for 1 year i.e. until 31st December 2019. Lastly, candidates are recommended to download the result since it has been released.
CAT 2019 Result (Score Card) has been declared on 5th January 2019 through login. Click here to check the result.
CAT 2019 Result: Important Dates to Remember
The important dates related to CAT 2019 result are given below:
|CAT Exam Events||Dates|
|CAT 2019 Exam||24th November 2019|
|CAT 2019 Result||First week of January 2019|
|Shortlisting Process||4th week of January 2019|
|Selection Procedure||February – March 2019|
|Final Selection||April 2019|
How to check the CAT 2019 Result?
For the ease of the aspirants, a step by step procedure is given to download the CAT 2019 Result. The steps are discussed below:
- Firstly, you need to visit the official website of CAT 2019 or click on the link given.
- Login with the registration credentials – user id and password
- Click on the tab ‘login’
- Click on the tab ‘Score Card’ and download your CAT 2019 result cum scorecard.
- The last step is to take a print, save and preserve CAT 2019 Scorecard until the admission process will be completed
Information Printed on CAT 2019 Result cum Score Card
The following details will be printed on the CAT 2019 scorecard cum result:
- Name of the candidate.
- Candidate’s contact details and email ID.
- Date and time of the examination.
- Date of birth.
- Overall percentile
- Overall score
- Instructions for the post of CAT 2019 result.
- Section 1 percentile(VARC)
- Section 2 percentile (Data interpretation and logical reasoning)
- Section 2 percentile (Quantitative ability)
- Unique ID and registration number.
- Scaled score of section 1 (verbal ability and reading comprehension).
- Scaled score of section 2 (Data interpretation and logical reasoning)
- Scaled score of section 3 (Quantitative ability)
How is CAT 2019 Result Calculated?
- According to CAT 2019 marking scheme, three marks will be awarded to each correct response.
- For every incorrect answer, there will be negative marking as well. For every incorrect response, there will be a deduction of one mark.
- However, negative marking is applicable to Non-MCQ’s.
CAT 2019 Score Vs Percentile
Candidates who are going to appear in CAT 2019 exam will need to go through the information provided in the table furnished below. After scrutinizing the information, candidates can know the difference between a score and percentile how both the parameters vary:
|CAT Score||CAT Percentile|
|155.8 to 200.4||99 to 99.9|
|142.8 to 155.2||98 to 98.9|
|134.6 to 141||97 to 97.8|
|128.2 to 134.2||96 to 96.9|
|123.3 to 127.9||95 to 95.9|
What after the declaration of CAT 2019 Result?
After CAT 2019 result gets declared, each participating institute will release the cutoff percentile. The score of CAT 2019 exam will be accepted by 20 IIMs along with 100+ B-schools across the country. Now, let’s have a look at the below-given details:
|B-Schools||Cutoff Percentile||Availability of Seats|
CAT 2019 Selection Procedure
Candidates, while filling the application were given an opportunity to select their choice of participating institutes in which they wished to get admission. After each participating institute release the cutoff percentile, it is checked whether the candidates who had applied for that particular institute fulfills the minimum qualifying marks or not. If yes, their names will be announced to participate in the selection procedure round that involves Group Discussion and Personal Interview. Further, on the basis of CAT score, performance and marks acquired in GD and PI rounds, previous academic record, work experience, etc., the final merit list is released that contains the names of the candidates who can get into the institute for courses such as MBA, PGDM, etc.
Apart from this, post-selection procedure round, candidates have to go for the verification of the document. Therefore, what are the significant documents, the candidate needs to carry for verification are below-cited.
- Caste Certificate
- PWD Certificate (for those who are physically disabled)
- Mark sheets of 10th, 12th, and Graduation
- CAT 2019 Score Card
- CAT 2019 Admit Card etc.
Highlights: CAT 2019 Result
- The overall scaled score is the sum of scaled scores of all the three sections.
- People often get confused between percentile and percentage. Percentile is who receive score more or less than the candidate.
- All the queries related to CAT 2019 result cum scorecard will be solved by IIM.No examination centre will solve any sort of any query or question.
- The candidates appearing for the examination are eligible to receive scorecard cum result. Candidates are advised to keep the copy of CAT 2019 result until the admission procedure gets over.
- CAT 2019 scorecard is valid until one year i.e 31st December 2020.
- IIM’s and non-IIM institutes independently take decisions for the usage of CAT’s score. There are further steps in the admission procedure after the CAT 2019 Examination.
- Detection of instances of incorrect information and process violation by a candidate at any stage can result in disqualification of the candidate. Candidate’s score will become null and void and he/she will not be allowed to appear for CAT in the future. If any issues related to the information are undetected during the current selection process but are detected in subsequent years, such disqualification will take place with retrospective effect.
feel free to ask any question or query regarding CAT 2019 result, our experts will reach you with the best possible results available